Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 10:31 PM

460 posts, read 3,543,232 times

Advertisements

We had FIOS installed a couple weeks ago and since we have 30 days to cancel and switch back to our cable which is still activated how do we plug the cable back in? I looked in my basement where the cable used to come in and it now goes to the FIOS box so I unplugled it and it's a flat-ish wire with an end that cannot be used with a regular coax cable connection
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2011, 10:43 PM
pvs

1,845 posts, read 3,361,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripod View Post
We had FIOS installed a couple weeks ago and since we have 30 days to cancel and switch back to our cable which is still activated how do we plug the cable back in? I looked in my basement where the cable used to come in and it now goes to the FIOS box so I unplugled it and it's a flat-ish wire with an end that cannot be used with a regular coax cable connection
Hmm. Why don't you just call CABLE to get the details about this conversion? I am pretty sure they'd welcome you back. Especially if you had posted a message saying the switch to FIOS wasn't "good" for you.

Anyway ... hope you find the answer(s) you are seeking.

I wish FIOS was in MY area. Competition is always good!

Old 04-29-2011, 03:53 AM

5,439 posts, read 16,834,264 times
Cable and FIOS are on separate cables. FIOS is fiber and cable is coax. Look for a cable coupler outside your home and follow it inside....

Old 04-29-2011, 04:49 AM

4,712 posts, read 4,390,479 times
Wow- we switched to FIOS about 2 or 3 years ago and have been nothing but delighted. I am sure you have your reasons for switching back to cable, but this is the first time I have heard of someone preferring cable. live and learn.

Old 04-29-2011, 05:07 AM

11,337 posts, read 11,009,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripod View Post
Why in God's name would you ever switch from FIOS to cable? The difference is like cars and horses...

Old 04-29-2011, 05:29 AM

5,439 posts, read 16,834,264 times
I dont watch TV but we have had fios internet for 4 years. It has never gone done and is fast.

My biggest complaint about both providers is that they show up at my door step at 6pm at night trying to sell me stuff. are you kidding me....

Old 04-29-2011, 07:15 AM

41 posts, read 112,551 times
Yes!! and they are SUPER aggressive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe moving View Post
I dont watch TV but we have had fios internet for 4 years. It has never gone done and is fast.

My biggest complaint about both providers is that they show up at my door step at 6pm at night trying to sell me stuff. are you kidding me....

Old 04-30-2011, 09:49 PM

460 posts, read 3,543,232 times
Yeah looks like we're going to stick with FIOS afterall. One thing I liked a little better with Comcast was the free movies + shows which although FIOS offers free viewing they do differ a bit.

Old 05-02-2011, 05:31 PM

1,110 posts, read 4,365,474 times
FIOS is expected to come to my area 2049! Yeppee!

Old 05-02-2011, 09:08 PM

587 posts, read 2,175,595 times
I switched to fios 4 months ago coming from comcast and i am extremely disappointed that verizon still doesn't have MSG HD. Both comcast and verizon have their issues but i just don't see how verizon fios is so much better than comcast cable. With fios my internet speeds are the same, i lost msg hd and didn't gain any worth while channels. As far as wifi hotspots i prefer comcast method over verizon since i don't need to install a client to connect, plus in my experience ive come across many more comcast xfinity hotspots than verizon hotspots.
if comcast just gave me a better deal on another box i would have never switched. I was just trying to get a better deal and threatened to cancel. Well I followed through my cancelation, I sure showed comcast. I now pay more for $$ for Verizon services and suffer with no MSG HD.

Oh and what really made me furious is that Verizon did a hard credit pull even after i asked the rep many times if it was going to be a hard pull and she said not to her knowledge. I even refused to give my SS#. They conferenced me over to another department where another rep asked me some questions for "verification". Well this was just another way to pull your credit without an SS#. It showed up on experian only. at least my credit is excellent so Verizon offered me additional 10 month credit for the term of contract, but still i soft pull should have been sufficient.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey