Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 09:59 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,251,551 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
Why would I care if teachers question their own union? I pay taxes. I'm not a teacher. I'm not married to a teacher.
I don't understand why you don't understand how the NJEA doesn't only affect teachers who pay their dues?

It's the largest union in NJ.

Unions don't affect anyone other than the members of?

They do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2011, 10:06 PM
pvs

1,845 posts, read 3,364,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newjitty View Post
This is too easy.

Months later and you've yet to respond to my question.

..the link clearly showed, no bonuses of any sort, simply annual rate and overtime

You've yet to respond.

How's that for reading comprehension?

Then again, what's expected from someone who tried to justify a toll collector's excessive wage by claiming the job, a "mentally exhausting task."

I can't imagine how you get through the task of grocery shopping.
Months later and you've yet to respond to my question.
Because I SAID I was done with you. You can't read, and are extremely frustrating to those of us who can.

..the link clearly showed, no bonuses of any sort, simply annual rate and overtime

You've yet to respond.
Did you ever stop and think that maybe the ARE no bonuses? Why are you such a retard? Please ... step AWAY from the keyboard.

Old 03-15-2011, 10:14 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,123,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
I don't understand why you don't understand how the NJEA doesn't only affect teachers who pay their dues?

It's the largest union in NJ.

Unions don't affect anyone other than the members of?

They do.
I never said it only impacts teachers.

Old 03-15-2011, 10:55 PM

327 posts, read 881,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvs View Post

Did you ever stop and think that maybe the ARE no bonuses?
The first sentence from OP's post of which you responded to read "Auditors say the New Jersey Turnpike Authority wasted $43 million on unneeded perks and bonuses."

The second sentence read "In one case, an employee with a base salary of $73,469 earned $321,985 when all payouts and bonuses were included."

//www.city-data.com/forum/new-j...ect-tolls.html

Reading comprehension?

In that same thread you then claimed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvs View Post

All figures are based on 2009 YTD Pay, which includes OT and any bonuses.

Now you say "the ARE no bonuses?"

Are you clinically and mentally ill?

Last edited by newjitty; 03-15-2011 at 11:04 PM..

Old 03-15-2011, 10:58 PM

23,813 posts, read 34,654,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann77 View Post
Because we have laws in place that make it so teachers have to belong to the union, pay union dues, and school districts have to use the union for their teachers. And elected school boards have to negotiate with the same unions and can't use another source of teachers, driving up the cost. Oh yeah, and if the school board disagrees with the contract, then the teachers union sends it into binding arbitration, by law again, where then the school board is forced to accept the conditions when it comes back. This is all possible because of laws that were written and passed by legislators smoothed over by union contributions.

This is what happened in Wisconsin, people said enough is enough.
You have some of the facts & have made your own scenario.

Teachers voted to bring in the union because schools used to pay teachers a wage that was too low to live on without a 2nd job, year round. The schools are what is called closed shops. When you are hired you then join the union. Employees don't join unions for no reason.

The teachers salaries & benefits are not driving up your property taxes. The Abbott districts are to blame for that.

Old 03-15-2011, 11:05 PM

Quote:
I really can't understand this line of reasoning. Why do you think they should be opening their books to the public?
Why shouldn't they?

At the end of the day, NJ tax payers FUND the NJEA. You can twist it however you want to, it's just a fact. And it will remain a fact until public school teachers don't have to pay the NJEA for their "protection" from reality.

Old 03-15-2011, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Why shouldn't they?

At the end of the day, NJ tax payers FUND the NJEA. You can twist it however you want to, it's just a fact. And it will remain a fact until public school teachers don't have to pay the NJEA for their "protection" from reality.
We disagree on that "fact" then.

Old 03-15-2011, 11:14 PM

Quote:
I never said it only impacts teachers.
So who else, other than teachers, does it impact? The tax payers who FUND the teachers who hand over their tax payer funded dues to the NJEA?

Why don't you just say what you mean and mean what you say instead of playing games?

Old 03-15-2011, 11:15 PM

Quote:
So who else, other than teachers, does it impact? The tax payers who FUND the teachers who hand over their tax payer funded dues to the NJEA?

Why don't you just say what you mean and mean what you say instead of playing games?
I'm not playing any games. I think I am being very clear.

Old 03-15-2011, 11:38 PM

Quote:
I'm not playing any games. I think I am being very clear.
You're very clear in how obtuse you want to remain and not acknowledge facts that have been more than spelled out for you, over and over again.

Facts are facts.

NJ tax payers fund NJ teacher salaries. Fact. NJ teachers are forced to pay dues to their protection agency. Fact. The protection agency spends $7M on advertising. Fact. Those who fund the teachers who in turn fund the protection agency have been OVER said protection agency's tactics for a lot longer than CC has been in office. Fact.

Fact is that teachers don't need "protection". Fact is that teachers need to join the rest of non-public unionized /non-babied society and prove they deserve their jobs like the rest.

Fact is that teachers don't understand how much more beneficial negotiating their own individual contracts would be...for them...and how much more support they'd have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey