Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 10:25 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,037,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjjfighter73 View Post
Geez, you guys must have been scammed a lot in your life. I'm not claiming to be the best player, just looking to get into a bigger game without risking 100% of my money. I can get $12K but not gonna take it from my personal savings. There are a lot of millionaires out there that back money all the time. You guys need to really let it go! Let me know how much you need and I'll have them spot you too.
That is the main problem. You don't really have confidence in your own game. You need to improve before you can play bigger, which is why you should be playing $1/$2 until you are good enough to move up. If you can't beat $1/$2 for the bankroll to play $2/$5, you should never move up. There are no shortcuts. If you are a martial artist, you should know that.

Old 02-04-2011, 10:27 PM

6,175 posts, read 12,936,822 times
Quote:
I have a fixed income as a Brazilian jiu jitsu instructor, where I teach private lessons @ $150/hr and co-owner of 2 gyms. So my bills are covered. I have time during the day where I have been successful makingban additional $1500/week playing poker and simply looking for someone interested in making some residual income. Why do I even have to justify myself? Just let it go, if you're interested and me a private message if not, then move on with your life.
You've come a long way since you were posting questions on this board about how to make sure you were going to qualify for the next tier of unemplyment benefits. Congratulations.

Old 02-04-2011, 10:46 PM

46 posts, read 78,107 times
No point explaining at this point, anyone can play 1/2. The level of play on a higher game is much different. I'll just keep grinding on 1/2. I did get some investors so come to Sands and watch me rake it in. And you better believe I'm gonna suck every dollar that I deserve from the government. In the end I'm in a way better place financially & mentally, and will not lose any sleep over this thread as I know it has fired up a lot of you. Ha ha ha!!!

Old 02-04-2011, 10:55 PM

Quote:
No point explaining at this point, anyone can play 1/2. The level of play on a higher game is much different. I'll just keep grinding on 1/2. I did get some investors so come to Sands and watch me rake it in. And you better believe I'm gonna suck every dollar that I deserve from the government. In the end I'm in a way better place financially & mentally, and will not lose any sleep over this thread as I know it has fired up a lot of you. Ha ha ha!!!
Deserve? What do you DESERVE from the government? Were you collecting unemployment while you were actually making enough money as an instructor and business owner to maintain luxury cars for you your wife & your kids? That sounds more like fraud than deserving.

Old 02-04-2011, 11:36 PM

No, my former employer was kind enough to lay me off, and the gyms are under my wife's name. And I teach for free but they tip me $150.

Old 02-05-2011, 08:02 AM

4,156 posts, read 4,173,458 times
I assume you talking about no limit, then playing 1/2 or 100/200 are the same. The only different is the dealer get a lot more when you play 100/200 as opposite to 1/2.

Old 02-05-2011, 08:11 AM

Quote:
No, my former employer was kind enough to lay me off, and the gyms are under my wife's name. And I teach for free but they tip me $150.
So basically you are cheating the system to claim unemployment benefits. Yeah, just the guy people want to "invest" their money with.

Old 02-05-2011, 09:28 AM

4,073 posts, read 8,979,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post
So basically you are cheating the system to claim unemployment benefits. Yeah, just the guy people want to "invest" their money with.
Hmmm, and he has given his actual identity in this thread and explained the means of his fraud which cheats taxpayers. Any IRS agents or Nj State fraud enforcers out there...?

Old 02-05-2011, 04:38 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,687,864 times
Quote:
Deal, but you can tap and I can pretend you didn't and then you go to sleep via choke!!! Then we'll put it up on YouTube and get millions of hits, then start our own webcast, and then get advertisers to pay us so I won't have to find investors to play in a bigger poker game because we'll be filthy rich and we'll look back and laugh at this entire thread!!!!
how much do you weigh? im at about 175 right now but im pretty cut. i can add 10 pounds if you give me a week or so and i should be very strong at 185. if you cut down to 145 i would feel more comfortable.

Old 02-05-2011, 05:01 PM

I fight at 135lbs and cut to 125. I'll get one of my pro brazilian fighters any weight you want. An of course I've given my actual identity!!! That's what you do when you're not trying to scam someone. I've never hidden my name, where my gyms are, or what my intentions are. I no longer collect unemployment since I file a 1099. At least in poker you are expected to bet or gamble, unlike sports betting. People take a pure sport, where athletes already make millions and then they try to bet on which team will win. I'm not robbing anyone, how about the people that cheat the IRS, embezzle or run their Ponzi scams. It's a free country and no one is twisting your arm to invest or back me. My life will still be good and you will still be miserable. Feel free to come by my gym or Sands if you want to take it further. You guys must really hate your lives or have tons of regrets for not accomplishing anything if life if you have nothing better to do than keep this forum going. Nuff said...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey