U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 01-04-2011, 08:41 PM
 
Location: Somewhere In Middlesex County
5 posts, read 8,855 times
Reputation: 10

Advertisements

Hello everyone. My name is Chris nice to meet you all. I'm currently new to the Plainsboro area. I just moved to this area few weeks ago from Princeton.

I must say the area is very nice and quite just the way I like it. I used to live in the downtown section of Princeton and I hated it with a passion because it was way too noisy and loud with college student 24/7.

The only bad thing about Plainsboro is that there is not a lot of stores you can go to. If you need to get to a store you have to drive to Princeton Nassau Park or even Lawrenceville for that matter. They have a Superfesh and a CVS up the street which is pretty expensive.

The people in Plainsboro are very friendly which is a good thing. Who would want to live with a bunch of nasty neighbors? I know I wouldn't want to. I really don't anyone out here which sucks big time. All of my friends live all the way on the other end of NJ. If any of you on here live close by and trying to get to know a great guy then feel free to drop me a PM. If there is anything you want to know about me in the open forum feel free and ask.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-04-2011, 08:59 PM
 
Location: Ocean County, NJ
912 posts, read 2,240,657 times
Reputation: 461
My only issue with that area store-wise is that everything seems to be chains, even the restaurants. You have to travel to go to a locally-owned store or restaurant.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-04-2011, 09:50 PM
 
Location: Somewhere In Middlesex County
5 posts, read 8,855 times
Reputation: 10
The Gambler,

What are your favorite restaurants around the local area?
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-04-2011, 11:06 PM
 
2,893 posts, read 7,910,901 times
Reputation: 2997
Shopping and dining is pretty much non-existent in Plainsboro! Hell, they don't even have a gas station!

It's a Grind (Plainsboro Town Centre) is good for coffee on Sunday morning.
You might want to try some of the small, family owned restaurants in Lawrenceville, Acacia and Chambers Walk are quaint and use local growers.
Teddy's, on Main Street in Cranbury is great for brunch.
That CVS, in Plainsboro, has a bad rep. High prices and lousy service.

Wegman's, Trader Joes and Whole Foods in West Windsor are way better than Superfresh.

Plainsboro is a nice town, but it is the epitome of suburbia. Folks, mostly, move there for the great schools and endure long commutes.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-04-2011, 11:07 PM
 
Location: NJ
17,579 posts, read 42,184,947 times
Reputation: 16197
This is a good Italian restaurant.

Romeos
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2011, 08:06 PM
 
Location: Center of the universe
24,661 posts, read 35,597,600 times
Reputation: 11780
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyj View Post
Shopping and dining is pretty much non-existent in Plainsboro! Hell, they don't even have a gas station!

It's a Grind (Plainsboro Town Centre) is good for coffee on Sunday morning.
You might want to try some of the small, family owned restaurants in Lawrenceville, Acacia and Chambers Walk are quaint and use local growers.
Teddy's, on Main Street in Cranbury is great for brunch.
That CVS, in Plainsboro, has a bad rep. High prices and lousy service.

Wegman's, Trader Joes and Whole Foods in West Windsor are way better than Superfresh.

Plainsboro is a nice town, but it is the epitome of suburbia. Folks, mostly, move there for the great schools and endure long commutes.
The bolded above is so true.

Also, there are lots of Asian restuarants in Plainsboro; there is an Asian supermarket on Plainsboro Rd., and in the same complex there is a Thai restaurant, an Indian restaurant, a pizza place, a bagel place, a Subway and a few other specialty stores. Also two Chinese places and an Indian place near the Super Fresh.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-05-2011, 11:15 AM
 
1 posts, read 2,384 times
Reputation: 10
hi, i am flying down Monday and going to look at apts at hunter glen. do you know if those are nice apts. im moving there from michigan for my job. i will be working in newark, but i don't really wanna live in the city cause its real pricey there.. i looked on mapquest and i believe plainsboro is about 50 miles ro newark.. anyone have any suggestions..
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-05-2011, 12:08 PM
 
Location: Princeton, NJ
249 posts, read 765,047 times
Reputation: 106
Tre Bar in the Princeton Forrestal Village is great for a nice dinner. It has a Princeton address, but I think it's actual location is in Plainsboro.
Then there's the chain restaurants there as well - Salt Creek Grill & Ruth's Chris.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-05-2011, 12:14 PM
 
Location: Princeton, NJ
249 posts, read 765,047 times
Reputation: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttetreault View Post
hi, i am flying down Monday and going to look at apts at hunter glen. do you know if those are nice apts. im moving there from michigan for my job. i will be working in newark, but i don't really wanna live in the city cause its real pricey there.. i looked on mapquest and i believe plainsboro is about 50 miles ro newark.. anyone have any suggestions..
Hunters Glen is on the same level of quality as Deer Crossing & Fox Run & Ravens Crest.

I guess you're going to be taking the train from Princeton Junction to Newark. There's not a lot of parking at the train station & the wait list for a spot is YEARS long. There is a bus from Plainsboro to the train station, but it only stops at Ravens Crest.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-05-2011, 01:11 PM
 
1,527 posts, read 3,763,078 times
Reputation: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by kekee726 View Post
Hunters Glen is on the same level of quality as Deer Crossing & Fox Run & Ravens Crest.

I guess you're going to be taking the train from Princeton Junction to Newark. There's not a lot of parking at the train station & the wait list for a spot is YEARS long. There is a bus from Plainsboro to the train station, but it only stops at Ravens Crest.
Ravens Crest has washers and dryers. Fox Run has gas heat.

I think renting a condo from a private owner in Ravens Crest East (not the apartment side) or Aspen or Tamarron is the best bet as far as quality. You can look on Realtor dot com
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top