Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2010, 03:35 PM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,387,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
Try Espo's in Raritan for Italian. Very small place, but the food is great!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2011, 06:40 PM

292 posts, read 718,788 times
La Riviera Gastronomia (Route 46 East Clifton) Great italian food
Brooklyns Brick Oven Pizza (Hackensack Avenue Hackensack) Best pizza (brick oven and fresh)
TS Ma (Bellvue Ave Montclair) fresh Chinese food
Seafood Gourment (Maywood) Excellent fresh fish
Marios Pizza (Van Houten Avenue Clifton) Thin-crust pizza
Chillie Willies (Main Street Boonton) Mexican Food
Koshernosh Deli (Glen Rock) Great kosher deli
Holsteins (Bloomfield) Best ice cream, last scene of the Sopranos filmed there
Park West Diner (Route 46 West Little Falls) Best diner in the country

Old 01-02-2011, 05:49 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,761,760 times
Ooooh - Clinton Station Diner, Rt. 78, Clinton, NJ

Old 01-03-2011, 01:22 PM

28 posts, read 129,597 times
Spanish food: If your out I-78 past Clinton, The 'Spain II' restaurant on 173 is good (be hungry, because the portions are huge!) Take exit 11 and continue west on 173 over the mountain (Jugtown) past Tunnel Rd. and W.Portal Rd (Hunt.Co 643) on right.

[BTW: Saw your pics in the Mississippi section. Best catfish restaurant was just next to your picture in Taylor, MS. (Taylor Grocery!).]

Old 01-03-2011, 01:38 PM

4,073 posts, read 8,979,830 times
Iron Horse in Westwood
Portofino or Settebello in Morristown
Summit Thai (in Summit & E Hanover)
Black River Barn in Randolph

Old 01-03-2011, 01:52 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,693,520 times
i was in salsaritas the other day for a delicious mediocre ground beef quesadilla. make sure to stop by there.

can you believe it, i went to olive garden yesterday and today i get a coupon in my email for a free dessert or appetizer! one day earlier and i would have saved like 5 bucks! still, i recommend you give it a shot if you havent already made it there. good chicken parmesan and unlimited salad and breadsticks!

Last edited by CaptainNJ; 01-03-2011 at 02:31 PM..

Old 01-03-2011, 06:26 PM

20,330 posts, read 19,921,823 times
The Ridgewood in Hopatcong

Salt in Byram Twp (Sussex Cnty)

Old 01-04-2011, 05:47 AM

7,221 posts, read 11,934,667 times
All off the beaten path:

Sammy's Cider Mill - Mendham (Morris County)
Sammy's Steakhouse - Home

The Shipp Inn - Milford (Hunterdon County)
NJ's First Brewpub | The Ship Inn

Wallpack Inn - Wallpack (Sussex County)
The Walpack Inn - Rustic Country Restaurant

Mountainview Chalet - Asbury (Hunterdon County)
The Mountain View Chalet - Serving Hunterdon County for Over 20 Years

The Inn at Millrace Pond - Hope (Warren County)
New Jersey Bed and Breakfast, New Jersey Inn, Hope NJ

Mattar's Bistro - Allamuchy (Warren County)
Home (http://www.mattarsbistro.com/Mattars_Bistro_and_Lounge/Home.html - broken link)

Ellias - Columbia (Warren County)
ELLIAS RESTAURANT Creative American Cuisine Fine Dining in Columbia, New Jersey Western New Jersey

Sweet Jane's Cafe - Johnsonburg (Warren County)
Sweet Jane's Cafe and Bar

Old 01-04-2011, 08:44 AM

24 posts, read 70,477 times
Here are a few restaurants I can think of off the top of my head:

1. Greek Delights, 558 Bloomfield Ave, Montclair, New Jersey 07042

I'm Greek and I'm pretty picky about my Greek food, but this place is pretty good. It's literally a hole in the wall. If you google map it, you can see the street view. But the food is consistant and tasty. One of the better Greek restaurants I've been to in Jersey. Not to mention, the people that own it are really nice and hospitable.

2. Country Pancake House, 140 East Ridgewood Avenue, Ridgewood, NJ

Not under rated or over rated. I've been going there since I was a kid. With over 100 different kinds of pancakes the size of your head and fresh squeezed juices how can you go wrong? Of course they don't just have pancakes. Def put this on your list. Check out the website and look at their menu: Country Pancake House Ridgewood New Jersey | Country Pancake House Lakewood Ranch Florida | Florida pancakes | breakfast tampa bay | Florida huge portions | Florida Pancake House | New Jersey Pancake House | Pancake House Bradenton | Bradenton Pancak

3. LouCas, 9 Lincoln Highway, Edison, NJ

Another restaurant that is relatively known, but if you haven't lived in the area, you probably don't know about it. It is a bob type place but the food is superb. Just bring a bottle of wine and enjoy their franchese...it's phenominal. It's in a shopping center. Check out their website: Welcome To Loucas Restaurant

I agree with HalfFull, check out Iron Horse in Westwood. They are known for their burgers. The decor is horrible (in my opinion) and hasn't changed much since I was a kid, but the food is good. If I think of any more places I'll be sure to post them.

Old 01-04-2011, 09:02 AM

6,175 posts, read 12,937,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
i was in salsaritas the other day for a delicious mediocre ground beef quesadilla. make sure to stop by there.

can you believe it, i went to olive garden yesterday and today i get a coupon in my email for a free dessert or appetizer! one day earlier and i would have saved like 5 bucks! still, i recommend you give it a shot if you havent already made it there. good chicken parmesan and unlimited salad and breadsticks!
I'm not sure what delicious mediocre food is. By definition, it would be difficult to be both delicious & mediocre at the same time. Can you explain?

Olive garden?!? Really? I mean, we take the kids there because it's quick, relatively cheap, (especially if you have your coupon) and predictably acceptable, but I would never put them on the recommend list for good food.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey