Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 10:15 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,460,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjonez View Post
I agree I love rahway it right in between everything NY Philli and close to the shore I love my neighborhood
what part are you in?

i am on madison right off inman ave .
and our office is on central ave and irving st.

stop by and say hello
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2007, 10:15 PM

562 posts, read 2,615,271 times
guys.. i must agree with Kort.. Rahway is very very crowded and dangerous when compared to IOWA or Idaho.. I think Kort lives in one of those farm houses in the middle of nothing.. where they practice cow tiping as a hobby.. for the rest of us who are used to the metropolitan areas, Rahway is an upcoming town.. my neice went to a dance school in Rahway.. as the classes were 60% black, 20% white, 10% hispanics and 10% other.. it's a middle class town.. you won't find too many people with an income over 6 figures.. maybe 50's .. but it's a hard working class.. I would not mind living in Rahway.. but the truth is that for me Rahway is to quiet.. i'm used to living in heavy populated areas.. so i stick to Elizabeth for now.. yes Kort, Elizabeth.. as per you it's like Newark.. lol.. then you talk about ignorance.. pleaseeeeeeee.. ok that's it from me..

Old 09-06-2007, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstar41 View Post
guys.. i must agree with Kort.. Rahway is very very crowded and dangerous when compared to IOWA or Idaho.. I think Kort lives in one of those farm houses in the middle of nothing.. where they practice cow tiping as a hobby.. for the rest of us who are used to the metropolitan areas, Rahway is an upcoming town.. my neice went to a dance school in Rahway.. as the classes were 60% black, 20% white, 10% hispanics and 10% other.. it's a middle class town.. you won't find too many people with an income over 6 figures.. maybe 50's .. but it's a hard working class.. I would not mind living in Rahway.. but the truth is that for me Rahway is to quiet.. i'm used to living in heavy populated areas.. so i stick to Elizabeth for now.. yes Kort, Elizabeth.. as per you it's like Newark.. lol.. then you talk about ignorance.. pleaseeeeeeee.. ok that's it from me..
Speaking of Kort .
Has anybody seen a post by him / her recently ?
The last one i remember seeing was in early august, even though i dont agree with him / her i hope that he or she is okay !!!

Old 09-06-2007, 11:30 PM

161 posts, read 767,654 times
My sister lives in Rahway with her family and I looked to rent there a while ago. I would recommend to stay away. Its a bit rundown, lower income, and very close to Elizabeth.

Find a better place to live.

Old 09-07-2007, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevityNYC View Post
My sister lives in Rahway with her family and I looked to rent there a while ago. I would recommend to stay away. Its a bit rundown, lower income, and very close to Elizabeth.

Find a better place to live.
copied from your other post about rahway
please learn some facts before commenting

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevityNYC
I looked at renting in Rahway. My sister lives there with her family. Its really not a great area. The downtown area is real nice, but thats about it. The outer areas are a bit run down and its awfully close to Elizabeth. It is inexpensive, could be a city on the rise in the next 5-10 years. So much money goes into the downtown area that it seems like not much goes to the outer areas.

If you are talking about the outer area's as in up by 1-9 then
yes it is a bit rundown and going thru some construction

But please stick to what you know
Rahway downtown is going thru a major redevelopement right now
(if you consider that nice than wait till it is finished ) It is not bad right now but there is a lot of construction going on
It will be very nice WHEN it is done

When you were looking in the area did you take a look in the Milton Lake area
The hospital area The Merck area or the Inman Hgts Area ?
I would suggest you take another trip and see what i am talking about.
Those area's are what make Rahway Beautiful right now
When downtown is finished it will also be very nice

Also Fyi
Rahway borders Linden,Clark,Colonia,and Avenal not Elizabeth

[+] Rate this post positively

Old 10-25-2007, 09:35 PM

9 posts, read 39,011 times
I also agree. I love rahway and cant wait to move there from new york. And the taxes are lower than many other areas in union county. As well as the home prices. I repair alarm systems in the area and everyone I talk to loves the mayor there. He is definitely doing great things for the city. There are lots of beautiful new businesses, townhomes and condos being built and many of the older homes are beautiful and unique from one another. And not that it matters to me (I married a black women) but the town is mostly white for the people that do care; and the people there are some of my best customers. The schools are below the average for NJ but compared to NYC they are great. Besides there are private schools available. Why pay much more in an area that has much less growth and room for home price appreciation like some other areas in union. My wife and I can afford to buy a nice home there and have plenty of money left over.

Old 10-26-2007, 07:31 PM

9 posts, read 39,011 times
I have lived in staten island my whole life and I recently found out about rahway. I cant wait to move there! I have been driving around the area almost daily and have done lots of research and talked to many locals. It is a beautiful, beautiful town. Lots of tree lined streets, parks, rivers, lakes, and houses of all kinds. and the down town area is what really did it for me. It is currently being built up alot. And I found out from a developer that many other projects are in the works that most people dont know about. Im a city boy at heart so I need a little city living in my life. the other towns in union just dont have that. I have been all over every one of them. Plus there is a brand new train station with direct routes to manhattan. There are some bad parts, but there are also some bad parts of staten island brooklyn and manhattan. big deal.

Old 11-05-2007, 10:29 AM

1 posts, read 3,119 times
Just chiming in to say that my husband and I moved to Rahway last spring with our young daughter and we couldn't be happier. Our neighbors are absolutely wonderful; great things are happening downtown; and we love being able to commute by train.

As for crime that many seem to mistakenly associate with Rahway, I just don't see it. The claims about high crime rates match up with neither my research or my experience. Rahway has lower crime rates than Woodbrigde and Linden, higher than Carteret and Clark; but nothing excessive for the overall region. (I researched it before moving here). I grew up in a wealthy suburb but I've also lived in NYC and New Haven. I know a rough city and Rahway isn't it. And as for schools, well I'm firm believer that aside from extreme cases, school performance is largely a reflection of parents' values and the child's home environment. My husband and I both have advanced degrees, place a high priority on learning, and are involved in our daughter's education. We fully expect our daughter to thrive wherever she attends school.

This is a wonderful area that keeps getting better. It's also one of the few remaining towns in the NYC metro region where you can buy a family home without mortgaging yourself to your eyeballs.

I highly recommend it here.

Old 11-05-2007, 05:25 PM

2 posts, read 7,662 times
I can't help but to think that so many of these posts I read sound like realtors trying to keep people interested in the areas where they do business, lol....

"Our neighbors are absolutely wonderful; great things are happening downtown; and we love being able to commute by train."

LOL...... Is it me, or does this sound phony....

Old 11-10-2007, 08:56 AM

For all you Rahway residents and visitors
and you too Jerseydad07008 since you are our neighbor in Carteret
Try to make it to the
The Taste of the Towns
2007 held friday Nov 16th from 6:30 to 9:30 pm
at the Rahway Rec center.
For ticket info go to
RcpNJ Home Page
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey