Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2011, 02:04 PM

3 posts, read 6,590 times

Advertisements

Thank you for the wonderful forum. So I am looking for a place to stay and commute to downtown Manhattan. I am in late 20s but don't really care for night life etc. I would like to keep my car and have a nice big place.

So here are my requirements:

1. Rent + parking + commute < $1500
2. A (luxury) well maintained 1 br apartment (no roommate).
3. Commute to WTC <= 1 hr.
4. Commute by public transport exclusively

I used to live at Xchange at Secaucus but the management was horrible and the place is overpriced. I am looking at CityView at Rahway and it seems decent so far given the information online. Are there any other apartment complexes walking distance to train station in decent town/neighborhood that can get me to WTC in about an hour (door to door)? I know very little about Jersey outside of jersey city/secaucus/bayonne which don't really fit my budget.

Please help! Thank you so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2011, 02:09 PM

572 posts, read 2,022,089 times
Does it have to be a new or "luxury" building. There are some great places but anything I know of is going to be $1,500 just for the rent, not including your monthly commuting costs and parking if there is none onsite.

That budget seems a little light considering what it sounds like you are asking for.

There is a great new apartment complex in Union, literally next to the Union train station and you get a parking garage with your rent...but I think the rent on a 1 bedroom is going to be about $1,500+ depending on the model apartment you choose...although I am sure it is negotiable.

Old 03-14-2011, 02:21 PM

It doesn't HAVE to be luxury but I really don't to want to live in really old places which is what I have found so far. If you know anything specific please let me know. The Skyview at Rahway, the rent is $1250 which fits the budget. I was hoping to find others in the same travel radius to be able to make an informed decision.

In Union, I believe you are talking about Ave Apartments. They are out of my budget. I don't need things to be that high end. Decent clean midrises would work for me. Thanks a lot for your help!

Old 03-14-2011, 08:34 PM

10,222 posts, read 19,213,191 times
I shudder to say it, but... Newark? There's a few rental buildings near Newark Penn Station which would be in your price range. I don't know much else about them. Commute would be via PATH to the WTC station.

Old 03-15-2011, 10:17 AM

Thanks nybbler. I would like to avoid Newark for obvious reasons. Given the options seems like Skyview at Rahway is the best option for me. I am not at all familiar with the area. Anyone know if the area around the Rahway train station is safe? I googled around for a bit but nothing good or bad came up. Is there anything I should know about the town of Rahway?

Old 03-22-2011, 06:18 AM

2,093 posts, read 5,460,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipiyano View Post
Thanks nybbler. I would like to avoid Newark for obvious reasons. Given the options seems like Skyview at Rahway is the best option for me. I am not at all familiar with the area. Anyone know if the area around the Rahway train station is safe? I googled around for a bit but nothing good or bad came up. Is there anything I should know about the town of Rahway?
I live in Rahway and am downtown almost every night and have no problems
there are also a couple of rentals about a 5 minute walk to train station , one on pierpont which is a block off st georges ave , another on campbell st which was the old city hall they converted into condos, good luck with your search ...Take a trip to a couple of upcoming events happening in rahway are the tastes of towns on april 29th and then hot rods & harleys may 14th
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey