Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2010, 04:47 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,842,423 times

Advertisements

Some Pictures go back to late September , Rahway is first and Hoboken is last......i might go Linden Tommorrow....and more Rahway.

Future site on Dense Retail / Housing...

Future site of the City amphitheater seating 1,300 and Dense Retail / Housing

Outer Downtown Housing

Downtown Rahway

Future Site of Dense Housing

5 ways Intersecttion

Rahway River

Rahway Station

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UmeA2QN4PE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2010, 05:05 PM

303 posts, read 752,202 times
Great shots of Rahway...cant wait to see the shots of JC you have in store

Old 11-13-2010, 04:07 AM

^ Those will come soon, after a few JC updates

East of Downtown / Rahway River

Crossing the Rahway River

Downtown Rahway / Rahway Station

Up Next : Rahway's Historic side......

Old 11-16-2010, 02:20 AM

Rahway Historic Homes

The Northeast Corridor line < & > North Jersey Coast line Interchange

Up Next : Downtown Jersey City

Old 11-16-2010, 08:55 AM

2,705 posts, read 8,268,246 times
With all due respect, I don't see anything urban about Rahway. It's a suburb.

Old 11-16-2010, 08:57 AM

13,399 posts, read 28,714,749 times
Nex...when you posting the JC pix?

Old 11-19-2010, 02:34 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,458,307 times
Next time you are in Rahway stop by and say hello
My office is behind the white fan in the picture with the statue and flag , great pic's

Old 11-19-2010, 02:59 PM

5,771 posts, read 16,578,952 times
Rawtown has a lot of potential and looks much better than years ago when it was mostly known for an outdated downtown and the auto junkyards along US1&9.
Development needs to be done smartly. Before it gets too built up, they should make sure there is more than enough parking near the train station which can bring in lots more commerce as commuters from adjoining towns can use that if parking is ample.

Natural treasures like the river need to be kept as clean as possible including the riverbanks. Development that is too dense can easily destroy a town if not carefully balanced by introducing many factors which can also introduce other negative factors. It needs to be kept at or below a density where people know each other and take pride in their surroundings and environment. Too much density can introduce anonymity which can lead to opportunity for crime enhancing atmospheres. Keeping density at a sane level prevents that.

It has great potentials, my point is it's a careful juggling act to keep it positive but can be done.

Old 11-20-2010, 02:29 PM

I forgot to sort my pictures , so it will be few days or day before i can begin showing them....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQ8d1skXySQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyc_37 View Post
With all due respect, I don't see anything urban about Rahway. It's a suburb.
The Downtown is Urban in terms of Density........by the end of the decade will all the developments going on it should get there..

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianG View Post
Next time you are in Rahway stop by and say hello
My office is behind the white fan in the picture with the statue and flag , great pic's
I'll be there on Wednesday filming the "Day before Thanksgiving" Amtrak rush....

Quote:
Originally Posted by captne76 View Post
Rawtown has a lot of potential and looks much better than years ago when it was mostly known for an outdated downtown and the auto junkyards along US1&9.
Development needs to be done smartly. Before it gets too built up, they should make sure there is more than enough parking near the train station which can bring in lots more commerce as commuters from adjoining towns can use that if parking is ample.

Natural treasures like the river need to be kept as clean as possible including the riverbanks. Development that is too dense can easily destroy a town if not carefully balanced by introducing many factors which can also introduce other negative factors. It needs to be kept at or below a density where people know each other and take pride in their surroundings and environment. Too much density can introduce anonymity which can lead to opportunity for crime enhancing atmospheres. Keeping density at a sane level prevents that.

It has great potentials, my point is it's a careful juggling act to keep it positive but can be done.
I have some 1/9 photos somewhere , but they even fixed that up nicely. They have plans for a River Promenade , Amphitheater , 5 more Downtown developments and few more parks , Rahway is doing things right. Many other towns like neighboring Linden and Perth Amboy could learn a few things. There dense , but just in the Downtown , its a typical town outside of that. Its very pedestrian friendly , lights at every major intersection. Sidewalks on every street , marked cross walks.

Old 11-21-2010, 05:55 AM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Great pics, Nexus. Love the shadows from the trees in some of them.

I recognize a few of those places that I see from the choo-choo, but other areas I haven't seen before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey