Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2010, 06:38 PM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,389,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramrodbenchwood View Post
Does Bridgewater have good pizza, chinese restaurants and diners?
Yes, Yes, and Yes.

Chimney Rock Inn for Pizza IMO
Take your pick on Chinese
Same with Diners rt 22 and rt 202/206 plenty of Diners In Bridgewater. Plus every Chain restaurant you can imagine.
Best Italian is Espos in Raritan.(red gravy) Garasol (sp)Italian In Bound Brook
Every section in Bridgewater has at least three- four pizzerias.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2010, 08:10 PM

68 posts, read 395,957 times
Great, thank you for the info. What about sushi??

Old 12-01-2010, 06:53 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,389,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramrodbenchwood View Post
Great, thank you for the info. What about sushi??
There is a Japanese Sushi restaurant in Martinsville right next door to the Chinese restaurant. The corner of Chimney Rock and Washington Valley Rds.

Old 05-17-2011, 09:43 AM

1 posts, read 2,949 times
Hi! I just wanted to let you know that the Thomae Park section on both sides of Shepherd is Bridgewater Twp. The information the person gave you was not correct. Great family neighbprhood! Good Luck!

Old 05-17-2011, 05:07 PM

683 posts, read 465,002 times
This would add to your commute, but if you can't find anything in Bridgewater, why not look next door to Branchburg. Beautiful small town. They don't have their own high school, and send kids to Somerville HS but that is a GREAT school, with kids going on to top top colleges. Branchburg has an EXCELLENT school system from K-8th grade.

Old 05-17-2011, 07:18 PM

6,175 posts, read 12,939,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzsaz View Post
This would add to your commute, but if you can't find anything in Bridgewater, why not look next door to Branchburg. Beautiful small town. They don't have their own high school, and send kids to Somerville HS but that is a GREAT school, with kids going on to top top colleges. Branchburg has an EXCELLENT school system from K-8th grade.
Just because I'm curious, what criteria or scale are you using to call Somerville a GREAT High School?

Old 05-19-2011, 01:21 PM

26 posts, read 50,870 times
I lived in Bridgewater for 6 years and commuted to NY from the Bridgewater train and while you do have to switch trains in Newark it would be soooo much easier than driving to Newark or Summit which would make no sense to me - I now take the train from New Brunswick which is easier since there is not switching but there is no parking so thats an issue. If you are on the Vanderveer section you could take the train from Raritan which I did for a few years too. I had no problem getting the permit from Raritan.

there are plenty of places to eat that are great - in Bridgewater and also downtown Somerville. Somerville is great for dining but I would not call the schools there great - Bridgewater yes GREAT schools.

The Vanderveer section is nice but the properties are smaller than some of the other sections, but its a nice area and I loved walking up and down the streets - has a neighborhood feel that I like.

Good luck

Old 05-20-2011, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post
Just because I'm curious, what criteria or scale are you using to call Somerville a GREAT High School?
Take a look at the colleges where their graduates go to. Very impressive list coming out of a public high school.

Also, it's small enough where if you want to be in the band, chances are, you'll be in the band, the soccer team, track, football, etc. etc.

Look, there are questionable students that attend the school, but all in all, you'll have that at just about any public high school. I know tons of kids that went there and moved on to the big Ivy's. Those that don't go to Ivy's then go into the next tier: John Hopkins, Boston College, UVA, Lehigh, Lafayette, UConn, NYU, George Washington, Gettysburg, etc.

Don't judge the school on the "bad" section of town. Every town has a "bad" section. You just may not "see" it.

Old 05-20-2011, 07:31 AM

6,175 posts, read 12,939,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzsaz View Post
Take a look at the colleges where their graduates go to. Very impressive list coming out of a public high school.

Also, it's small enough where if you want to be in the band, chances are, you'll be in the band, the soccer team, track, football, etc. etc.

Look, there are questionable students that attend the school, but all in all, you'll have that at just about any public high school. I know tons of kids that went there and moved on to the big Ivy's. Those that don't go to Ivy's then go into the next tier: John Hopkins, Boston College, UVA, Lehigh, Lafayette, UConn, NYU, George Washington, Gettysburg, etc.

Don't judge the school on the "bad" section of town. Every town has a "bad" section. You just may not "see" it.

I didn't "judge" anything. I asked a question. What criteria are you using when you call a school GREAT. Pointing out, anecdotally, without even a source to back up the claim, that some unknown number of students have gone on to some unnamed but impressive colleges, doesn't really answer the question. Most of the high schools in northern Somerset county can point to a few students & the great colleges to which they went after graduation. And good for those students. But that doesn't automatically place the high school on the list of great ones. Do you have any information that shows an inordinately high percentage of Somerville High graduates going on to these top tier schools, compared to other schools in the area?

Last edited by Bill Keegan; 05-20-2011 at 07:33 AM.. Reason: typos

Old 05-20-2011, 10:14 AM

Guess what, I don't waste my time collecting data on millions of different issues. Are you a real estate agent? Gosh, can I please have the name of your agency so I am sure not to refer friends or relatives to it. You certainly are looking to bash Somerville.

I'm leaving this topic because I can only see you leading it into something very ugly.

And, finally, yes, I think Somerville has a great high school. Sorry if that doesn't qualify in your world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey