U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 10:55 AM

22 posts, read 104,627 times

Advertisements

I will be travelling for 5 days out of Newark airport and have been researching the different off-site parking options online however many of the reviews seem misleading (almost as if people who work at the places post really good reviews...then there are a ton of bad reviews).

Has anyone used any of them before? I was looking into Airpark, ABC Airport Parking and Skypark.

I don't mind using the actual airports parking lots if its not much more expensive but will give peace of mind that we won't have to wait for shuttles/possibly miss flight/come back to dented car and/or stolen items.

If anyone has used any of these options let me know your thoughts, Thanks!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2011, 12:43 PM

249 posts, read 778,811 times
I used to park my car with Avistar every week when traveling for business. Then after a few incidents I switched to Fasttrack (formerly Mr. B's Park & Lock). But, as soon as the parking garages opened, I switched to parking onsite.
While using Avistar, I came back once to a dead battery. The parking attendant left a light on or something that drained the battery.
Another time while moving around cars, they hit my car hard enough to cause body damage.

I never had a bad experience with Fasttrack, but I found the monorails were much faster than the shuttles to the offsite parking facilities.

Old 04-05-2011, 01:22 PM

453 posts, read 1,635,751 times
We generally park at the Hilton Newark Airport parking lot, either covered inside or self-park outside, which costs much less. I used to prefer the inside parking where you call after you get to the monorail station and they have your car waiting and ready, but it's now $17 a day. The outside self-parking isn't bad but you can walk a bit of a distance from the car. I think that's $12 per day.

Either way works fine. The shuttles run regularly and will drop you at the terminal if not too crowded. Give yourself a little extra time.

R

Old 04-05-2011, 05:32 PM

3,884 posts, read 3,083,724 times
I don't know the ones you mentioned, but we have used and like Corporate Parking Corporate Airport Parking - Elizabeth, NJ - Newark Airport Parking - Free Shuttle Service to Airport - EWR - Newark Liberty Airport
( they also wash the car! if it's more than a certain # of nites I don't remember), as well as Avistar
and parked at Crown Plaza hotel (which I believe is the cheapest, at $8).We never had any problems with any of them, either getting picked up or shuttled over and our car was always fine...

Old 04-05-2011, 06:09 PM

2,535 posts, read 6,130,799 times
economy lot at ewr is $18 per day and/or $6 for every 8 hours after the first 24. Shuttle service is every 10 minutes right to your terminal.

Old 04-05-2011, 06:21 PM

31,776 posts, read 36,112,192 times
i use their parking. convenient but pricey. i like the new parking structure.

i wonder how much revenue newark airport makes from those parking lots.

Old 04-07-2011, 01:06 PM

31 posts, read 132,657 times
We've used the "E-Z Way" parking at Crowne Plaza hotel just outside the airport for years.

Its typically $8 or $9 per day

Airport Parking Discount Coupon for Newark International Airport EWR. E-Z-Way Airport Valet Parking

E-Z Way Parking EWR
901 Spring Street
Elizabeth, NJ 07201
Phone: (908) 994-1999

As the alternate we've used the ABC parking right next door to above (afaik they are run by same mgmt).

A.B.C. Parking for Newark Liberty Airport
819 Route 1 9 North
Elizabeth, NJ 07201
Phone: (908) 354-3444

Airport Parking Coupon for ABC Parking at Newark/Liberty Airport EWR (http://www.longtermparking.com/COUPONS/cpabcewr.htm - broken link)

Both have great (and SHORT) transport to the airport and pickup when you return. Also pretty safe to park.
Easiest in and out whether I travel alone or with the entire family+bags+strollers etc.

We have also used the Corporate Airport parking at EWR and Vista and Avistar etc in the past - but found them slower/longer (and more expensive) in general. And this is even when the parking charges are paid by company/corporate expense.

Also don't forget that some train options could be better, especially without kids in tow.
In the past, we have parked at Ramsey and Rutherford train stations on the Main line (for overnights - just call and let local PD know how many days you are out) and Metro Park on the NEC, and simply taken the train all the way to the terminals.

Last edited by airace; 04-07-2011 at 01:15 PM..

Old 04-07-2011, 04:32 PM

2,046 posts, read 4,610,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnoticmeg View Post
I will be travelling for 5 days out of Newark airport and have been researching the different off-site parking options online however many of the reviews seem misleading (almost as if people who work at the places post really good reviews...then there are a ton of bad reviews).

Has anyone used any of them before? I was looking into Airpark, ABC Airport Parking and Skypark.

I don't mind using the actual airports parking lots if its not much more expensive but will give peace of mind that we won't have to wait for shuttles/possibly miss flight/come back to dented car and/or stolen items.

If anyone has used any of these options let me know your thoughts, Thanks!
or you could just not bother and take a train or bus there like most ppl

Old 04-07-2011, 08:51 PM

31,776 posts, read 36,112,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qjbusmaster View Post
or you could just not bother and take a train or bus there like most ppl
haha take a bus! thats funny!

Old 04-07-2011, 09:17 PM

2,046 posts, read 4,610,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
haha take a bus! thats funny!
I was leaning toward train!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey