U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2006, 03:04 PM

543 posts, read 1,393,498 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrantonWilkesBarre View Post
Since I know this is going to ruffle even MORE feathers and get me into deeper doo-doo with certain people, I just wanted to say "I believe in you Nick!" I don't have a personal interest in NJ politics, but if they really did cover-up that incident with the lead toxin exposure in Cape May that put the public at risk, then by all means continue to forge onward in your efforts! I don't see why people have such a big issue with you posting this stuff; If they don't like it, then why read it? As far as "Making Jersey look bad" is concerned, as I said in the past (which angered people) "NJ already has an image problem!" Like it or not, I'm being a realist when I say that people in Maine, Pennsylvania, Florida, and several other states have bad-mouthed NJ! Likewise, people in NJ love to think of we Pennsylvanians as being stone-age hicks who don't bathe and beat our wives! Is either stereotype fair? No! If you don't want NJ to have an image problem, then stop trying to bring down others all the time! (Which is what is primarily tainting your image in the first place!)
If you don't want to sound like a person that's not too bright (I won't say THAT H WORD, OK), then try to make sense in your post. Who are you to speak for the people of Maine, PA, Florida, etc. Again, please listen or I will call you that name again; I and others here told Corrupt Troll that he should indeed call the EPA or whatever. I am not in denial about the problems in NJ. But this is Corrupt's personal problem, his endless, long and boring posts are doing nothing for him and his plight. At least they are entertaining to you though, right?
Rate this post positively

Old 09-01-2006, 05:37 PM

741 posts, read 3,378,025 times
Well Nick, you are certainly a man on a mission. You know in the end it will not play out in your favor. But, you certainly did make your ongoing struggles public. Us little people never win against the big "corrupters". Be glad your out of NJ. I'm justing waiting my turn. And I Loved living in NJ, untill recently. NJ and it's politicians are the gimme, gimme, want, want state. As in Give me your money. And I want your money. It's all about the "almighty dollar."

Old 09-02-2006, 10:25 AM

1,118 posts, read 4,556,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corruptnj View Post
I do not know but think that others do not know how deadly lead can be to the very young, old and ill. http://eps.gov/lead (broken link)

My 12 yo dog that was fed properly, took vitamins daily and acted like a 2yo suddenly stopped eating. Two trips to the vets office were unsuccessful at finding a problem. Blood tests, xrays, ect. The doctors concluded that it had to be something with his brain. 9 days later he died. About 5 days after that I found out about the lead. I had been bringing lead dust home daily for a month on my clothes. I myself was complaining of severe bone pain. Everything hurt. It all came together when I read the info at the epa site.

I know what happened to me but thousands of others were exposed. What happened to them? If they were ill they would not know what they were exposed too or that they were even exposed. The State did nothing but punish me for trying to make them do something about it. They continue to this day to abuse the power of the State to punish me. Is that what you want in Government?
None of this surprises me after living in NJ for over a dozen years. We are planning our escape for after the kids graduate from high school in a few years. If I could pack up and leave now, I would. (This is a tremendous area for a second, vacation home - not a main residence.)

I am well acquainted with Cape May, Congress Hall, and the new restaurant "The Blue Pig" since I live in the general area. Our local paper, the "Cape May County Herald," may be interested in what you have to say, and if they aren't interested in writing an article - there is a feature called "SPOUT OFF" where people anonymously post opinions about local government, etc. It would be beneficial for local people to read about your experience - I'm very glad to have read about the lead paint dust. I will not be patronizing Congress Hall anymore. (The newspaper is online).

The restaurant staff who cleaned up the dust are probably high school or college-aged kids working summer jobs. How disgraceful to disregard their health, the health of families, and any person who would come in contact with this lethal material. At the very least, your story should be heard by the people in this area whose kids may have worked there this summer.

I've seen people in this area behave like ostriches with their head in the sand for all the time I've lived here. Whether it is regarding the school or teachers their children have, an incompetent doctor, whatever - they do not want to rock the boat because they are afraid of repercussions. I'm not from here, so if I don't like what I see, I say so.
Best of luck to you, Nick. You are brave to carry on with your message.

Old 09-02-2006, 12:09 PM

4,324 posts, read 14,087,103 times
Nick, thanks for not just complaining about New Jersey and doing nothing about it, like so many people do in NJ. I also write letters to Corzine and others but receive no response.

NJchick, thanks for sticking up for our home state because there is so much bashing of NJ and it does have a lot to offer. Too bad our government has made it that many of us not want to leave but have to move out. I'm also leaving the state and upset about it but in order for me to not live in a shack in a bad area and own a home I have to leave because I can't afford it, not to mention I refuse to give my hard earned money to the corrupt government here.

As far as NJ vs PA, I have lived in both and all over both states. Guess what? There are hicks/rednecks in both, there are well educated in both and there are nice people in both. Why get nasty? We all live in the USA and are extremely lucky for what we have.

Old 09-02-2006, 01:19 PM

543 posts, read 1,393,498 times
Rapture, I understand completely why some people leave. I have nothing against those who dislike NJ. I have my own preferences, and it is their right also. But, starting a thread with this title, (I still don't know why this is allowed by the moderaters) is really asking for it. I have to laugh, those of us who stand up for our state get labeled nasty, while the Jersey bashers can say whatever they want. I'm just informing those who think that NJ is the only state that gets stereotyped that there are stereotypes for every state. I was responding to Wilkes statement that many people in PA have bad things to say about Jersey. Well, I know many people as well who think that parts of PA are like the deep South. This can go on and on forever. I'm just saying that there are stereotyping and political corruption everywhere, not just NJ.

Old 09-02-2006, 02:58 PM

86 posts, read 266,238 times
Thanks you for your support Patty, Rapture, Scranton, Adream and others.

The State finds any reason to fine you under the pretence that they care about your safety and well being. I think I've shown they do not! It's just another way to separate you from your hard earned taxed income.

Fines for not wearing seatbelts.

Fines for talking on phones.

Fines for smoking.

Taxes for this taxed for that.

Do nothing about exposing you to toxins to protect their own.

Makes sense?

It's becoming a police State.

Watch out for road blocks this weekend! I'm sure they will be everywhere giving out tickets to protect you from yourself if you are not wearing your seat belt or are on a phone!

Have a good weekend all!

Old 09-02-2006, 03:13 PM

31,631 posts, read 72,056,148 times
I just wanted to announce to everyone that I'll no longer be a hemmorrhoid on the **** of progress on the NJ forum! LOL! I'm deciding to take the high road here and stay on the PA forum in order to avoid future conflicts arising in the future between myself, Corrupt, NewHome, and NJChick. I wish you all the best of luck on this forum, and I just want to let you know that I never said I "hated NJ" at all, which is what some of you inferred. All I did was mention that many of my area's residents have negative opinions about the state (not necessarily myself included), and all heck broke loose! I'll stick to the PA forum, where people seem to be able to keep their emotional issues contained more easily. ;o) Ciao! P.S. Best of luck, Corrupt, in your uphill battle against corrupt politicians!

Old 09-02-2006, 04:59 PM

42 posts, read 133,290 times
Corrupt,

I'm sorry to hear about your dog and your experience in NJ. Wish you the best of luck with your correspondence to the Government.

Just one more thing, how is FL treating you? I've been here for 2 years and can't wait to get out. Forget about the people being slow, that's an understatement.
They don't move slower because of the heat or because they are older, they're slower in everything. They just don't GET IT!!!
I don't know if you've come across any native Floridians but when you do buddy, BEST OF LUCK! It will blow your mind away. Walking away and shaking your head will be your response.
You know, too many missed school days (due to hurricanes) would explain the education level down here.
They say NY'ers have an attitude, well that southern hospitality is a bunch of crap!

Old 09-02-2006, 07:08 PM

86 posts, read 266,238 times
LBNY

What part of FL are you in? The people here are ok. Maybe a little slow but it is to be expected. It's not fast paced go, go, go like NY.

I lived in many places in NJ. The year round people down in Cape May county are very different than those in Camden and Burlington county. I use to call Cape May county the twilight zone. Spend a few winters there but make sure you do not have any guns. You may be tempted to shoot yourself!

I think there are all kinds of people in all places. It's just maybe there are more of a certain type in any one area???

Nick

Old 09-02-2006, 10:00 PM

42 posts, read 133,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corruptnj View Post
LBNY

What part of FL are you in? The people here are ok. Maybe a little slow but it is to be expected. It's not fast paced go, go, go like NY.

I lived in many places in NJ. The year round people down in Cape May county are very different than those in Camden and Burlington county. I use to call Cape May county the twilight zone. Spend a few winters there but make sure you do not have any guns. You may be tempted to shoot yourself!

I think there are all kinds of people in all places. It's just maybe there are more of a certain type in any one area???

Nick
Nick -
I'm in Broward County. I would've like to purchase a place in Palm Beach County but the commute to work was too much.
This is true, there are all kinds in all places. I've lived in Las Vegas (that should say enough)
In any event, I'm heading back to NY where my family and friends are.
As for you, enjoy FL, best of luck and be safe during hurricane season. (06/01 - 11/30)

LBNY
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey