U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 10:56 AM

191 posts, read 868,902 times

Advertisements

I guess this thread would tend to lean towards agents, fsbo, or any open houses.

Im heading out into NJ this weekend to check out various towns. i'm cencentrating my search into the following areas
Roselle, roselle park, rahway, woodbridge, avenel, edison.

I'm looking for a 3+ bedroom, in the high 200k with a max REAL 1hr commute to nyc penn. i can possibly do a very low 300, but the house/location/schools/commute would have to stun me, and give my fiance an asthma attack

This is an information gathering field trip, as i can only garner so much info from all the great posts on this site.
i really dont want to waste anyone's time, but i'm putting my realistic time-frame for purchase at about 2-4 months. As i stated, this is to get a gist of how things look in the towns that i'm visiting at that time.

If you dont have the time or patience to deal with a first time homeowner with 6,282 questions (give or take a few) please dont respond.
If you are looking for a quick sale (like tomorrow) please dont respond.
If you are going to tell me not to move to NJ, but to find someplace in NC or ATL or VA, please dont respond.

If you are not in the above categories, and think you can help me, i look forward to your correspondence.

Thanks everyone for your help.

-Alan
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2007, 11:24 AM

14 posts, read 115,107 times
I just sent you a PM

Old 07-30-2007, 12:11 PM

1,225 posts, read 2,687,285 times
I PMed you as well.

Old 07-30-2007, 12:28 PM

1,363 posts, read 5,704,428 times
I PMed you too.

Old 07-30-2007, 01:28 PM

1,508 posts, read 5,723,628 times
Default Pm

I think I PM'ed you too !! But I can't recall if I did or not !! LOL

Old 07-30-2007, 04:14 PM

5 posts, read 16,686 times
Hi ! I think in the price range that you are loooking for, it's going to be tough to find a property with at least 3 bedrooms and that too in an excellent school district.

Your best bet is to go for a 2 bedroom place,not because I live in the same and am planning to move out, but because that's how the housing is in in this area.

I live in (North) Edison in a Condo-Townhouse built in 2001 and am looking to sell the same since I'll be moving due to job relocation.It is 2bed,2.5 bath & 1 Car Garrage.It is open,spacious,sunny and full of light.

It definitely meets your requirement of excellent school district.The community is covered under one the excellent school districts in N.J. : North Edison School district.

I strongly suggest that you should have alook at my townhouse.

Also it's in the one of the most desireable communities in Edison.

I look forward to your reply.

Old 07-30-2007, 04:16 PM

5 posts, read 16,686 times
Oops I skipped mentioning the fact that it has an easy access to Edison and Metuchen Train Stations from where you have excellent Train service to NYC. You also have easy access to Shuttle Service to Edsion Train Station.

Hope it helps.

Old 07-30-2007, 04:53 PM

1,508 posts, read 5,723,628 times
Talking Hello Alan? Are you here?

LOL - We're all waiting Alan

I hope you haven't been scared away ! LOL

Old 07-30-2007, 05:13 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,229,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan B 718 View Post
I guess this thread would tend to lean towards agents, fsbo, or any open houses.

Im heading out into NJ this weekend to check out various towns. i'm cencentrating my search into the following areas
Roselle, roselle park, rahway, woodbridge, avenel, edison.

I'm looking for a 3+ bedroom, in the high 200k with a max REAL 1hr commute to nyc penn. i can possibly do a very low 300, but the house/location/schools/commute would have to stun me, and give my fiance an asthma attack

This is an information gathering field trip, as i can only garner so much info from all the great posts on this site.
i really dont want to waste anyone's time, but i'm putting my realistic time-frame for purchase at about 2-4 months. As i stated, this is to get a gist of how things look in the towns that i'm visiting at that time.

If you dont have the time or patience to deal with a first time homeowner with 6,282 questions (give or take a few) please dont respond.
If you are looking for a quick sale (like tomorrow) please dont respond.
If you are going to tell me not to move to NJ, but to find someplace in NC or ATL or VA, please dont respond.

If you are not in the above categories, and think you can help me, i look forward to your correspondence.

Thanks everyone for your help.

-Alan

I won't pm you but when you come to Rahway
Make sure you drive around Milton Lake,Inman Hgts and the Hospital section

I will tell you to check out this link so you can see what is going on in the downtown area
Changes to Cheer About. Really. - New York Times

Good luck with you field trip

Old 07-31-2007, 07:24 AM

191 posts, read 868,902 times
Thanks for your reply.
I've seen alot of townhouses, but coming from an apartment background, i kinda want to have my own space. While many of the townhouses are great looking and newer, they are usually kinda of small for that they offer. To add in some details, i have 2 dogs, 1 is an annoyin little rat of a Min Pin, and the other is a big lovable pitbull. Townhouses dont normally offer an enclosed backyard, and i've yet to see one with a dog run. So i normally dont even look at them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by change View Post
Hi ! I think in the price range that you are loooking for, it's going to be tough to find a property with at least 3 bedrooms and that too in an excellent school district.

Your best bet is to go for a 2 bedroom place,not because I live in the same and am planning to move out, but because that's how the housing is in in this area.

I live in (North) Edison in a Condo-Townhouse built in 2001 and am looking to sell the same since I'll be moving due to job relocation.It is 2bed,2.5 bath & 1 Car Garrage.It is open,spacious,sunny and full of light.

It definitely meets your requirement of excellent school district.The community is covered under one the excellent school districts in N.J. : North Edison School district.

I strongly suggest that you should have alook at my townhouse.

Also it's in the one of the most desireable communities in Edison.

I look forward to your reply.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

>