Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2007, 07:38 PM

52 posts, read 205,519 times

Advertisements

I'm all over the place, I know...but the one place I keep going back to is here. We like two homes there and a lot of the areas seem nice...love to hear commute time to JC, preschool/school info as well as just general stuff to do since I'll be home with my girls.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2007, 10:52 AM

Location: Lived Large in Parsippany NJ - Lived Larger in Livingston, NJ -- Now Living Huge in Bethlehem PA
466 posts, read 2,199,697 times
Default Place to be

Quote:
Originally Posted by kykatsmom View Post
I'm all over the place, I know...but the one place I keep going back to is here. We like two homes there and a lot of the areas seem nice...love to hear commute time to JC, preschool/school info as well as just general stuff to do since I'll be home with my girls.
===================

Parsippany is a very nice place to be I lived there for a while before relocating to Livingston - I have two adopted kids who both attended St. Christopher's which is a private school...there are other schools around that are great but I chose St. Chris because my adopted son ADD.

I do not know the commute time to JC but I am guessing maybe 35-45 minutes the most.

There are a lot of things to do in Parsippany depending on the specific area you are looking at so maybe if you can give me an idea of the street or area I might be able to tell you whats available around there and also be specific about the things to do...other than that - I would say take a saturday drive down there and spend as much time as possible exploring the area.

Hope this helps ..... best of luck to you

Old 07-25-2007, 02:46 PM

9,374 posts, read 20,787,825 times
Classic sun belt-ish suburbia with no walkable downtown, unless you count the Lake Hiawatha section. Traffic is abysmal, perhaps worse than any town in NJ except Brick. Rt 46, Rt 80, 287, 280 and 10 all go through Parsippany.

Old 08-19-2007, 12:36 AM

4 posts, read 17,363 times
Parsipanny does not have any good commute options to JC. I tried bus, train and driving - nothing worked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey