Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 07:57 PM

15 posts, read 67,926 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyG View Post
Really? You make over $1.5 million per year on your own, and only put 20% down? Just curious to your reasoning behind that given how frugal you say you are? 5K per month is 60K per year...you could pay your property taxes out of that and still have 40K to stick in a little money market or make some conservative investment and make 4-5% off of it.

Given your background (garden apartment dweller) I would think you would have more sympathy toward the struggling middle class. Are you as hard on your parents and in-laws as you are on people here?

You say this with a straight face? If you really make what you say you do understand this: you only pay $5-$12K more a year in property taxes than people who make 1/14 or LESS than what you say do. How do you justify telling those people to shut up, pay up and get over it? Your mortgage and property taxes alone are some people's salaries.

I don't get how you don't get that?

But what I want to REALLY know is how does a sprawling 6000 square foot home with a circular driveway (which means you have to have some semblance of a front yard), pool and cabana fit on .25 acres?

Lets take it back a step.

Thank you for the investment advice. 4-5% is what we get on our savings account. 40k is not an issue. I put 20% down becasue I like to have real cash in accounts.

My parents are dead. they did the best they could do, they taught me many things that allow me to be where my family is today? Not sure where you thought I was going hard other than to say I did not want to do that. As far as me going hard and having no sympathy for the poor folk, we support some of our friends who do not do so well. I am very happy to help where I can.

As far as what I pay in taxes you should most likely talk to those who make up the tax law (last time I heard NJ tax code is 2000 pages long, I dont have time or interest to read it)
how does NJ justify telling people to shut up, pay up or move?
Why dont you get it?
Dont hate the player, hate the game. I am not in government, I like getting paid though my efforts, not milking the public. Your axe to grind is with trenton, not an individual who makes money and comes on here to comment on what he sees.
If you want to see how this is all situated drive down summit ave in Hackensack, you will see what properties look like here.

Remember, dont hate the player, hate the game.

Have a nice night
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2007, 06:42 AM

1,507 posts, read 5,907,214 times
Default Good post

Good post VNMEGA. Well written. You get Reps.

Old 08-06-2007, 08:30 AM

543 posts, read 1,455,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66nexus View Post
Ask the millions that live here

Haha! I agree, it cracks me up how these people are so incredulous that others could make it and are happy here.

Old 08-06-2007, 08:43 AM

2,881 posts, read 6,088,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njchick View Post
Haha! I agree, it cracks me up how these people are so incredulous that others could make it and are happy here.
It just seems that because some people want to leave they think EVERYBODY wants to leave.
-But leaving isn't enough, some people (I won't say names but it rhymes with Diane Giam) have been away for awhile but still are up and down the NJ forums
-I won't try to convince them to stay like I said, we need the space...

Old 08-06-2007, 08:48 AM

114 posts, read 208,903 times
Quote:
It just seems that because some people want to leave they think EVERYBODY wants to leave.
-But leaving isn't enough, some people (I won't say names but it rhymes with Diane Guam) have been away for awhile but still are up and down the NJ forums
-I won't try to convince them to stay like I said, we need the space...
I must Agree with you there are people on this particular forum who are not adding anything what so ever there just trying to brag about things we don't know about more or less care for. Why come on a Jersey Forum to Bash and brag come on really stay on the topic at hand. If you don't have anything informative to say go away seriously just go.

Old 08-06-2007, 08:57 AM

2,881 posts, read 6,088,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyM'Fers View Post
I must Agree with you there are people on this particular forum who are not adding anything what so ever there just trying to brag about things we don't know about more or less care for. Why come on a Jersey Forum to Bash and brag come on really stay on the topic at hand.
I concur. Additionally, I got ragged on by another member for directly pointing out someone, which perhaps I should not have done. HOWEVER, everything I said that followed still stands. Coming to a NJ thread to brag about how much better TN is than NJ? Okay fine, but don't expect me to sit back and not say anything

Old 08-06-2007, 09:10 AM

1,507 posts, read 5,907,214 times
Default The list

Quote:
I concur. Additionally, I got ragged on by another member for directly pointing out someone, which perhaps I should not have done. HOWEVER, everything I said that followed still stands. Coming to a NJ thread to brag about how much better TN is than NJ? Okay fine, but don't expect me to sit back and not say anything
Sure they do ! Plus it makes them feel better about their decision to leave NJ if they put down the place they left. Low confidence levels. Oh the list goes on & on...There's so many former NJ residents that left for ATLANTA, Maryland, NC, SC, etc...they all feel the need to come back & make negative comments about NJ. Go ahead. Who cares? I say..Buhhhh bye

They'll be back

Old 08-06-2007, 10:32 AM

10 posts, read 42,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stmaarten View Post
Why are property taxes so high in New Jersey? BECAUSE THE CROOKED POLITICIANS IN NEW JERSEY ARE FLEECING THE GOOD PEOPLE OF THAT GREAT STATE!!!
We left the state of New Jersey, not because we hated living there, but we were SICK AND TIRED of being cheated by that state's politicians!
Jersey $uck$ not because of it's location, but because the politicians there are thieves!
Why is it that other states are able to manage on much less property tax income? It's a damn tradgedy!
So why doesnt every NJ homeowner complain to your local officials and protest this absurdity?

Old 08-06-2007, 10:32 AM

18,465 posts, read 15,244,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VINMEGA View Post

Plain vanilla 30 year fixed for us at 5k per month.
Down payment of 180k equaled 3 deals for me to close. I close 28 per year.
Hmm. Before you edited your post, you said your combined income with your wife was only $500,000. You just got a HUGE raise in 1 day. LMAO

Old 08-06-2007, 10:55 AM

687 posts, read 3,251,472 times
Quote:
But what I want to REALLY know is how does a sprawling 6000 square foot home with a circular driveway (which means you have to have some semblance of a front yard), pool and cabana fit on .25 acres?
Yes, please answer this question. I am dying to know the answer as well.

Maybe it is a very tall house?

Last edited by juliann1977; 08-06-2007 at 10:56 AM.. Reason: Clarify
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey