Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 12:13 PM

143 posts, read 302,396 times

Advertisements

He sounds like such a sweet cat. It would be tragic to euthanize him since the declawing procedure may have caused it in the first place.

There must be a reason why he started doing this when he was 7 years old! Usually male cats will do this from an earlier age.

Why do you need carpets in the first place? They are loaded with allergens and dirt. Better to have nice wood or fake wood floors. Much nicer and healthier. Not to mention more attractive and improve the value of your home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2011, 12:23 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,687,864 times
take him to your local chinese restaurant. the place near me took my cat in exchange for a pint of pork fried rice.

Old 01-24-2011, 12:32 PM

67 posts, read 343,878 times
Just give it to Kermit Gosnell

Old 01-24-2011, 12:45 PM

4,073 posts, read 8,979,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjef View Post
The point about declawing being made here is to educate people about it, in order to try to prevent future occurences of this practice.
Nice to be so sure that yours is the only and right answer, huh? What about the thousands (millions?) of cats that would not have a home if they couldn't be declawed. I've seen tons of cats that have had great happy lives after the procedure.

Old 01-24-2011, 12:52 PM

161 posts, read 767,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Rahrah View Post
He sounds like such a sweet cat. It would be tragic to euthanize him since the declawing procedure may have caused it in the first place.

There must be a reason why he started doing this when he was 7 years old! Usually male cats will do this from an earlier age.

Why do you need carpets in the first place? They are loaded with allergens and dirt. Better to have nice wood or fake wood floors. Much nicer and healthier. Not to mention more attractive and improve the value of your home.
I'd love to get wood flooring, but I simply can't afford it, plus my wife does not want it. I'm also not sure if it would fix his problems. I've tried blocking the stairs and leaving him on the 1st floor with all hardwood and he ended up going in the corner on the wood flooring. Like I said, most of the time he user the litter box, but not always and that is what is most frustrating.

Old 01-24-2011, 01:25 PM

12,546 posts, read 21,400,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
I had a response, but you asked for sensitivity, so I had to abandon my idea..
yeah...i can't think of anything nice to say...

Old 01-24-2011, 03:02 PM

1,398 posts, read 7,704,702 times
Good Grief......it's not like there's a shortage of cats in this world

Old 01-24-2011, 04:14 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,909,776 times
Just to do the humane thing and put it down...

Think about your reasons for NOT doing it and then realize that they are in vain..

You don't want people to think horrible of you? The cat has kidney failure and I know HUMANS who would rather die than to live on dialysis. And this cats days are numbered because dialysis isn't an option.

And from my own experiences...I look at people in a more negative light that DON'T put suffering animals under. I resented my grandfather for keeping his dog alive with advanced hip dysplasia/arthritis and was almost fully blind but refused to put the dog under.

Old 01-24-2011, 04:16 PM

161 posts, read 767,601 times
He's not sick. There's nothing wrong with his kidneys. I've taken him to Vet after Vet. He doesn't have a UTI, he doesnt have bad kidneys, he doesn't have stones or crystals in his urine.

Old 01-24-2011, 04:36 PM

1,014 posts, read 786,397 times
Take the cat to the Aspca and get him euthanize they ask no questions its a 60 dollar feed.

I had a 11 year old dog and he was the perfect dog and last year he started peeing in the house non stop. Pee'd on the couch hall way carpet clothes basket and on the side of my bed i had to scrub it clean took me 30 mins to clean it. And when you try to discipline him he would start growling and show aggression. make a long story short We took him to the SPCA and they put him down they argued at first and they did it.

Just call up your local ASPCA and ask for information about it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: