Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2011, 06:34 PM

605 posts, read 2,147,545 times

Advertisements

I am seriously considering joining Lifetime Fitness in Florham Park.

I had a baby 4 months ago and am seriously struggling with losing the weight. (I had a very difficult pregnancy with bedrest for 16 weeks and gestational diabetes. It ruined my body. I was very thin before!!)

Anyway, we took the tour and like the facilities. I'm not ready to put her in daycare there yet but do like having the option.

What do people think about the place? Classes? Personal trainers?

I live a mile away, so it is very convenient for me.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2011, 07:47 AM

4,073 posts, read 8,980,712 times
I've heard co-workers rave about the place. If you're that close and the cost fits for you, seems like a no-brainer. Good luck.

Old 05-24-2011, 09:54 AM

1 posts, read 5,511 times
The Florham Park, NJ Lifetime Fitness Club facility is over-crowded. The Personal Trainers are rude and disrespectful to every member that doesn’t participate in Personal Training. The Personal Trainers claim to have priority on using the equipment and management does nothing about the issue. Lifetime is only interested in membership fees not addressing problems.

Now that the summer months are here & the outside pool is about to open, the 3 month members (JUNE, JULY & AUGUST) start to arrive and abuse the pool and facility rules. Don’t expect to get a chair at the outside.

Old 05-24-2011, 08:42 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,250,426 times
I am there 3-4 days a week, and my wife is there every day.
The only truth to the statement above is about the pool. You have to reserve your chair early, and it is very crowded. We rarely use the pool for that reason.
As to the trainers and equipment, I have never seen a trainer ask someone to get off a machine. The trainers are very friendly to me, and I dont use their services. Nobody is rude, and if they were, I would let one of the managers know. The managers are pretty good at taking care of most problems.

As to the statement about it being overcowded...The facility is 100,000 square feet. There is like 5 of every kind of machine available. If it is truly "overcrowded" then they must be doing something really, really right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey