Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2010, 06:17 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,695,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
No it won't be coming to my neighborhood. Or the towns around me.

And to say the NJ has too little gov't is ludicrous.

It's too many criminals being the problem not too little gov't.

Newark, Irvington, Camden.......have no shortage of people who view crime as a viable means of making easy money and are repeat offenders to boot due to our revolving doors in the jail system.
Camden just laid off half its force, whole llot of Police Officers out of Work, with Newark that's a few hundred. I wonder if they feel the same
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2010, 07:16 PM

20,329 posts, read 19,921,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Camden just laid off half its force, whole llot of Police Officers out of Work, with Newark that's a few hundred. I wonder if they feel the same
If Newark and Camden want more police then by all means the residents of Newark and Camden should insist that their local gov't raise their taxes to pay for it.

Both cities get waaaaay too much from the state to cover the cost of running their bloated, corrupt gov'ts.

That gravy train has to end because they're running out of other people's money.

Old 12-25-2010, 12:20 AM

912 posts, read 2,446,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
LOL , come to the suburbs.....there so bored and nothing happens up here anyone who is young and driving gets swarmed with cops.
I'm young. I've been driving since 17. I live in the suburbs. I've never been swarmed with cops in my town, the neighboring towns, or any town in or out of New Jersey where I've lived.

Old 12-25-2010, 12:21 AM

912 posts, read 2,446,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
I am sure the people in Littleton CO felt the same way.
Well, that was one shooting like 10 years ago. I'm sure they were fine before that and fine since. I work in norms, not anomalies.

Old 12-25-2010, 12:30 AM

12,380 posts, read 26,851,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGambler View Post
I'm young. I've been driving since 17. I live in the suburbs. I've never been swarmed with cops in my town, the neighboring towns, or any town in or out of New Jersey where I've lived.

Well where i live i guess its different , each town has 20 cops and barely any crime....

Old 12-25-2010, 02:50 AM

39 posts, read 109,404 times
Default so it's been said ....

this cop lay off thing they are still pretty pissed and what some people are saying some of the shootings that's been taking place have actually been intiated by laid off cops (don't know how much truth is to that) but I don't and or won't put nothing pass any of these cops no matter what area/township they're from but you aint heard it from me...

Old 12-25-2010, 07:25 AM

5,818 posts, read 12,625,200 times
2 more shot in broad daylight yesterday. The trash is taking over it looks like.

Old 12-25-2010, 08:18 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,693,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nubyan725 View Post
this cop lay off thing they are still pretty pissed and what some people are saying some of the shootings that's been taking place have actually been intiated by laid off cops (don't know how much truth is to that) but I don't and or won't put nothing pass any of these cops no matter what area/township they're from but you aint heard it from me...
yeah, must be the laid off cops involved in these shootings. but you done aint heard nuttin from nubyan.

Old 12-26-2010, 04:02 AM

137 posts, read 386,180 times
I wish people would stop making excuses for Newark. And call it like it is and ALWAYS will be, until a Mayor like Giuliani comes in and takes over. a Black mayor will never cut it.

JE

Old 12-26-2010, 04:19 AM

12,380 posts, read 26,851,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini365i View Post
I wish people would stop making excuses for Newark. And call it like it is and ALWAYS will be, until a Mayor like Giuliani comes in and takes over. a Black mayor will never cut it.

JE
Would a Latino Mayor cut it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey