Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2012, 12:43 PM

3,859 posts, read 9,974,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobRiguez View Post
As everyone else has said and to further the point about moving, you will need to surrender your current FPID and get a new one if you move to another town. If you move within the same town you are fine.
Not true-your full street address on your FPID card must match your driver's license exactly. No firearms dealer in NJ will sell to you if the two do not match.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobRiguez View Post
I had to make an appointment to see the sheriff and bring along my receipt and he had everything drawn up again. But this time they submitted it as a NEW application. Had to pay to get fingerprinted AGAIN. a month goes by, 3 months go by and they only tell me they don't have anything back yet. I go see the sheriff again and he finds my file and says my references never responded. I handed him photocopies of the forms they sent back, not good enough, they have to come signed from the person themselves with an original signature. I have my buds resend again certfied mail. Another month. I finally get a lawyer involved and low an behold my card is ready a week later...funny how it just showed up at the precinct coincidentally around the same time. Hmmmm
County Sheriffs in NJ have nothing to do with issuing FPID cards, local police departments issue them. If you live in a town with no local police department you must go through the nearest New Jersey State Police barracks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2012, 01:01 PM

587 posts, read 2,177,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobfromFords View Post
When applying for the necessary permits needed to purchase and own a firearm in New Jersey is there any kind of test I'm required to take like when you apply for a drivers license to show your knowledge of the weapon and your competency to use it?

No test is given.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey