Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
2,500,000 members. Thank you!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-20-2011, 05:50 PM
 
11 posts, read 21,451 times
Reputation: 13

Advertisements

Hey guys, my wife and I are relocating from Hoboken. My wife's territory is the Marlton, Moorestown area and I work out of Newark Airport, so we are trying to find a centralish location for not only work, but our familes (Vineland & Freehold). Anyway We would love to buy in Haddonfield, but 400k does'nt get you anything remotely nice for that amount of money. I came across some very nice new construction in Chesterfield, however the high level of Radon worries me (If I can get a ventilation system for 2k to help, thats fine), but looking at the census/demographic info, it kind of resembles Camden City??????

I was also wondering what the restaurant/shopping situation is like and how far away civilization is (coming from Hoboken, any drive to get food seems like a hike)

Anyway, thanks for your help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-20-2011, 06:31 PM
 
1,787 posts, read 5,724,801 times
Reputation: 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by preludejo View Post
Hey guys, my wife and I are relocating from Hoboken. My wife's territory is the Marlton, Moorestown area and I work out of Newark Airport, so we are trying to find a centralish location for not only work, but our familes (Vineland & Freehold). Anyway We would love to buy in Haddonfield, but 400k does'nt get you anything remotely nice for that amount of money. I came across some very nice new construction in Chesterfield, however the high level of Radon worries me (If I can get a ventilation system for 2k to help, thats fine), but looking at the census/demographic info, it kind of resembles Camden City??????

I was also wondering what the restaurant/shopping situation is like and how far away civilization is (coming from Hoboken, any drive to get food seems like a hike)

Anyway, thanks for your help
Camden City? Chesterfield is like living in the country. What part of Camden city resembles Chesterfield? You will need a vehicle to get around.

Hamilton Square is between Newark and Moorestown. A lot of restaurants/shopping, doctors, hospitals, etc.
Hamilton Township, New Jersey - Homepage
Township Of Hamilton, New Jersey - Master Plan
Hamilton Marketplace - Google Maps
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-20-2011, 06:35 PM
 
11 posts, read 21,451 times
Reputation: 13
Thanks!, the only part I was referring to was the Demographic make up. When the demographic make-up looked very similiar I just wanted to check, I just figured I would ask is all
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-20-2011, 06:45 PM
 
1,787 posts, read 5,724,801 times
Reputation: 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by preludejo View Post
Thanks!, the only part I was referring to was the Demographic make up. When the demographic make-up looked very similiar I just wanted to check, I just figured I would ask is all
Chesterfield and Camden City are like night and day. Can you post the link to Chesterfield's demographics? Thanks. These two places really aren't even slightly similar. Take a ride to Chesterfield and see for yourself. . .it's mostly farm land; don't take a ride to Camden City.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-20-2011, 06:57 PM
 
11 posts, read 21,451 times
Reputation: 13
So, do you think its a nice area to raise a family?

here is the link (census was in 2000, but I found a recent one and much is the same)

Chesterfield Township, New Jersey - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-20-2011, 07:16 PM
 
Location: NJ
17,574 posts, read 45,957,400 times
Reputation: 16266
I looked at new construction in Chesterfield a few years ago. Nice houses. I also know a few people who live there. Seems like a pretty nice place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-20-2011, 07:26 PM
 
1,787 posts, read 5,724,801 times
Reputation: 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by preludejo View Post
So, do you think its a nice area to raise a family?

here is the link (census was in 2000, but I found a recent one and much is the same)

Chesterfield Township, New Jersey - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I couldn't open the link you posted, but I found it.

Camden, New Jersey - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Chesterfield Township, New Jersey - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In 2000 Camden City had a total population of 79,904.
In 2000 Chesterfield had a total population of 5,955.

Based on statistics reported to the Federal Bureau of Investigation, Camden was the third-most dangerous city in the U.S. during 2002, and has been ranked the nation's most dangerous city in 2004, 2005 and 2009.[62] "Most dangerous city" is based on crime statistics in six categories: murder, rape, robbery, aggravated assault, burglary, and auto theft.

Chesterfield Township real estate prices were rated second highest in Burlington County by Philadelphia Magazine in February 2010. Average real estate prices were listed at $411,000.

These two areas are not similar in any way.

I don't know how the schools are in Chesterfield or where the High School kids might be bussed to. Hopefully, someone on the list can give you that information. You will love Chesterfield, if you like wide open fields and horses. If you can, take a ride. Visit on a Thursday and while you're in the area, stop by the Columbus Flea Market.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-20-2011, 08:00 PM
 
11 posts, read 21,451 times
Reputation: 13
great thank you, I love rural NJ, the wife on the other hand, I may have to do some convincing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-20-2011, 08:17 PM
 
Location: Center of the universe
24,645 posts, read 38,506,356 times
Reputation: 11780
Quote:
Originally Posted by timneh5 View Post
I couldn't open the link you posted, but I found it.

Camden, New Jersey - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Chesterfield Township, New Jersey - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In 2000 Camden City had a total population of 79,904.
In 2000 Chesterfield had a total population of 5,955.

Based on statistics reported to the Federal Bureau of Investigation, Camden was the third-most dangerous city in the U.S. during 2002, and has been ranked the nation's most dangerous city in 2004, 2005 and 2009.[62] "Most dangerous city" is based on crime statistics in six categories: murder, rape, robbery, aggravated assault, burglary, and auto theft.

Chesterfield Township real estate prices were rated second highest in Burlington County by Philadelphia Magazine in February 2010. Average real estate prices were listed at $411,000.

These two areas are not similar in any way.

I don't know how the schools are in Chesterfield or where the High School kids might be bussed to. Hopefully, someone on the list can give you that information. You will love Chesterfield, if you like wide open fields and horses. If you can, take a ride. Visit on a Thursday and while you're in the area, stop by the Columbus Flea Market.

Yes, Chesterfield is quite rural. The school district goes up to 6th grade, and 7th through 12th attend Northern Burlington Regional, which is a pretty good district.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-20-2011, 08:23 PM
 
Location: Philly Metro
379 posts, read 508,841 times
Reputation: 412
According to Wiki: The census statistics include residents of a youth detention center located at the northwest edge of Chesterfield Township, on the border with Hamilton Township.

That is what is skewing the demographics, also I believe it shares a zip code with Trenton. Other than that, Chesterfield is about as white bread as you can get.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:51 AM.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top