Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 04:41 PM

341 posts, read 678,760 times

Advertisements

The republican party elite have succeeded in hoodwinking millions of middle class Americans into thinking that labor unions and welfare recipients are evil and are the cause of many a state's economic woes.

The single biggest welfare collectors in this country are Wall St and banking executives. They were handed BILLIONS of your tax dollars to cover bad mortgages and investments. However, the people who gave that money to these fat-cats got kicked out of their homes anyway. How does that work? There should have been riots in the streets over this.

But no..... let us keep getting angry at some hard working corrections officer who made $100k in one year. What is the problem with that? NOTHING!!!!

To all of you "conservatives" out there who continue to believe the rhetoric that labor unions are the problem and therefore the cause of the recent economic downturn and the reason why many local and state governments cannot pay their bills: SHAME ON YOU.

Corporate greed combined with the millions of brainwashed Americans who blindly believe whatever Rush-Beck-Hannity tells them is the problem.

Labor unions are the reason why you have at least two weeks vacation every year.
Labor unions are the reason why you have paid holidays off.
Labor unions are the reason for the 40 hour work week.
Labor unions are the reason why your child does not have to slave away in a nasty factory.

What is so evil about a teacher or a CO making a good wage?
That's not OK, but you sit back and say nothing when an incompetent CEO receives a multi-million dollar bonus paid with your tax dollars.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2011, 05:32 PM

12,546 posts, read 21,400,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEY MAN View Post
The county laid off new employees last year in an attempt to "Trim the fat". It backfired which resulted in millions of dollars in OT. Hindsight= They should have retained the lower payed employees which would have resulted in little OT. With all these cuts going on it's backfiring in many towns and counties and schools.
entirely possible this is true. but do you actually know if overtime paid is greater than salary + benies of those laid off? it's possible, if it's true, they should have just kept the employees of course.

Old 03-24-2011, 08:20 PM

5,818 posts, read 12,624,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Dakar View Post
The republican party elite have succeeded in hoodwinking millions of middle class Americans into thinking that labor unions and welfare recipients are evil and are the cause of many a state's economic woes.

The single biggest welfare collectors in this country are Wall St and banking executives. They were handed BILLIONS of your tax dollars to cover bad mortgages and investments. However, the people who gave that money to these fat-cats got kicked out of their homes anyway. How does that work? There should have been riots in the streets over this.

But no..... let us keep getting angry at some hard working corrections officer who made $100k in one year. What is the problem with that? NOTHING!!!!

To all of you "conservatives" out there who continue to believe the rhetoric that labor unions are the problem and therefore the cause of the recent economic downturn and the reason why many local and state governments cannot pay their bills: SHAME ON YOU.

Corporate greed combined with the millions of brainwashed Americans who blindly believe whatever Rush-Beck-Hannity tells them is the problem.

Labor unions are the reason why you have at least two weeks vacation every year.
Labor unions are the reason why your child does not have to slave away in a nasty factory.

That's not OK, but you sit back and say nothing when an incompetent CEO receives a multi-million dollar bonus paid with your tax dollars.
Thank You, Thank You, Thank You. This is the post of the year. I get it, but many people believe that the middle class is the enemy as the big cats ship middle class jobs overseas. I wish I could give u 1,000 rep points.

Old 03-24-2011, 08:40 PM

3,984 posts, read 7,075,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Dakar View Post

We all know unions and not Wall Street and crooked mortgage lenders brought down the economy single-handedly. When those fat cat teachers in their Mercedes and Bentleys leave at 3:30 in the afternoon for their spa treatments and flights to the Caribbean for the weekend, I think "how DARE they ruin my America!" Then I trudge back to my job, that awesome private sector one without the decent pay raise in years, the boss making 500X more than the average employee and with the skyrocketing medical costs that get passed on to the employees and say "thank god I rough it alone in big business..I'm so much better off! we need MORE tax breaks for business so the benefits filter down to the rank & file like they have been for years."

One of the biggest lies in America is that YOU TOO can be a CEO. Not likely unless you're male, the 1st born in your family, went to an elite educational institution and probably had a mentor to bring you along. As long as that myth continues, you'll have poor slobs crying over BP's troubles last year and begging for more tax breaks for big business from bankrupt state and local governments (that means you, Christie). The game's rigged and the middle class has most definitely lost.

Old 03-24-2011, 09:21 PM

5,818 posts, read 12,624,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EBWick View Post
We all know unions and not Wall Street and crooked mortgage lenders brought down the economy single-handedly. When those fat cat teachers in their Mercedes and Bentleys leave at 3:30 in the afternoon for their spa treatments and flights to the Caribbean for the weekend, I think "how DARE they ruin my America!" Then I trudge back to my job, that awesome private sector one without the decent pay raise in years, the boss making 500X more than the average employee and with the skyrocketing medical costs that get passed on to the employees and say "thank god I rough it alone in big business..I'm so much better off! we need MORE tax breaks for business so the benefits filter down to the rank & file like they have been for years."

One of the biggest lies in America is that YOU TOO can be a CEO. Not likely unless you're male, the 1st born in your family, went to an elite educational institution and probably had a mentor to bring you along. As long as that myth continues, you'll have poor slobs crying over BP's troubles last year and begging for more tax breaks for big business from bankrupt state and local governments (that means you, Christie). The game's rigged and the middle class has most definitely lost.
Again thank you, thank you, thank you. The middle class didn't create this problem. According to Fox and many posters we and you are the problem. LOL

Old 03-24-2011, 09:57 PM

912 posts, read 2,446,189 times
Quote:
They should eliminate all the forces on LBI and combine them with Stafford Township. I should be governor I just saved the homeowners millions in 30 seconds. LOL
Agree 100%. But these clowns won't even agree to have one department for the island, much less combine with Stafford. It's absolutely insane!

In my opinion, we really need to move to a county system for law enforcement in this state, aside from the major cities and certain very large suburbs. I mean, come on, Island Heights has its own police department. The whole town is like an area three blocks long off Route 37 completely surrounded by Toms River!

There, I just saved a few more million smackaroos. Roll Mantoloking and Lavallette into Brick and Toms River and you save a few more million. Roll Bay Head into Point Beach and there another couple. I could do this all night!

Old 03-25-2011, 07:06 AM

17,573 posts, read 46,137,120 times
Labor Unions sucking and Wall Street sucking are not mutually exclusive.

Old 03-25-2011, 08:31 AM

4,897 posts, read 18,489,531 times
i dont think it's a good idea to put people's names and salary for everyone to see...do you?
also, i wonder how much you would like to be paid for basically being in prison for 12 hours a day. just because they are not incarcerated doesnt mean they are not in a prison all day long---litterally. it's a difficult job. (i know someone who is in that line of work)

Old 03-25-2011, 09:06 AM

12,546 posts, read 21,400,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGambler View Post
Agree 100%. But these clowns won't even agree to have one department for the island, much less combine with Stafford. It's absolutely insane!

In my opinion, we really need to move to a county system for law enforcement in this state, aside from the major cities and certain very large suburbs. I mean, come on, Island Heights has its own police department. The whole town is like an area three blocks long off Route 37 completely surrounded by Toms River!

There, I just saved a few more million smackaroos. Roll Mantoloking and Lavallette into Brick and Toms River and you save a few more million. Roll Bay Head into Point Beach and there another couple. I could do this all night!
i agree. but if police move from city to county, does that mean the quantity of individuals needed decreases? i know you save money in overhead for sure. back in my hometown, the smaller towns usually have a local PD with maybe a handful of cops. then state police are also used for major issues. only the bigger cities have truly large PDs.

Old 03-25-2011, 10:19 AM

2,908 posts, read 3,872,601 times
Agreed that business had much of the blame for the current economic crises, but lets be fair, most of the funny business occured on Slick Willies watch. Greenspan, Rubin and Summers were fiddling while Rome burned, even after they were repeatedly warned.

Even better is when Obama appoints Geithner as Treasury Secretary (one of Rubin's boys) and Summers as special advisor. I guess the track record matters less that being in the network.

Quote:
Thank You, Thank You, Thank You. This is the post of the year. I get it, but many people believe that the middle class is the enemy as the big cats ship middle class jobs overseas. I wish I could give u 1,000 rep points.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey