Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 05:49 PM

2,046 posts, read 4,949,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
What you never seem to get and on the other sites is that Frequency is too low leading to low ridership. The system is in bad shape....and according to my bus operator friend down there , he thinks the system should be reduced and Rail should be expanded....
I asked about what the frequency should be??? in addition to the rail expansion!!! which rtes do you know have low ridership?? I think you are talking about the 400 series am I correct?? and the 313/315 which are the worse n terms of frequency however after boarding one 313 well 2 of em I was shocked to learn that it was almost FULL. If you were to modify 313/315 how would you improve it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2011, 05:59 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,838,228 times
NJT recently found out that there are alot of underused and wasteful routes and few stations that it closed last year. NJT could cut 40 lines , across the state....

Old 04-07-2011, 06:00 PM

8,632 posts, read 12,987,907 times
Lack of support for South Jersey. I don't see how someone from North Jersey can really complain that much. NJT caters to that northern half of the state while the southern half would be lucky to get the bones left over!

Old 04-07-2011, 06:03 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,838,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
Lack of support for South Jersey. I don't see how someone from North Jersey can really complain that much. NJT caters to that northern half of the state while the southern half would be lucky to get the bones left over!
LOL , we do , i wish the reactivate the Cape May and Matawan line so i can take the train form Westwood to Cape May or the Wildwoods instead of driving.

Old 04-07-2011, 06:04 PM

Quote:
NJT recently found out that there are alot of underused and wasteful routes and few stations that it closed last year. NJT could cut 40 lines , across the state....
which lines are those?? which lines are underused and wasteful??

Old 04-07-2011, 06:06 PM

Quote:
LOL , we do , i wish the reactivate the Cape May and Matawan line so i can take the train form Westwood to Cape May or the Wildwoods instead of driving.
they really do need that cape may line I will agree with you on that. however I would use 319 express or greyhound to AC for 552 if I cant do the others to get to cape may. Cape may's worse weakness is lack of service to atlantic county rather than atlantic city

Old 04-07-2011, 09:48 PM

360 posts, read 1,018,968 times
My biggest gripes with NJTransit are 1) price (as others have mentioned) and 2) parking. If you don't live close enough to walk to a parking station the wait for a permit is YEARS long near most of the train stations. Additionally a lot of the stations ONLY have permit parking and bus service to the nearest train station isn't always easy/effective.

Old 04-07-2011, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower7 View Post
My biggest gripes with NJTransit are 1) price (as others have mentioned) and 2) parking. If you don't live close enough to walk to a parking station the wait for a permit is YEARS long near most of the train stations. Additionally a lot of the stations ONLY have permit parking and bus service to the nearest train station isn't always easy/effective.
which stations have the WORST bus service???

I am crafting an improvement proposal and would need public input.

Old 04-07-2011, 10:01 PM

360 posts, read 1,018,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qjbusmaster View Post
which stations have the WORST bus service???

I am crafting an improvement proposal and would need public input.
I can't answer that definitively. However, I used to live in Caldwell (right near the Verona border) and the bus to get to the nearest station in Montclair (which I think was only 5 actual miles down Bloomfield Ave) could take a half hour minimum. Also, the Montclair line didn't have weekend service for years and even now the trains don't go all the way to Montclair State on the weekends and service is VERY infrequent.

At the time I didn't work in the city and would take the train from South Orange on the weekends if I went into the city for recreation. According to NJ Transit it was either that option or take the bus all the way into Newark.

Old 04-07-2011, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower7 View Post
I can't answer that definitively. However, I used to live in Caldwell (right near the Verona border) and the bus to get to the nearest station in Montclair (which I think was only 5 actual miles down Bloomfield Ave) could take a half hour minimum. Also, the Montclair line didn't have weekend service for years and even now the trains don't go all the way to Montclair State on the weekends and service is VERY infrequent.

At the time I didn't work in the city and would take the train from South Orange on the weekends if I went into the city for recreation. According to NJ Transit it was either that option or take the bus all the way into Newark.
actually there is a bus that goes to south orange known as 92 and also on rte 510 is the 31 bus all accept rail passes. Also what do you believe the frequency of the bus SHOULD BE??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey