Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2011, 09:37 PM

120 posts, read 195,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankeerose00 View Post
There is an intelligent and unoffensive way to say that some place isn't for you. I gave you examples.
To bash an entire state and the people who live there is completely offensive.

Are you purposely being obtuse or do you really not get that?
Bashing an entire state? I was mainly focused on bergen county. I did say in my post that I have met some good people hear, that even my neighbors are good people. I think you read into the post, I didnt say every single person in NJ is bad. How could I say that? There are plenty of people like me that want out of NJ, including people from here. Whats the problem? You should read the whole post next time not just bits and pieces. I did say that South Jersey was nice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2011, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
I didn't start this thread, you did.

You're 22 years old and have all the answers so why are you asking more questions?
I started a thread yes, but not for guys like you to respond to it. But im open to opinions I dont mind. So if im so young and so ignorant, why just ignore the post and go on about your lovely day? Why the urge to respond? Do you respond to all ignorant people? Also you must be saying the other people on here that agree with me must be losers too then right? Well from what I know real winners dont respond to losers, why would they need to waste there precious time?

Old 01-17-2011, 06:44 AM

2,105 posts, read 6,662,922 times
This is right up there with the "I got seven tickets going to work" threads. Sign up and the first post is so outlandish that the OP is the focus for a week or two until everyone catches on. It's a waste of time even responding.

Quote:
I started a thread yes, but not for guys like you to respond to it.
So what, you just wanted to talk to yourself? Maybe California is the place for you.

Old 01-17-2011, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rscalzo View Post
This is right up there with the "I got seven tickets going to work" threads. Sign up and the first post is so outlandish that the OP is the focus for a week or two until everyone catches on. It's a waste of time even responding.

So what, you just wanted to talk to yourself? Maybe California is the place for you.
Perhaps, for people that have the same issues as me? Or, others wanting to move to NJ from other areas? People that wanted to offer advice about why I am having the experience I am having, as in suggest other areas of NJ to go to? Yea, cali is the place to for me, and many others on the forum.

Old 01-17-2011, 07:25 AM

For the people that posted previously about trying different areas ( morristown, parsippany, new brunswick etc ) I have been all over NNJ. Now im not sure if you meant in terms of dating, working, living, etc. But I actually lived in Parsippany, and in Wharton for a short time. Not much of a better place then Paramus/ Fair Lawn area. Its less people though. And I have been to morristown plenty, I worked there for awhile. Even meet a couple of women there. One of them was cool at first, then she started misleading me and what not, saying she wanted to hang out and do this and that. Then she tells me she not looking for anything right now, just a friend. So I just stopped talking to her. The other one had a BF, and was pretty much only interested in sex. She had her fair share of games too. So yea I know that all of them arent like that, but not exactly a better bunch in that area.

I do realize the mistake that I made, by coming to NJ and moving to a family area. That was mistake #1, but the worst mistake was trying to make it work. I knew I didnt really have anything in common with any of the people here. I couldnt even relate to the kids my age, they are sitting at home rent free and bill free, while im out working because I have to pay my family rent. And if I come up short, they will tell me to leave ( I really had to move out at one point but ended up coming back a year later ). I should have realized in advance, that no matter what I did here is wasnt going to work and I would never be happy here. Now if I took the $16 an hour job that I had here ( which I lost eventually thanks to the economy ) took my car and everything thing else I had here back to California, I would be living live right now. And no, im not talking about LA. I honestly dont know of a cheap place to live in NJ, even in the rougher areas. So even if I moved to another part of NJ again and tried again, the cost of living is still the same and the job situation is still the same. Time to move on.

Old 01-17-2011, 08:59 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,698,345 times
why did you leave cali to begin with? sounds like it must be heaven over there and everybody must be so happy and would never want to leave it, except you.

Old 01-17-2011, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
why did you leave cali to begin with? sounds like it must be heaven over there and everybody must be so happy and would never want to leave it, except you.
This is the bi polar attitude im talking about. Why you hating on me so much captin? It doesnt matter if everyone else over there is happy or not, I have to live life for me. Im not happy, I gotta go. Your happy here, you stay. Its that simple. I dont get why people have to hate just because I said I dont like it here. But cant give me anyway reasons to like it here. Plenty of stuff to do in CA, thats why people there tend to be happier. Whats there to do here Captin NJ that keep people entertained?

Old 01-17-2011, 09:13 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,698,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCoast8 View Post
This is the bi polar attitude im talking about. Why you hating on me so much captin? It doesnt matter if everyone else over there is happy or not, I have to live life for me. Im not happy, I gotta go. Your happy here, you stay. Its that simple. I dont get why people have to hate just because I said I dont like it here. But cant give me anyway reasons to like it here. Plenty of stuff to do in CA, thats why people there tend to be happier. Whats there to do here Captin NJ that keep people entertained?
i remember in high school all the idiot kids would complain about having nothing to do. im pretty sure that people do the same crap wherever they are. which isnt really anything soooo amazing but if you have friends and family its fun. what are you gonna do in cali that you dont have the opportunity to do here? even in Manhattan that people think is so wonderful and has so much to do, what are they doing? my brother lives there and thinks its so great. whats he doing? going to restaurants and walking around shopping areas just like i do.

i think im being consistent enough here, i think you are just confused by someone who criticizes you but still would prefer you ultimately end up happy with your situation. we all just want to maximize our quality of life and thats what we should all be trying to do. a big part of that is controlling your own mental state.

Old 01-17-2011, 09:20 AM

2,283 posts, read 3,936,788 times
Yawn...

Old 01-17-2011, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ2MDdude View Post
Yawn...
I feel you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey