Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2010, 12:49 PM

1 posts, read 2,285 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have suggestions for a good 3 year old program in the Long Hill Township area? My daughter has already completed a 2 year old program in NC and we're moving back north this month. We paid $90 a month for 2 days a week and I'm shocked at the cost in NJ! That must be some good education (insert southern hick voice!). We would like to stay under $200 a month but have a budget of $250 for preschool. Thanks. Also, suggestions for pediatricians, dentists, and playgroups would be great. I'm a stay at home mom if that helps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2010, 04:41 PM
bay

425 posts, read 2,925,208 times
are you looking for part time preschool?
My son is in full time, plus before and after care program in Berkeley Heights YMCA. We paid 1110 per month. I don't think you can find anything $200 per month for private preschool around the area. You might want to try public school from your area.

Old 01-10-2011, 06:49 PM

9 posts, read 49,794 times
Hi I am also a stay at home mom with young kids 6 and 2 moving to Long Hill/Gilette. We are moving from Massachusetts. We do not know much about the town. Is it a SAFE family friendly town. We are looking for a nice place for kids with good schools and a nice community feel to it.

Thanks

Old 01-10-2011, 08:49 PM

1,675 posts, read 2,786,909 times
Yes it is a nice area.

There is a nice preschool in New Providence, I think at the Presbyterian Church. It is not far at all from Long Hill...but it is a different town of course.

Old 01-10-2011, 08:51 PM

1,675 posts, read 2,786,909 times
For Pediatricians and Other doctors (most specialties), you might want to use Summit Medical Group. It is a very large group, though, so depends if you want that. But most drs there are well qualified with top training. There is also a big peidatric practice in New Providence (Dr. Moskowitz or something like that, but has like 6 drs)...Dentist, try Dental Associates in Basking ridge (on 202) if its not too far.

Old 01-11-2011, 11:45 AM
bay

425 posts, read 2,925,208 times
We are in Berkeley Heights which is the neighborhood town of Gilette. Gilette is a nice area with shopping and all other family activities. We send our son to Berkeley Heights YMCA for preschool, it's not far from Gilette. I think it also does after school for Long Hill public school.

Old 01-11-2011, 01:34 PM

9 posts, read 49,794 times
Thank you all for the info. It is very helpful. How are the schools in Gilette/Long Hill. Is it a safe area? we drove through once but could not tell much. We loved Westfield and Basking Ridge. We also loved Berkeley Heights and New Providence but we are renting and there are not too many 3 bedrooms for 2200 which was our budget. We have heard mixed things about Gilette/Millington/Stirling-Long Hill. All the other towns everyone said were GREAT but no-one said that about Long Hill. I already looked into the BH YMCA and I know we will be joining..I hope it will be a good way to meet people....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey