Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 10:13 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,366,553 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmi View Post
Yup ..but I didnt like the apts there. Also, most of the apts available immediately (we are looking to move in at the earliest) are not walking distance to the train station . The ones that are have a waiting list of 2 months and more. So we have dropped the idea of edison as of now..
Simi, Did you try Old Bridge? It has an Indian Population and its a good town to live in , in NJ. My son has an Apartment there and I think there are some available. It's off Rt 18. The Apartments are good sized and the rent isn't bad for NJ. If you want the complexes #, pm me.
Diane
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2007, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
notice how she paints the entire state with a broad brush (in her last post, she said it's hills where she lives, nothing sits "flat", i guess she's never been to Sussex, Hunterdon, Morris or Warren County), yet her feathers get ruffled when someone makes a stereotypical comment about TN?

i didn't realize people came to a NJ board for advice on TN relocation.
I have been to all those places places but remember my husband had to commute to NYC and those areas are just to far. We have cousins in Morris County, Lincoln Park, it floods.
Manalapan, where I lived was flat.
You are stuck with taxes that only keep going up. Mine went from $3800 in 1991 and at present I was told $12,000 with the reassement. Somebody must be doing something wrong there.

Old 08-08-2007, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmi View Post
Sandeep, Forget my last post about edison. After personally visiting a few apts there, we changed our minds. They are crap after what we had back in Ohio. We saw a few apts in Millburn. They are good, easy commute to NY and good schools. The town is sweet. I can suggest a few names if you would like . What is your budget btw ?
I'm sure you got much more for your money in Ohio. I have a few friends that live there.

Old 08-09-2007, 01:19 PM
ira

657 posts, read 3,931,268 times
Default You are a mean, bitter person

<<I hope y'all had fun comuting to NYC today. I heard it was a nightmare. My husband said a client told him 5 hours to drive in today.>>

Diane, you've got some nerve saying things like that. Do you know that one person died as a result of this storm? And yes, it took some people 5 hours to get to work. But to "glow" about that the way you did? What's wrong with you?

Why are you so bitter, anyway? Is it because you couldn't sell enough vacation packages to afford NJ so you had to run to TN?

Whatever, I am done with you.

Old 08-09-2007, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ira View Post
<<I hope y'all had fun comuting to NYC today. I heard it was a nightmare. My husband said a client told him 5 hours to drive in today.>>

Diane, you've got some nerve saying things like that. Do you know that one person died as a result of this storm? And yes, it took some people 5 hours to get to work. But to "glow" about that the way you did? What's wrong with you?

Why are you so bitter, anyway? Is it because you couldn't sell enough vacation packages to afford NJ so you had to run to TN?

Whatever, I am done with you.
I didn't read about the person dying until a few minutes ago. Being a Travel Agent is just a fun job for me, my husband pays all the bills. I really like and enjoy working with my clients who happen to live all over the US.
The previous poster was getting on my nerves(typical Jersey Person) so I shot back. I can't get my sister in LI and I'm kind of worried.
I'm bitter because I had to go thru all that garbage with my house. It sure was not fun to go thru a remediation. Then after it was done, I did have buyers but people who drove me thru the ringer. Even their attorney thought they were not all there.I heard the nuts have a mailbox on top of the Brick one, I find that funny.
That was a Storm-I lost 35 friends in 9/11 and my husband was in the city that day looking out his window and seeing their Trade Center office in Flames. His company that he worked for lost 300 people that day , and it took my husband 5 hours to get home. He was supposed to be there for a breakfast but someone took his place instead, I was afraid he would not make it. I dread when he has to fly into the NY office like he will at the end of this month.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey