U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2006, 06:46 AM

31 posts, read 132,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowaytoknowyet View Post
Gov. "Terpentine" doesn't just raise taxes, he creates new ones.

I'll be out of NJ REAL soon - I can't wait!

NJ on the whole (albeit there's already areas that this already applies) is becoming for the elite, wealthy, and for the politically involved.

NJ and Political Corruption = MUD for it's Citizens!
Perfectly said "nowaytoknowyet"!

I bet Corzine, oooops I mean as like you've said "Terpentine" (so appropriate I may add) is probably thinking of another new additional tax like an annual automobile property tax.
Rate this post positively

Old 08-24-2006, 08:10 AM

1 posts, read 1,820 times
Personally I think CorSWINE should be held acountable!

Old 08-24-2006, 08:54 AM

86 posts, read 265,898 times
Yes Corslime should be held accountable and it is up you the NJ residents to hold him accountable.

Old 08-24-2006, 10:16 AM

Aug 17, 2006
From the Crow's Nest: Taxed to the max
By Ed Chrostowski

"Property owners’ groups in New Jersey charged that people are being “driven out of their homes and leaving the state” because they can’t cope with annual property tax increases of six or seven percent"

"The annual tax burden in New Jersey now averages about $5,800 on each property, the highest in the nation"

http://www.acorn-online.com/news/publish/article_8653.shtml

This is just property taxes. It does not include the rest of outrageous taxes and fines.

Old 08-24-2006, 10:33 AM

31 posts, read 132,515 times
Makes MA, PA, CT, or even (NY in certain geographic locations) look cheaper to live in.

Old 08-24-2006, 10:47 AM

Housing sales dive 16.3% in Jersey
Wednesday, August 16, 2006
BY SAM ALI
Star-Ledger Staff

http://www.nj.com/news/ledger/index....590.xml&coll=1

It's going to be a downward spiral as winter approaches, kids go back to school, the list of newly taxed items and higher 7% rate hits.

Someone has to pay for the corruption and criminal activity in the State. Sorry to say it has to be the people who allow these activities without demanding accountability and change.

Old 08-24-2006, 11:59 AM

1,794 posts, read 2,993,553 times
Default Cape May???

Whoa....I'm stunned to hear this about Cape May, a town I visit twice yearly and will be going down again in three weeks. I remember when they "restored" Congress Hall - took quite a while. I've often wandered through the shops there and have had a drink at the bar, but I believe folks are staying overnight there now (for a ridiculolusly premium price), and that sounds pretty dangerous. Is it both extrerior and interior paint that contains lead?

Old 08-24-2006, 12:52 PM

You should be stunned as I found out about the Congress Hall exposure while doing the same to the residence of Cape May's deputy mayor! The Same person appointed to a State office who's duties include the protection of the enviroment. He is surely aware of the Cape May ordinance and federal guidelines for removing lead paint. My employer was also aware as he had just finished another hotel in Capy May that was done according to guidelines. WET! Not DRY! Wet = no dust!

The grinding, scraping and sanding of toxic lead based paint was in the outside dining area of the Blue Pig Tavern in Congress Hall. We had to work early, daily so we could be gone in time for lunch. The floor, tabes and chairs were literally covered in the toxic dust. We were never told of the hazard nor were the Hotel employees who swept and dusted the tables so we had no option to wear masks and the required coveralls that should be bagged and thrown away after each use. After a dusting, the tables were set and food was served by the same employees who surely had lead dust on their clothes, hands and feet. Can you imagine these people eating lunch without a clue of what they are being exposed too? The hotel was open when this happened. Rooms and all! It was mid summer!

The dust blew in the wind exposing those who walked past on the sidewalk.
Lead dust is like a virus. It spreads on clothing, shoes, ect. The lead was surely tracked thruout the hotel, brought into cars and other accommodations and even brought home to tourists homes.

It's very expensive to do it correctly and we all know that Government Appointees need to save money even if it means poisoning the enviroment and the general public. The taxpayers of NJ have to keep digging deeper into their pockets to make sure the NJ Government keeps getting away with such things.

After reading this page... http://epa.gov/lead/ Click the Basic Information link to be completely horrified!

Last edited by corruptnj; 08-24-2006 at 01:04 PM..

Old 08-24-2006, 04:43 PM

31,610 posts, read 71,815,394 times
You better watch your back! If NJ is as corrupt as you claim it is, then how do you know that Corzine or McGreevy aren't beginning to stake out your home with sniper rifles? LOL!

Old 08-24-2006, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrantonWilkesBarre View Post
You better watch your back! If NJ is as corrupt as you claim it is, then how do you know that Corzine or McGreevy aren't beginning to stake out your home with sniper rifles? LOL!

It would not surprise me one bit! Criminals are criminals! Being the current state of the Government I would expect a public flogging. Shooting me would not send the correct message.

Now that I read that Stuart Rabner is going to be the new Attorney General, I'm going to write again and see if I can even get a reply. If the known criminals are removed or prosecuted or any action at all is taken I'll be the first one to say that things are changing for the better.

If the usual nothing happens I'll be making a web site to post every letter I have sent and that I currently send for all to see. It will surely be ugly! I've barely broken the surface with what I have said here. If the people are smart enough to pass the links around for all to see it would at least make people open their eyes unlike those here who wear blinders and try to paint a pretty picture of what is very ugly. Having rights is what makes us Free! Having a Government that totally ignores their own laws and peoples rights under that law is not being free, it's being Saddam!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey