Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 10:06 AM

38 posts, read 85,517 times

Advertisements

Governor Christie Responds To Teacher During Town Hall

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkuTm-ON904
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2011, 10:45 AM

11,337 posts, read 11,037,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latinmusic74 View Post
Governor Christie Responds To Teacher During Town Hall
He's brilliant. So refreshing to have an honest politician who tells it like it is.

Old 03-30-2011, 11:36 AM

17,573 posts, read 46,137,120 times
I pretty much hate all policticians. But I definitely hate this one a bit less.

Old 03-30-2011, 01:12 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,871,413 times
The man sends his kids to Catholic schools.

His wife is a completely useless investment banker who produces nothing and his combined family income as a result of her useless work is about 600k.

Meanwhile the average teacher makes 60K or slightly over the average NJ income. Achievement levels in NJ are sky high. NJ kids perform well over the average in most academic areas. They have the high the highest four year high school graduation rates in the country. Class sizes are small and our kids learn well.

The only reason he went after the teachers is because they did not vote for him. You want overpaid civil servants? NJ cops are the highest paid in the country. Where is his voice about their 90k salaries?

It says volumes about frankly the serious need for education that he can gain even the slightest hint of respect from people in NJ under those circumstances.

Teachers should be lauded as hard working public heroes, not turned into public enemy number one by a incompetent government official.

Old 03-30-2011, 01:23 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,687,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Teachers should be lauded as hard working public heroes.
heroes????? why are they heroes? i dont think they should be put down or propped up as heroes. they are people who work for a living like anyone else. when someone thinks teachers deserve to be regarded as heroes, i certainly dont want them talking about teacher compensation.

Old 03-30-2011, 01:24 PM

Quote:
The man sends his kids to Catholic schools.

His wife is a completely useless investment banker who produces nothing and his combined family income as a result of her useless work is about 600k.

Meanwhile the average teacher makes 60K or slightly over the average NJ income. Achievement levels in NJ are sky high. NJ kids perform well over the average in most academic areas. They have the high the highest four year high school graduation rates in the country. Class sizes are small and our kids learn well.

The only reason he went after the teachers is because they did not vote for him. You want overpaid civil servants? NJ cops are the highest paid in the country. Where is his voice about their 90k salaries?

It says volumes about frankly the serious need for education that he can gain even the slightest hint of respect from people in NJ under those circumstances.

Teachers should be lauded as hard working public heroes, not turned into public enemy number one by a incompetent government official.
All you have to do is throw in a comment about his weight and that would complete your ridiculous post.

Old 03-30-2011, 01:35 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,871,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
heroes????? why are they heroes? i dont think they should be put down or propped up as heroes. they are people who work for a living like anyone else. when someone thinks teachers deserve to be regarded as heroes, i certainly dont want them talking about teacher compensation.
When you do your important job well you are indeed a hero.

Do you deny what I've written about NJ's academic excellence? Who do you think is behind the good test scores? The tooth fairy?

If we're going to give teachers constant blame when kids are not learning the least we can do salute them when kids flourish.

Enough already. Republican disdain for one of the world's hardest jobs is exactly why our education system fails to do as well as it should. If we can endlessly laud the CEO who sends jobs overseas, puffs up his own salary and makes garbage the least we can do is welcome people who teach our kids to read and write well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
All you have to do is throw in a comment about his weight and that would complete your ridiculous post.
How is my post ridiculous?

Everything I've written is true. He does send his kids to Catholic schools. His wife is an investment banker and they make about 600k a year. NJ do well on measures of academic achievement. The average teacher in NJ makes about 60k a year.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/27/ma...opherjchristie

Prove me wrong.

I think he's a lousy governor. He's raised my property taxes by a considerable sum, demonized teachers, made bad decisions on infrastructure and appointed incompetents. I hope he's voted out of office ASAP.

Last edited by Eleanora1; 03-30-2011 at 01:45 PM..

Old 03-30-2011, 01:49 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,687,864 times
Quote:
When you do your important job well you are indeed a hero.
this is a joke, along with the rest of your post. academic success has nothing to do with teachers doing their job well. academic failure has nothing to do with teachers doing their job poorly. teaching isnt one of the hardest jobs out there.

its a job like any other. im glad you called teachers heroes, it makes it easy to disregard everything you say.

Old 03-30-2011, 01:52 PM

3,219 posts, read 6,580,964 times
Quote:

I think he's a lousy governor. I hope he's voted out of office ASAP.
Respectfully you're in the minority who think this.

Time will tell.

Old 03-30-2011, 01:54 PM

Your post is ridiculous because it is mostly irrelevant. So what if he sends his kids to Catholic school? And posting your moral judgement on what his wife does for a living? As if that somehow matters. And those were the first items of your post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey