Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2007, 10:13 AM

2 posts, read 11,968 times

Advertisements

Hi. Right now I currently live in PA. My friend lives in Toms River, NJ. I have been major family issues right now and I need to get out of PA. Besides I am going to be going to school shortly in NJ. The problem is, every NJ apartment wants us to be making 90% of the rent in one week. Well, at least everyone we called so far. I have not had a real job since Nov. 2006 because of family issues, and the apartments want to see past pay stubs from my past jobs. I would definitely find a job once we move in and all, but these apartments won't let us sign the lease. My friend currently lives with his parents now. He has a full time job, but doesn't make enough in one week to sign the lease on his own. I'd have to have a job so our combined income for one week would be 90% of the rent. Question is, are there any apartments in NJ that would sort of take a chance on us and let us move in and wait for me to find a job? It can't be nothing more than 30 miles from Manahawkin, that is where he works and cannot find another job. I'm sorry this is a long read. I appreciate anyone who takes their time and read it and helps me out. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2007, 01:03 PM

9,319 posts, read 16,655,876 times
Default Apartment rental

You probably need someone who has an income to co-sign on the lease.

Old 07-31-2007, 01:06 PM

1,289 posts, read 6,096,057 times
You could also try working with private listings like with a real estate agent or craigslist.com. You will have more luck with private listings versus Apartment Complexes. What is your price range?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey