Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
2,500,000 members. Thank you!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2010, 11:54 AM

5 posts, read 13,306 times

Advertisements

We have decided to move out of the city and are looking mostly at Upper Saddle River, we are also considering Ridgewood, Montvale, Woodcliff Lakes etc.

Just wondering if there is a difference in Elementary Schools for Upper Saddle River or are they mostly the same?? Would you reccommend one over others??

Our buget is up to 1 mill, although we would like to spend less We want a home in an excellent school district (we have two young children) are looking for a 4 bedroom, 2.5 bath home.

We need some place that is a driving distance to they city - my husband will need to go into the city 3 times a week, but he has unusal hours so a train or bus line is not important - he will drive.

Is is difficult to meet people in these towns? Any advice would be appreciated - thanks so much for your time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2010, 04:59 PM

302 posts, read 2,222,565 times
There's only one elementary school in USR. If you want a choice, the other towns will have more than one. For instance, there's six elementary schools in Ridgewood.

Old 12-22-2010, 10:40 PM

3,984 posts, read 7,036,668 times
Check out Allendale and Wyckoff in that area too. USR has no downtown at all if that's important to you. The houses are pretty spread apart. Closer together in towns like Allendale & Ridgewood

Old 12-31-2010, 01:36 AM

37 posts, read 307,408 times
did u check the web sites for schools such as schooldigger dot com and great schools dot org? i have been checking ridgewood, glenrock area lately (since USR is too pricy for us) and saw that ridgewood and tenafly have the best elementary schools (each town has 4-5 elementary schools) and each of them follow the other like ridgewood e.s. A comes 2nd and tenafly e.s. A comes 3rd and then ridgewood e.s. B comes 5th etc.... i mean schools in ridgewood and tenafly are among the first 50 elementary schools in NJ but tenafly doesnot havea highway althoguh ridgewood is right off rt 17 (which is a slow highway though) Ridgewood houses are old and depressing for me. Glenrock has better choices and a bit cheaper but still has 2-3 of the best elementary schools in NJ.
my kids will start school next fall and i just began to search so I cannot say i am an expert but i have done a loooot of research. i hope this helps u!

oh by the way, franklin lakes ( i dont know what $1 can buy there but still worth tryin) has one of the best schools -high mountain elementary school. but still i think glen rock rocks1 it has one of the highest education % (60 something %) in NJ and over $130K income so I am guessing my kids will be in an educated upscale environment.
Good luck and happy new year to u all!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey