U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 04-13-2011, 06:35 AM
 
3 posts, read 42,483 times
Reputation: 12

Advertisements

Hi guys

I am moving to Plainsboro and am looking at the option of commuting from there to NYC for my job.

Does anyone have information on how reliable the Coach USA service from Plainsboro to NYC is? The schedule states just less than 1.5hours, can anyone confirm whether this is actually realistic day-to-day?

If anyone had any experience especially on this bus commute I would really appreciate it!!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-13-2011, 07:40 AM
 
1,527 posts, read 3,914,227 times
Reputation: 438
I have not used Coach USA from Plainsboro, but I have used it from another town and the times were right.

1.5 hours sounds right from Plainsboro.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-13-2011, 03:22 PM
 
2,046 posts, read 4,730,459 times
Reputation: 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam456 View Post
Hi guys

I am moving to Plainsboro and am looking at the option of commuting from there to NYC for my job.

Does anyone have information on how reliable the Coach USA service from Plainsboro to NYC is? The schedule states just less than 1.5hours, can anyone confirm whether this is actually realistic day-to-day?

If anyone had any experience especially on this bus commute I would really appreciate it!!
where in plainsboro there are multiple routes you know
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-13-2011, 06:23 PM
 
3 posts, read 42,483 times
Reputation: 12
Fox Run Apartments Plainsboro Road
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-13-2011, 07:28 PM
 
3 posts, read 42,483 times
Reputation: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann77 View Post
I have not used Coach USA from Plainsboro, but I have used it from another town and the times were right.

1.5 hours sounds right from Plainsboro.












Thank You....
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-17-2011, 03:10 AM
 
Location: Planet Earth
3,905 posts, read 8,648,457 times
Reputation: 1645
If you're worried about reliability, you can try driving to the NJT Northeast Corridor Line and taking the train to Penn Station.

The trip can take about 55 minutes if you catch an express, or an hour and 20 minutes (80 minutes) if you catch a local.

The schedule is here: http://www.njtransit.com/pdf/rail/R0070.pdf
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-17-2011, 03:39 AM
 
Location: Rocking the 609
362 posts, read 985,013 times
Reputation: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by checkmatechamp13 View Post
If you're worried about reliability, you can try driving to the NJT Northeast Corridor Line and taking the train to Penn Station.

The trip can take about 55 minutes if you catch an express, or an hour and 20 minutes (80 minutes) if you catch a local.

The schedule is here: http://www.njtransit.com/pdf/rail/R0070.pdf
I need to throw in the obligatory warning about parking at the Princeton Junction rail station - mainly that there really isn't much in terms of daily parking and the wait for a permit is something like 5 years. If you're going to do the train the best bet would be taking the 600 bus or M6 shuttle to the train station but you'll have to walk to the village center to catch either.

If you time the 600 right and don't mind the walk you can get on at the last stop in Plainsboro (Scudders Mill and Schalks Crossing intersection) and from there the bus goes straight to the train station. The 600 is free if you have a monthly rail pass and the M6 is a $1.00 from what I've heard.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-17-2011, 01:59 PM
 
2,046 posts, read 4,730,459 times
Reputation: 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam456 View Post
Fox Run Apartments Plainsboro Road
ur walking distance from the suburban 900 and academy but its rush hour only or the new MCAT M6 to the train all other times when niether is running drive to the train.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-18-2011, 01:39 AM
 
24,497 posts, read 39,358,249 times
Reputation: 12902
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower7 View Post
I need to throw in the obligatory warning about parking at the Princeton Junction rail station - mainly that there really isn't much in terms of daily parking and the wait for a permit is something like 5 years. If you're going to do the train the best bet would be taking the 600 bus or M6 shuttle to the train station but you'll have to walk to the village center to catch either.

If you time the 600 right and don't mind the walk you can get on at the last stop in Plainsboro (Scudders Mill and Schalks Crossing intersection) and from there the bus goes straight to the train station. The 600 is free if you have a monthly rail pass and the M6 is a $1.00 from what I've heard.
I second this. Parking in Princeton Jnc is hard to get. I was lucky because I took over my dads parking that he got in 1981. It's the 3rd closest to the platform! :-)

Hamilton train station is about 25 minutes and has plenty of parking.

I have a friend that takes the Plainsboro and East Brunswick bus to NYC regularly. He makes it to work and back from what I know.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-18-2011, 03:30 PM
 
Location: Planet Earth
3,905 posts, read 8,648,457 times
Reputation: 1645
Here is a map of the buses in the area that connect to the Northeast Corridor Line: NJ Bus Map for Hunterdon, Middlesex, Monmouth, and Somerset Counties

The suggested fare for the M6 is $1. The schedule is here: http://www.co.middlesex.nj.us/awts/Jamesburg%20Cranbury%20Plainsboro%20Rev%20Orange%2 0BROCHURE.pdf (broken link)

The M6 runs every 60 minutes throughout the day Monday-Saturday.

The 600 is $1.50, or free if you show them your rail pass.

The schedule is here: http://www.njtransit.com/pdf/bus/T0600.pdf

Buses run every 30-45 minutes on weekdays, 90 minutes on weekends, and 60 minutes on holidays.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2022, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top