Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 03:32 PM

19 posts, read 65,798 times

Advertisements

Hi guys,

I am a Indian Guy moving to NJ recently...My office location will be middle of Edison & princeton [ Dayton,monmouth junction..in this area].
I am looking for an apartment within rent $1200/month.
I mustly need indian grocery stores,restaurants,AMC theaters and want easily commute to NYC...[close to train station]
wanted to know which area will be fine for me to live ...finding really nice apartments in princeton area [washer/dryer included ] and edison area [without washer/dryer ] as well......

Plz guide.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2011, 04:15 PM

19 posts, read 65,798 times
Plz advice.... moving on sunday...it's urgent....anyone ?????

Old 01-07-2011, 04:34 PM

9,124 posts, read 36,277,727 times
If you want all the Indian amenities, Edison/Iselin beats Princeton hands down.

Old 01-07-2011, 05:45 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,529,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
If you want all the Indian amenities, Edison/Iselin beats Princeton hands down.
Edison/Iselin is probably more Indian, closer to NYC, etc. Plainsboro (right next to Princeton) is also very Indian, not as Indian as Iselin, though, but probably has the nicer apartments for the money.

Old 01-07-2011, 07:06 PM

6,963 posts, read 20,467,403 times
yeah, but you can get away with either. its not like edison is far. 30 mins w/o traffic?

why not north of edison. that area sucks

Old 01-08-2011, 08:04 AM

4,705 posts, read 4,361,066 times
Edison would serve your needs better than Princeton and would be more affordable.
You should also consider Dayton/Monmouth Jct. (maybe not the train into the city but bus). More affordable and very Indian friendly.

Old 01-08-2011, 10:48 PM

2,210 posts, read 7,008,549 times
Right in the middle - South Brunswick (which actually is Dayton/Monmouth Junction) or Somerset. Lots of Indian groceries, South and North Indian restaurants, Regal cinema plays Indian movies. You'll never know you left, apart from the weather and architecture.
Princeton does not have a big Indian community. Just so you know though that the apartments you are finding labelled Princeton are probably actually in the areas above or in Plainsboro. Try to stay North of Princeton (up Route 1) for better prices and the amenities you want and a convenient commute.

Old 01-08-2011, 11:07 PM

901 posts, read 2,237,093 times
You will like Plainsboro. It's a great little town and the commute won't be a major hassle compared with going back and forth to Edison. Better schools, nice town center, great library, lots of parks, close to downtown Princeton. What more could you want.

Old 05-27-2013, 08:47 AM

1 posts, read 7,526 times
I am moving to Whitehouse station newjersey and I am moving with a kid. which is the best place to stay and can I manage without a car let me know. I also need a car in the range less than $5000. Can someone help this is urgent please

Old 05-27-2013, 09:10 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,133,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by durgamaddy View Post
I am moving to Whitehouse station newjersey and I am moving with a kid. which is the best place to stay and can I manage without a car let me know. I also need a car in the range less than $5000. Can someone help this is urgent please
Living in the NJ suburbs is difficult without a car, and once you get into the more rural areas, like Whitehouse Station, it becomes even more difficult, due to a paucity of public transit.

As to a car for less than $5k, you have to realize that cheaper used cars are likely to be older ones, with a lot of odometer mileage--hence, not that reliable. You can improve your odds however, by looking for certain makes that hold up well even with lax maintenance, such as a Ford Crown Victoria or a Buick LeSabre.

However, I suggest that you limit yourself to "private party" sales, and avoid used car lots.
Make sure that the car you are considering comes with full maintenance records, and that you take it to a mechanic of your own choosing for a pre-purchase inspection.

But, even if you have taken care to buy a decent used car, you have to be prepared for the inevitable repair and maintenance expenses. Set aside $1k-$2k for your car maintenance & repair fund.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey