Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 08:07 PM

11,350 posts, read 16,717,087 times

Advertisements

The Mrs. and I went to look at a 55+ today in Waretown.

Does anyone here know about the area in general? Obviously, since it is a 55+ we don't care about the schools, unless they're looking to build more.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2007, 08:28 PM

1,697 posts, read 3,482,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPBsr View Post
The Mrs. and I went to look at a 55+ today in Waretown.

Does anyone here know about the area in general? Obviously, since it is a 55+ we don't care about the schools, unless they're looking to build more.

Thanks
I like that area. Waretown itself used to be sort of a quiet place but like the whole area it's a bit busier now. For most of your shopping, you can head down to Manahawkin, which isn't very far away, or to Toms River. Route 9 is the major artery- east of Route 9 is where most of the development is, and to the west of Route 9 is largely woods. The bay is very close by, too.

Old 12-28-2007, 05:53 PM

10 posts, read 34,828 times
My in-laws just bought a house in the 55+ community in Waretown. (Actually you only have to be 48 to move in here now) They LOVE it!!!! They came from Long Island, NY so it was a huge adjustment, but because their kids and now grandkids are here they are getting used to the area.. Waretown is building a Home Depot, Shoprite, new medical buildings so it's up and coming more..

Last edited by chettabelle; 12-28-2007 at 07:27 PM..

Old 12-28-2007, 06:00 PM

45 posts, read 215,885 times
My cousin has brought there when they first built it a few years ago. He loves it. I have been there a few times to visit on the fourth of July they have activities going on by the pool. The place looks like a vacation resort. The clubhouse is beautiful. They finally made an exit on the GSP I believe its exit 69, and when you get off this exit it is right there... A good choice

Old 12-28-2007, 07:05 PM

828 posts, read 3,139,186 times
I live near Waretown.
There is NO Home Depot being built there, but there is a Shop Rite being built there---about time!
Very close to the Nuclear Power Plant in Lacey, but you do not get the tax advantages that Lacey residents get.
The town is a decent quiet town that is trying...I would definitely look at the 55+ community, if I was 55+.

Old 12-28-2007, 07:25 PM

I see this old thread has re-appeared.

Unfort, we can't make the move for about 2 years (hopefully less), but Waretown is #1 on our list. We've been down there a number of times looking it over and going back tomorrow afternoon to see how the people decorated for Christmas.

Lucky for us that they still have almost 600 homes to go.

Old 12-28-2007, 07:28 PM

10 posts, read 34,828 times
Sorry, my mistake, there is a Home Depot being built in Forked River which is 2 min from Waretown!
Also the Power Plant was just shut down so who knows if and when it will reopen.

Old 12-28-2007, 07:50 PM

5,818 posts, read 12,632,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chettabelle View Post
My in-laws just bought a house in the 55+ community in Waretown. (Actually you only have to be 48 to move in here now) They LOVE it!!!! They came from Long Island, NY so it was a huge adjustment, but because their kids and now grandkids are here they are getting used to the area.. Waretown is building a Home Depot, Shoprite, new medical buildings so it's up and coming more..
What do you mean u only have to be 48 to move in a 55+ community. Yippee if thats the case I qualify.

Old 12-28-2007, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEY MAN View Post
What do you mean u only have to be 48 to move in a 55+ community. Yippee if thats the case I qualify.
I think the law states that they have to allow a certain % of people in who are under 55.

If anyone has the opportunity to check out this 55+ I would highly recommend it. The clubhouse is like a resort.

Just wish we could move there now. (Make note to self....get adult kids out of house).

Old 12-28-2007, 09:03 PM

828 posts, read 3,139,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chettabelle View Post
Sorry, my mistake, there is a Home Depot being built in Forked River which is 2 min from Waretown!
Also the Power Plant was just shut down so who knows if and when it will reopen.
Talk about a plethora of misinformation...

The Home Depot in Forked River has been opened for over 2 months, and the Power Plant is running, and was not shut down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey