Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2007, 11:54 AM

114 posts, read 208,918 times

Advertisements

Hey I'm looking for a Condo in the middlesex area and have narrowed it down to edison. Was hoping someone mght be able to tell me a little something about the town in general and if its a nice mix or cultures in that area. I suggestions also welcome
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2007, 02:30 PM

604 posts, read 2,914,292 times
I grew up in Edison Twp. before it was Edison Twp. (was known as Raritan Twp. in the early 50's.) I lived in the Nixon section also know as Stelton but not to be confused with North Stelton which is in Piscataway Twp. There is also a section of Edison Twp which is known as Piscatawaytown but has no connection to Piscataway Twp.
Now that I got the trivia out of the way to answer your queation. Right now Edison has a large Indian and Asian population largely in the Northern section close to Iselin which is in Woodbridge Twp. That area of Edison that could be called South Edison which is close to Highland Park, consists mostly of very small Cape Cod or Ranches on 50X100 lots. Those sections are known as Paisley Homes, Washington Park, and Nixon Park. Most of those small homes were built in the early 50's. There are some homes that were built in the 60's that are on larger lots.
Edison used to be home to a lot of Irish and Italians who escaped NYC and Newark but I would imagine most have moved on over the years.

Hope this helps.

E

Old 07-28-2007, 04:05 PM

5 posts, read 17,643 times
Default Edison

Edison,NJ is an excellent town to live,work and raise family. It has a diverse culture and is considered a very rsafe place as well. People are nice,friendly with lots of family value. Edison is centrally located with easy commute to New York. It has an excellent train service to New York and most of the people commute by train to New York everyday. Depending on where you live in Edison,you have easy access to 3 train stations : Edison,Metuchen and Metropark. Edison has several dining places and is surrounded by various shopping centres and malls namely Menlo Park Mall, Woodbridge Center.

I live in a Condo-Townhouse built in 2001 and am looking to sell the same since I'll be moving due to job relocation. It's in the one the excellent school districts in N.J. : North Edison School district. Since you are looking for a Condo in Edison,I strongly suggest that you should have alook at my townhouse. It's very young,sunny and full of light. Also it's in the one of the most desireable communities in Edison. I look forward to your reply.

Please let me know if you need more information.

Old 07-28-2007, 04:39 PM

1,289 posts, read 6,097,752 times
Here is some information on the area:

//www.city-data.com/city/Edison-New-Jersey.html

It is a great area close in proximity to everything. If you need any further help, please do not hesitate to ask.

Old 07-29-2007, 12:04 AM

119 posts, read 240,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by change View Post
Edison,NJ is an excellent town to live,work and raise family. It has a diverse culture and is considered a very rsafe place as well. People are nice,friendly with lots of family value. Edison is centrally located with easy commute to New York. It has an excellent train service to New York and most of the people commute by train to New York everyday. Depending on where you live in Edison,you have easy access to 3 train stations : Edison,Metuchen and Metropark. Edison has several dining places and is surrounded by various shopping centres and malls namely Menlo Park Mall, Woodbridge Center.

I live in a Condo-Townhouse built in 2001 and am looking to sell the same since I'll be moving due to job relocation. It's in the one the excellent school districts in N.J. : North Edison School district. Since you are looking for a Condo in Edison,I strongly suggest that you should have alook at my townhouse. It's very young,sunny and full of light. Also it's in the one of the most desireable communities in Edison. I look forward to your reply.

Please let me know if you need more information.
Which community are you? You may better to list your condo with a licensed realtor since condo/townhouses in Edison area sold very fast thru realtors, or in general, thru MLS system... If you do for sale by owner, you want to hold open house every Sunday 1-4pm and before doing so, you want to distribute 1,000 flyers to the "prospective buyers' community". Some such communities are Edison/Blueberry Village, Durhame Woods Apartments, Rivendell, Oxford Apt where apartment rented out and rent hike, and many tenants renting for many years, when receive the rent hike notice at lease date, they will consider to buy. e.g. the next door condo community Edison Hollow South sold out, and last month got 2 condos came out for sale, sold in a few days with many buyers bid over the listing price. another side Edison Manor also sold out a while ago, they all very close to Edison/Blueberry Village apartment where there are 830 units, many looking to buy.

Another communities such as Maple Grove at Piscataway and Westgage Edison sold dozens units each for past month due to the fact many tenants renting years at Durham Woods Apt looking to buy, and many bought at these communities.

So, if you can identified where your buyers are, just 1,000 flyers of your Open House info, one Sunday for one apartment complex will almost guaranteed your condo sold real quick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey