Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2010, 10:40 AM

13,380 posts, read 28,638,871 times

Advertisements

at a teen club....what were these idiots thinking> Thankfully the building owner canceled it

Randolph, NJ, teen night club cancels 'Pimps & Hoes' party | dailyrecord.com | Daily Record
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2010, 11:33 AM

7,216 posts, read 11,897,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
at a teen club....what were these idiots thinking> Thankfully the building owner canceled it

Randolph, NJ, teen night club cancels 'Pimps & Hoes' party | dailyrecord.com | Daily Record

Old 12-10-2010, 11:37 AM

6,902 posts, read 7,520,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post

WTF...How pissed am I with the parent's response?

Quote:
Chester resident John Inganamort, who's 15-year-old daughter helps promote events at Confetti, viewed the promotion more as a costume party.

"I think it's just a theme night," he said. "They do different promotions."

He noted companies market outlandish, sexually suggestive costumes to children for Halloween.

"There are pimp and hoe costumes, Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader outfits — things like this go on," he said. "This is just a theme night, that's all it is."
This man needs to be looked at very carefully. Because there is no alcohol and companies sell provocative outfits it makes it ok. It is the PARENTS responsibility to teach their child right from wrong. OMFG

Just a theme night, 13 year olds are eligible to go to this club. So you would want your 13 year old to label herself as a HO for the night. I wish my 20 year old try to get passed me with a costume labeling herself as a HO, my foot would be so far up her arse...

Old 12-10-2010, 12:26 PM

13,380 posts, read 28,638,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
WTF...How pissed am I with the parent's response?

This man needs to be looked at very carefully. Because there is no alcohol and companies sell provocative outfits it makes it ok. It is the PARENTS responsibility to teach their child right from wrong. OMFG

Just a theme night, 13 year olds are eligible to go to this club. So you would want your 13 year old to label herself as a HO for the night. I wish my 20 year old try to get passed me with a costume labeling herself as a HO, my foot would be so far up her arse...
My sentiments exactly....what would be next heroin night with the girls dressed up like Amy Winehouse???
I don't see any harm in a well supervised teen club but this is crazy and that parent is a loon

Old 12-10-2010, 03:13 PM

467 posts, read 1,519,347 times
Maybe I'm weird, but I don't think this is so terrible. They wouldn't have dressed up like real pimps or ho's - it would have been like something out of a 1970s movie - glass canes, feathers in hats, feather boas, lavender suits, all that stuff.

I've seen kids do it for Halloween. Perhaps not the best taste, but not overtly sexual either.

Old 12-10-2010, 03:22 PM

1,055 posts, read 4,450,692 times
Pimps and Hoes is a really popular theme for frat parties (i know i've been to my fair share!) but totally inappropriate for the 13-18 age group that goes to this club.

Old 12-10-2010, 03:43 PM

3,859 posts, read 9,949,762 times
As the husband of a public high school teacher I'm not shocked.

Old 12-10-2010, 04:58 PM

133 posts, read 501,681 times
I agree with Looktowindward. The Pimp and Hoe party is a very popular theme party in the last decade. Very popular in Las Vegas!!! The ones I have been to: Everyone is FULLY COVERED with 70's style velvet bell-bottoms and tops, big over sized hats, big glasses and platform boots and shoes and even Afro wigs!!! I guess this club in NJ made it out to be much much more sexual!!!

Old 12-10-2010, 09:22 PM

1,931 posts, read 3,406,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by looktowindward View Post
Maybe I'm weird, but I don't think this is so terrible. They wouldn't have dressed up like real pimps or ho's - it would have been like something out of a 1970s movie - glass canes, feathers in hats, feather boas, lavender suits, all that stuff.

I've seen kids do it for Halloween. Perhaps not the best taste, but not overtly sexual either.

Honestly if you have taken a look at these kids the pimp and ho's concept is already running rampant. Not sure about the guys but if you have ever seen what some of these teenage girls are wearing you might be convinced. Its downright scary and sad at the same time.

Old 12-11-2010, 04:08 AM

2,256 posts, read 6,940,578 times
All about parental upbringing...

Shows like Jersey Shore and 16 and pregnant on MTV only encourages this type of behavior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey