Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2010, 07:57 AM

2 posts, read 4,201 times

Advertisements

Hi, I am moving to Cranbury/princeton area from Europe. Can some one let me know which apartment complex are good to live? My budget is around $900 for rent.

1) Ravens Crest
2) Quail Ridge
3) Hunters Glen
4) Princeton Arms
5) Any other apartment complex suggestion?

On Internet, ratings for apartments is so mixed up that it is difficult to make a decision. what is average cost of electricity and water for single occupancy?

Also, Can some one guide on the below things..

1) Which local credit union or bank is good in central NJ?
2) Internet Subscriber
3) Phone subscriber
4) Cable subscriber

Thanks for all of your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2010, 01:58 PM

3,026 posts, read 9,048,256 times
All 4 of those complexes are older but decent and fairly safe.
Ravens Crest, Hunters Glen and Quail Ridge are in Plainsboro, NJ closer to Princeton.

Princeton Arms is in East Windsor, NJ closer to Cranbury.
If you are working in Cranbury you might check out the apartments in Twin Rivers which is in East Windsor. I believe they are in your price range too.

These areas have internet, cable and phone service provided by Comcast or Verizon FIOS.
Loads of banks in the area.
Can't comment on on the cost of utilities.
Good Luck!

Old 12-01-2010, 02:13 PM

1,463 posts, read 4,689,910 times
I would avoid living in Twin Rivers like the plague. A lot more issues are at Twin Rivers than the experience you'd get in the Plainsboro apartment complexes.

Old 12-01-2010, 02:15 PM

1,463 posts, read 4,689,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dec2010 View Post
Hi, I am moving to Cranbury/princeton area from Europe. Can some one let me know which apartment complex are good to live? My budget is around $900 for rent.

1) Ravens Crest
2) Quail Ridge
3) Hunters Glen
4) Princeton Arms
5) Any other apartment complex suggestion?

On Internet, ratings for apartments is so mixed up that it is difficult to make a decision. what is average cost of electricity and water for single occupancy?

Also, Can some one guide on the below things..

1) Which local credit union or bank is good in central NJ?
2) Internet Subscriber
3) Phone subscriber
4) Cable subscriber

Thanks for all of your help.
I would also look at East Garden Apartments in Dayton, which is part of South Brunswick, the next town over from Cranbury. It's usually associated with Royal Oaks, but East Garden is the better of the two complexes.

For banking: There is a Bank of America that is right near the Plainsboro apartment complexes, and East Garden.

Old 12-01-2010, 02:58 PM

3,026 posts, read 9,048,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweepTheLeg View Post
I would avoid living in Twin Rivers like the plague. A lot more issues are at Twin Rivers than the experience you'd get in the Plainsboro apartment complexes.
Is it that bad? We looked in there several years ago and it didn't seem too bad. We weren't impressed with the school district but the development looked ok.

Old 12-01-2010, 03:12 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,126,539 times
I guess I would add Deer Creek apartments in Plainsboro. I lived there for about 6 months a few years back. Nothing great, but nothing terrible. Good prices though compared to some of the other places.

You are probably better off using the same provider for phone/internet/cable as they tend to offer package deals. Most likely it would be Comcast or Verizon.

Old 12-02-2010, 01:56 PM

2 posts, read 4,201 times
Thanks Everyone. I will also look at Deer Creek.

Does anyone know the preference of one apartment complex over another or they all fall in same category.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Old 12-02-2010, 02:40 PM

249 posts, read 824,886 times
I'd say they are all in the same category - but Ravens Crest which also is partially a condo development with homeowners just went under a large renovation project a year ago and has all new siding, windows & doors - so the exterior looks really nice. The interiors though are just like all the other apartment complexes.

Old 12-03-2010, 08:14 AM

17,573 posts, read 46,126,539 times
There are nicer places, but you aren't go to get them on a $900 budget.

Old 12-04-2010, 03:29 PM

901 posts, read 2,247,801 times
Plainsboro is just a really nice place to live, lots of parks, great schools, shops, great library.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey