U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2011, 07:56 AM

122 posts, read 358,311 times

Advertisements

I've been taking the train from Union station, but since the departure time is around the same, I'm going to start doing Elizabeth or North Elizabeth since there's no transfer from Newark.

I went to Elizabeth today but the only daily parking I could find was the parking garage. A nearby parking lot had an ad for monthly parking at $85 a month, but it was right in the middle of Elizabeth. Not sure how secure it is... not that other NJT parking lots are secure to begin with, but if my only option is the garage at $9 a day, it's not so great.

How is the commuter parking at North Elizabeth? Is it a little less downtown? NJT's station info says that parking is only $40/month which is a pretty good deal.

Am I missing daily parking at regular Elizabeth? Or is North Elizabeth more worth it?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2011, 08:04 AM

12,380 posts, read 25,421,842 times
Theres no parking at North Elizabeth and very very limit service. Elizabeth has parking in the Downtown....a mile west of US 1/9. Your going to pay more for parking in Elizabeth if not now but in the coming years. Your switching lines all because you can't stand switching at Newark? Thats one the most absurd things ive heard , can you wait a year till one seat service starts on the Raritan Valley line.

Old 03-11-2011, 08:30 AM

122 posts, read 358,311 times
I've been spoiled by being on the Northeast Corridor... one seat all the way in.

The cost of a monthly pass is $193 for Union, North Elizabeth, and Elizabeth... if I'm paying the same amount I'd like to be able to just relax and not have to contend with the transfer. It's maybe five minutes' difference from Union to either Elizabeth or North Elizabeth in terms of transit, and the schedules for E/NE are just fine for my work schedule too.

Once one seat service starts on Raritan Valley I will happily switch back. But until then, if I'm paying the same and if there's no serious major difference in getting to the station and parking, I would rather take it easier.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

>