Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 03:29 PM

4,073 posts, read 8,979,830 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGOAT View Post
So is the issue the fact that he gave advanced notice that he would not be attending a regularly scheduled committee meeting to testify about an incomplete review, or that he makes more than Christie?

I agree with you that he shouldn't make more than the Governor and Christie was foolish to give him that salary after being so outspoken about government worker compensation. However, the OP that started this has nothing to do with the salary.

So, what's the issue not attending the meeting or the salary?

Or... just taking any opportunity to take a shot at Christie?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2011, 05:55 PM

1,398 posts, read 7,705,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfFull View Post
BINGO....!!! We have a Winner

Old 02-09-2011, 05:56 PM

1,931 posts, read 3,413,291 times
Quote:

Christie? What has he done? Unlike the kool aid crowd he has done some things really really well but he has done some things I am against. Sorry I cant be all in on any politician. What irks me of Larkin is his salary first and foremost and the fact he hasnt explaining anything just rubs salt in my wound. Gracias.

Old 02-09-2011, 06:01 PM

327 posts, read 881,854 times
Quote:
yep.. just OP's just another strawman, mad that he actually has to contribute for his own benefits.

Old 02-09-2011, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newjitty View Post
yep.. just OP's just another strawman, mad that he actually has to contribute for his own benefits.
You guys are very very dense. Let me repeat this I like a lot of what Christie has done. I can not and will not like the Larkin situation especially the salary. I am very very blessed and in very good shape. Gracias.

Old 02-09-2011, 08:05 PM

631 posts, read 719,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bababua View Post
You guys are very very dense. Let me repeat this I like a lot of what Christie has done. I can not and will not like the Larkin situation especially the salary. I am very very blessed and in very good shape. Gracias.
Trust me, new jitty is VERY dense. Guy has hardly any grip on reality.

Old 02-10-2011, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeym81 View Post
Trust me, new jitty is VERY dense. Guy has hardly any grip on reality.
No sweat probably some fat bald dude.

Old 02-10-2011, 05:49 PM

621 posts, read 2,326,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankgn87 View Post
Christie for president! Hes the best gov I have ever seen in the 50 years of life in any state!.. Cutting the wasteful spending, stopping the crazy teacher tenure is just a start!
Don;t stop there..bailingout Atlantic City with over 200 million in tax credits and in the meanwhile forcing school districts to make decisions like charging parents about 400 bucks per sport and thats to play middle school sports.......

Old 02-11-2011, 03:54 AM

7,780 posts, read 21,878,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuck91NYG View Post
Don;t stop there..bailingout Atlantic City with over 200 million in tax credits and in the meanwhile forcing school districts to make decisions like charging parents about 400 bucks per sport and thats to play middle school sports.......

To make changes, someone is not gonna be happy.. Thats the way it is.. Tightening the belt is initially uncomfortable until you lose weight..

Old 02-11-2011, 07:12 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,682,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuck91NYG View Post
I don't agree with the money for Atlantic City, but it's not exactly a handout. They are basically pledging all future revenue for 20 years from the project as collateral for the loan. It's not like we are handing out $200 million for the project. Conversely, if the project was never built, there wouldn't be any revenue anyway. My opposition is the fact that the ability to repay the loan is predicated on this place being profitable and generating a certain amount of revenue.

As for schools charging for extra curriculars, that is a local issue. I happen to believe that it wouldn't take much digging to find the money in any school district. Eliminate one administrator and we can probably eliminate any fees.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey