Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 01:37 PM

284 posts, read 616,903 times

Advertisements

My younger old briefly stayed at the day care next to shoprite while on waiting list for the Learning Circle (it wasn't called Learning Circle at the time- Summit Child Care??, but same staff), I think the one next to shoprite wasn't called "Little Friends" at the time. I didn't compare the two day care centers, because I had my mind set for Learning Circle and I knew it was a matter of time she would go to Learning Circle.
Looking back, I suspected Little Friends "may be" better as I was quite disappointed with Learning Circle.

I didn't post my experience, as it is just my experience and it may be one-sided or I may be biased just because she did not get the right caretakers, hence not really fair for the center as whole.

note that Maplewood has a Y as well. I kind of liked it at the same, one reason was because the caretakers were there for a long time which I think is very important (I think they may have health coverage -- not too sure) because if they like the job they would take the ownership of teaching the kids rather than just "watching" them..I forgot too much now, but I think it was smaller and we had to take local roads, hence opted for Summit.

Learning Center has the kitchen in the building, hence they provided lunch and dinner if you choose the extended hour coverage. However, many people in the area work in NYC, the extended hour is needed. On the other hand, the learning experience in the day care is very important as well, in my experience with my kids, I think it was lacking..

note that there are full time pre-k3 and pre-k4 school around the area, depends on the parents' expectation, sometimes the prek school may be a better alternative.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2011, 02:17 PM

7 posts, read 25,268 times
Default Can you please share your experience of learning center?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anna_mom View Post
sent you a DM
I have a 5 month old and am planning to enroll her in either learning center or little friends in Chatham. Can you please share your experience?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey