Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 11:27 AM

10 posts, read 18,975 times

Advertisements

Hollytree - maybe you are right.However, it very hard to see your smart kid left for second time in the first grade. Math and chess it is not enough. Trust me it is VERY DIFICULT disition to evaluate my son. It is like saying - you are not really normal. But i have to think what is better for him.
Thank you for intresting in my post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2011, 04:28 PM

1,527 posts, read 4,062,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masha Aver View Post
Thanks everybody. Is somebody did neurofeedback? Did it help?
Since you're thinking about some non-med options as well, I thought I would mention maybe getting an occupational therapy evaluation for him as well. They are doing all kinds of neat things in OT now, like listening therapies etc. that can help with attention. Try calling POTS in Teaneck.

Old 05-03-2011, 06:35 PM

22 posts, read 49,854 times
There is no diet that has been shown to be beneficial to children with ADHD. Studies have been done and nothing has come out of it. The only substance that has been shown to increase the hyperactivity index of all children are some artificial colors like Red 40. Reducing these might help a bit, but does not solve the child's problem if he has ADHD. I would think twice about any other dietary changes in the name of ADHD based on current scientific studies.
Food Coloring - Food Coloring and Food Dyes

Old 05-05-2011, 07:00 AM

Thanks Ann, Thanks Stacy

Old 05-10-2011, 11:18 AM

143 posts, read 415,795 times
I have been dealing with my AHDH son for close to 4 years now & I know how painful the thought is. We tried lots of other therapies, went to NYC (Hallowell Center) for second opinion all this for 2 years & nothing really worked. The school's 504B plan was really a joke. Few of the teachers really fully implemented everything and since he was academically ok, we got no services. Everything extra tutoring, OT, etc. we did on our own and all out of pocket costs, many, thousands of dollars in total which is very difficult.
Then we put him on the prescription medicine and it worked well, RIGHT AWAY, which is why so many people choose to use it for the kids. I am very sorry to hear of your son's school problems. Try not to let it get you down, the small motor skills of actually writing plus the hard part of putting thoughts into a sequence on paper was and still is EXTREMELY difficult for my son along with many others with this condition. We love them, we take care of them and I can see you are trying very hard to get him the help he needed. God bless you!

Old 05-15-2011, 07:29 PM

85 posts, read 215,392 times
hey if you're still looking for a doctor and are willing to travel a bit, try Dr. Steven Greco in Ocean NJ. He's excellent.

If you want a neurologist, try Dr. Ronald Barabas in Wall.

If you want any help regarding getting an IEP, I can refer you to an advocacy website, they will help for free.

Old 06-02-2011, 12:35 PM

Thanks to all people that very so kind to write here
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey