Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 10:17 PM

32 posts, read 113,581 times

Advertisements

We are considering new townhomes built by K Hovnanian in Manalapan, NJ.
Model: Purdue

Anyone know buying experience in this development? Any issues about builder.

Any help would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2008, 08:58 PM

5 posts, read 21,731 times
We purchased a single family in this area in September and was told the work will start January.. March is almost at the end and they have not even started braking ground...
Bunch of liars!

Old 03-16-2008, 11:41 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,367,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingforhouse View Post

Look at the Builders Rep when they built in Howell, NJ. They placed studs 6 feet appart I was told.
K. Hovnanian Homes(KHOV),Issues (defects,water intrusion, mold, poor customer service)

Diane G

Old 07-22-2008, 06:40 PM

5 posts, read 35,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingforhouse View Post

Hi, I am thinking about purchasing in meadow creek. Could you let me know how everything went? any information about the schools would be helpful too. Thank you

Old 07-22-2008, 06:44 PM

5 posts, read 35,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane Giam View Post
Look at the Builders Rep when they built in Howell, NJ. They placed studs 6 feet appart I was told.
K. Hovnanian Homes(KHOV),Issues (defects,water intrusion, mold, poor customer service)

Diane G
Hi, I am thinking about buying a single family in the meadow creek development. Could you tell me about your experience if it was good, bad, etc... How is it living in the development? Any information about the school system would be helpful. Thank you in advance

Old 08-13-2008, 07:23 PM

3 posts, read 30,005 times
Bisous911us,

What happened to your home? I'm also thinking about signing the contract this month for one of the single family homes in the meadow creek development. I tried the link above about the builder's rep and got an error. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated as this is a big purchase for us and for anyone to make.

Old 08-13-2008, 10:51 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,367,303 times
I hope this link works. Schools in Manalapan are excellent. But I would really check out the taxes they are giving you on those homes, because I think they are probably higher than the estimate. I noticed that with all New Construction in that town.

Ripoff Report Search Results: Hovnanian

Diane G

Old 02-06-2009, 08:05 AM

2 posts, read 17,768 times
Does anyone know the taxes on a new home in manalapan? Spend about 600k.

Old 02-06-2009, 09:19 AM

132 posts, read 631,710 times
For new constructions, take the final purchase price, ie: base model cost, all upgrades costs, and lot premium (do not include cost of appliances if you are buying them from KHov) and multiply by 2% to arrive at a very conservative yearly real estate tax amount. This will also be the basis for escrow deposit.

After you close and move in, the town will be send a tax assessor to your home to update their data and your real estate taxes will be adjusted correctly in their systems for the latter part of the year. No - you will not get away with paying less taxes in the first couple of quarters as they will be collecting them later. When all is said and done, your actual yearly real estate taxes will be around 1.8% of the final cost of your house.

Old 02-06-2009, 05:08 PM

208 posts, read 853,033 times
I believe there's an archived Superfund site right next to that development so be sure to do your research. I'd see if you can get water readings from the township before buying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey