Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 01:16 PM

1,527 posts, read 4,064,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
If you like 24" of snow the day after Christmas, crowded roads year round, non English speaking store clerks, falling real estate prices but increasing property taxes I say stay in NJ. Otherwise get out now. Your home is not going to be worth what is was five years ago any time soon.
Cut your losses and get out now.

However if you don't mind all those negatives I posted.

Hang in there better days are coming.
We will be sure to send you all of our poor people. Four in my family just moved down there.

I'm sure they will be enjoying the low property taxes and excellent services that NC has to offer!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2011, 01:34 PM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,389,033 times
[quote=Ann77;18544590]We will be sure to send you all of our poor people. Four in my family just moved down there.

I'm sure they will be enjoying the low property taxes and excellent services that NC has to offer![/quote

Don't think you can get NJ sarcasm passed me. I lived too long in NJ.

Why do you assume it is poor people moving to NC?

I get all the services I need in NC. We have two cops in our town of 900. Don't need 10 or 50.
Our county has one school board and one superintendent.
Don't need 10 schools districts and superintendents.
We also have 43 golf courses all privately owned so the tax payers don't have to support the golfers.

We have houses in our town from 3M to 250k so it is not a bunch of poor people living here.

We also have very few potholes here, they get fixed the next day.(you know what pot holes are don't you?)

Are the schools better in NJ? (of course they are) I did not move here to educate my kids.(took care of that in NJ)

Old 04-01-2011, 02:18 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,698,072 times
Quote:
I have heard that but nobody has sent us the bill yet.

Would you care to elaborate?

???
I was talking about the bridges and tunnels collect tolls leaving New Jersey, not entering

Old 04-01-2011, 05:38 PM

1,527 posts, read 4,064,037 times
[quote=PDD;18544859]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann77 View Post
We will be sure to send you all of our poor people. Four in my family just moved down there.

I'm sure they will be enjoying the low property taxes and excellent services that NC has to offer![/quote

Don't think you can get NJ sarcasm passed me. I lived too long in NJ.

Why do you assume it is poor people moving to NC?

I get all the services I need in NC. We have two cops in our town of 900. Don't need 10 or 50.
Our county has one school board and one superintendent.
Don't need 10 schools districts and superintendents.
We also have 43 golf courses all privately owned so the tax payers don't have to support the golfers.

We have houses in our town from 3M to 250k so it is not a bunch of poor people living here.

We also have very few potholes here, they get fixed the next day.(you know what pot holes are don't you?)

Are the schools better in NJ? (of course they are) I did not move here to educate my kids.(took care of that in NJ)
I'm kidding. Well, not really. Four of my relatives did just move down to NC. They got their EITC check and rented a U Haul, filled it with their trash bags and off they went. They couldn't afford to live up here and they have no skills or education or jobs down there, but now they are NC's problem.

Old 04-03-2011, 06:31 AM

88,580 posts, read 84,795,337 times
[quote=Ann77;18548214]
Quote:

I'm kidding. Well, not really. Four of my relatives did just move down to NC. They got their EITC check and rented a U Haul, filled it with their trash bags and off they went. They couldn't afford to live up here and they have no skills or education or jobs down there, but now they are NC's problem.
Hey, I have those same relatives! Mine are in Pennsylvania, though. Hehehe.

Old 04-03-2011, 07:19 PM

787 posts, read 1,776,679 times
I left NJ for good 6 months ago. I'm a software developer and can work from anywhere, so it was time to get the heck out of NJ. My fiancee and I moved to the Southwest, and we're loving it. Weather is great, far lower tax burden, cost of living overall is dramatically cheaper, bought a nice house that's 50% bigger than the place we were renting in NJ with a mortgage payment that's 40% cheaper than our rent, roads/traffic are much better, people are generally more relaxed, etc, etc... If you can make decent money outside of NJ, I highly recommend moving. You don't realize how much better your quality of life can be until you actually make the move.

Old 04-04-2011, 05:24 AM

5,439 posts, read 16,862,267 times
where in the southwest?

Old 04-04-2011, 08:38 PM

1,319 posts, read 4,249,425 times
I don't know about '...for good' part of leaving since I'll probably be moving back to NJ when my yet to be born children come into play.

After 4 years of living in North NJ, it's clear to me that unless I make solid six figures... Lifestyle and standards I'd want to raise my family in, cannot be done in NJ or Long Island. So I'm holding off on having children and going back into NYC grind out for few years to get more experience under my belt to become solid six figure material or bust trying.

See ya NJ, it was great to live in suburb yet not so suburb life in gold coast for good times. Off to Brooklyn I go and hopefully I'll be back and damn I hope I don't regret not buying a residential real estate property in Edgewater.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey