Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 06:40 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,561,054 times

Advertisements

Been a few years since I've been up that way; there is Crystal Automall as well as Autoland in Springfield. I'll have to ask my hub if he's ever delivered to either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEconomist View Post
If that's the case then perhaps they will treat people better since they know it will come out of their paycheck if they don't.
I agree; which is why he should report it. He says in his 1st post that he had a very bad experience with them. He needs to call Toyota; see if there is someone that speaks his native language & explain what happened; then they can figure out what to do next.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2011, 02:21 PM

1 posts, read 2,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzsaz View Post
We've had nothing but good dealings with Hyundai Global Auto Mall in North Plainfield.

That being said, I took my elderly father who still drives to the Hyundai dealership in Freehold in August of 2009. (no, he wasn't trading in a lemon).

Well, after just recently purchasing three cars myself at Global in North Plainfield, I thought I knew what I was doing.

The jackass dealer we used pulled the wool over my eyes. My father ended up paying thousands more for his car than he should have. And I sat there while it happened. It was done so shister like that it took me until the end to realize what happened. My father thought I did a good job and he wanted to keep the car. His payments are $299 a month for seven years. 7 years! for a Hyundai Elantra.

So, stay away from Freehold Hyundai.

Suzanne
Shop The Gift Basket Store
www.shopthegiftbasketstore.com
Perhaps you could find another bank to prepay/refinance the loan. You really should be able to pay off the car and have similar monthly payments over 5 years.

Old 02-13-2011, 03:56 PM

1,281 posts, read 1,420,374 times
Quote:
Car dealership managers, salesmen and finance people are compensated based on the customer service reviews, so if you didn't have any issues the nice thing to do is just give them full points on every question so the salesman doesn't lose money. Don't be a jerk and give them 4 out of 5 for trivial purposes. That will cost them money.

That being said, if they treated you poorly, you may have been justified. What on earth did they do to you???
You know, if this is the case it would be smart for the dealership to tell their customers that. I learned this lesson the hard way. Once I answered a customer service review honestly--giving them 3s and 4s. The service wasn't exceptionally good, which it would have had to be to earn the highest ranking from me. It was OK overall, except for some unpleasantness from the finance department.

I must have gotten five or six followup calls from the dealership complaining and questioning and trying to dissect why I gave the ratings I did. But they never once explained that this really meant money in their pockets. I just got more and more annoyed about their refusal to just apologize for the poor service and move on, and finally they lost my business. (This was Toyota too, incidentally.)

If these customer service surveys are NOT primarily about getting actual information about their customer service, then say so up front so the customers know what they're dealing with. Don't subject your customers to uncomfortable situations that end up costing the dealership more than it would have if they'd just taken the feedback provided and tried to learn from it.

Old 02-13-2011, 04:20 PM

23,866 posts, read 33,561,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanderling View Post
You know, if this is the case it would be smart for the dealership to tell their customers that. I learned this lesson the hard way. Once I answered a customer service review honestly--giving them 3s and 4s. The service wasn't exceptionally good, which it would have had to be to earn the highest ranking from me. It was OK overall, except for some unpleasantness from the finance department.

I must have gotten five or six followup calls from the dealership complaining and questioning and trying to dissect why I gave the ratings I did. But they never once explained that this really meant money in their pockets. I just got more and more annoyed about their refusal to just apologize for the poor service and move on, and finally they lost my business. (This was Toyota too, incidentally.)

If these customer service surveys are NOT primarily about getting actual information about their customer service, then say so up front so the customers know what they're dealing with. Don't subject your customers to uncomfortable situations that end up costing the dealership more than it would have if they'd just taken the feedback provided and tried to learn from it.
I agree & it sucks double to get nasty calls about it from said dealer. Surprised they're still in business.

Old 05-30-2013, 02:32 PM

1 posts, read 1,704 times
I purchased a so-called new car 6 days ago with 400 miles on it and the salesman told me that they used it as a demo model and that one of the sales staff probably drove it to and from home. I purchased the vehicle, but was later told by someone that the break-in for a vehicle is 500 miles and that I should demand a refund or that they find me a vehicle with less than 25 miles on it. Can I take this vehicle back and demand a newer vehicle? Thanks.

Old 05-30-2013, 03:07 PM

1,041 posts, read 3,012,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treetrunk12 View Post
I purchased a so-called new car 6 days ago with 400 miles on it and the salesman told me that they used it as a demo model and that one of the sales staff probably drove it to and from home. I purchased the vehicle, but was later told by someone that the break-in for a vehicle is 500 miles and that I should demand a refund or that they find me a vehicle with less than 25 miles on it. Can I take this vehicle back and demand a newer vehicle? Thanks.
A new car is a car that has NEVER been titled. Since it was a demo, and had dealer plates, it was not titled, and thus NEW.

That being said, you knew about the 400 miles when you purchased right? You signed an odometer statement right? You were happy the day you purchased the car right? What has changed? Even a car with 2 miles on it, whats to say some dock worker taking it off the boat didnt redline the $h!t out of it while in neutral for 5 minutes? It would still have less than two miles, but you would never know.

Tell your friend to mind his business, dont get worked up, over nothing. Besides, after 6 days, the financing went through and the car is YOURS.

Enjoy

Old 05-30-2013, 05:40 PM

2,105 posts, read 6,662,922 times
Quote:
the salesman told me that they used it as a demo model and that one of the sales
staff probably drove it to and from home.
So they informed of everything right up front yet you think you deserve a refund? Sure, they will buy it back from you less a 20 percent depreciation as NOW it's a used car.

Old 05-31-2013, 01:39 PM
C8N

1,119 posts, read 3,227,485 times
Wow... I realize that the situation is over with but if this happened to me, I would have simply said to them here is the keys now give me my money back. Had a free car for a month.... great deal if you ask me. If the sales manager was dumb enough to take it back, I would assume he would have been fired as soon as the owner found out... unless there was a stash of gold bars hidden somewhere in the car.

Old 05-31-2013, 01:50 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,698,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treetrunk12 View Post
some people are completely off the wall. what are you going to say is your issue when you demand a refund?

Old 05-31-2013, 01:52 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,698,345 times
Quote:
Car dealership managers, salesmen and finance people are compensated based on the customer service reviews, so if you didn't have any issues the nice thing to do is just give them full points on every question so the salesman doesn't lose money. Don't be a jerk and give them 4 out of 5 for trivial purposes. That will cost them money.

That being said, if they treated you poorly, you may have been justified. What on earth did they do to you???
is 4 out of 5 a bad review? i recently purchased a car and i got some survey in my email. i actually didnt submit it because they asked too many questions and i got tired of it but i did give some points off where there were minor issues. overall i was happy with the experience and wouldnt punish anyone there, but id imagine a perfect score means no issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey