Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2011, 11:37 AM

5 posts, read 13,407 times

Advertisements

We have just started our search and have foncused primarily in Upper Saddle River, Old Tappan, River Vale, Montvale and Woodcliff Lakes - however I just noticed a few listings for homes in Park Ridge - the homes that we like in the other towns are in the 1 million range, we found homes we love in Park Ridge for under $700,000 - so what gives?? I checked out the schools are they are solid - is Park Ridge considered not as nice???

Thanks for your help...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2011, 03:19 PM

1,271 posts, read 3,231,497 times
Park Ridge is just as nice as the surrounding towns (really, how could someone have gone up there and thought otherwise!). Perhaps the houses you looked at have some hidden issues or are on major roads or something.

Old 01-06-2011, 08:48 PM

12,546 posts, read 21,397,033 times
i love park ridge. i've been there a few times because that's where i buy all my bike stuff, and it's gorgeous. i see no issues. maybe the local government stinks or something?

Old 01-06-2011, 08:49 PM

40 posts, read 130,980 times
i think while park ridge schools are good- they have their own high school which isn't as reputable as the other towns you mentioned who have high schools that combine towns ie pascack valley, pascack hills, etc

Old 01-07-2011, 08:30 AM

88,516 posts, read 84,705,921 times
Nixon liked it there.

Old 01-08-2011, 10:12 AM

1 posts, read 4,317 times
Default Park Ridge Lower Priced Properties Just A Better Value

Actually, the Park Ridge High School was ranked 18th best in the state (out of 322) this past year according to the data from the NJ Dept. of Education and as reported NJ Monthly [url=http://njmonthly.com/articles/towns_and_schools/highschoolrankings/top-high-schools-2010.html]2010 Top High Schools in New Jersey-www.njmonthly.com[/url]. Yes, Pascack Hills performed even better ranked at 7th but Pascack Valley ranked behind Park Ridge at 23rd. Bottom line, all of the schools are great and rank in the top 10% of all high schools in New Jersey.

Perhaps one of the biggest differences between Park Ridge and the other towns you mentioned is the average size of the property lots. All four of the towns mentioned in the original post have average size lots that are larger. They also have more open space.

On the other hand, Park Ridge has a tight-knit community with average taxes for the area. One bonus is that water and electric bills are much lower than expected due to the fact that Park Ridge *owns* its own water and electric department and bills are less expensive than United Water and PS&G (gas is still purchased from PS&G).

Old 01-08-2011, 10:49 AM

367 posts, read 959,700 times
Park Ridge has a lot of older, smaller homes on smaller lots, thus the lower average prices. Lovely town. You can't go wrong buying there.

Old 01-10-2011, 07:57 AM

777 posts, read 2,379,526 times
Park Ridge is a nice town and the schools are quality and are comparable to those other towns. The other towns just have some higher end housing inventory and some larger lots. Park Ridge's taxes are less than those other towns also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey