Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 11:01 AM

2,387 posts, read 2,340,968 times

Advertisements

Did Dusty Rhodes have a hand in this?

There are too many malls in that county let alone the state. If the Blue Laws stay the same, what good is it, especially during the holidays? Not to mention it's in an awful area when it comes to traffic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2011, 11:22 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,262,240 times
Only the government could think that building a train line that runs 20 days a year is a good idea! And I never understood why they tore down the old Giants stadium either.

Old 05-06-2011, 11:43 AM

12,380 posts, read 26,851,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Only the government could think that building a train line that runs 20 days a year is a good idea! And I never understood why they tore down the old Giants stadium either.
It moves 10000s of people and growing.....the teams should pay to run the service though....NJT should spend a dime to run it.

Old 05-06-2011, 11:54 AM

88,567 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jy_2007 View Post
Yes!
About time we got a mall here in Jersey!

Now THAT was funny!!!

Old 05-06-2011, 02:08 PM

501 posts, read 1,429,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv95 View Post
If the Blue Laws stay the same, what good is it, especially during the holidays?
Since it's Rutherford, the amusement park, snow dome and waterpark should be allowed to remain open on Sundays and certain holiday times. As a lot of people already said, people will come regardless.

If our movie theater is open on Sundays, anything that doesn't involve clothing retail should be open on Sundays.

If people got stuck in a Newark layover on a Sunday, and they want some brand new clothing before getting back on the plane, they might as well just wait until they get back home. No biggie. I think if I was stuck in a layover, I'd prefer going by the amusement park anyways than thinking of shopping.

I had some time to kill in Kansai International Airport. Took a quick 5 minute train ride over to Rinku Town and ended up in an outlet mall. Had a ride on the ferris wheel, walked around, and even ate some food while being there. It was better than just being stuck in an airport, that's for sure.

Really though, the rest of Bergen County has leaner laws than us in Paramus. I think American Dream being partially closed on Sundays will give more room for the football traffic. Especially, when there is a game going on (which is usually on Sundays, right?). Triple Five has 2 years to change up and improve the roads/parking spaces over there.

The Blue Laws shall never be repelled. We will, over our dead bodies, keep it that way.

Last edited by Unknown Memory; 05-06-2011 at 03:22 PM..

Old 05-06-2011, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Memory View Post
Since it's Secaucus, the amusement park, snow dome and waterpark should be allowed to remain open on Sundays and certain holiday times. As a lot of people already said, people will come regardless.

If our movie theater is open on Sundays, anything that doesn't involve clothing retail should be open on Sundays.

If people got stuck in a Newark layover on a Sunday, and they want some brand new clothing before getting back on the plane, they might as well just wait until they get back home. No biggie. I think if I was stuck in a layover, I'd prefer going by the amusement park anyways than thinking of shopping.

I had some time to kill in Kansai International Airport. Took a quick 5 minute train ride over to Rinku Town and ended up in an outlet mall. Had a ride on the ferris wheel, walked around, and even ate some food while being there. It was better than just being stuck in an airport, that's for sure.

Really though, the rest of Bergen County has leaner laws than us in Paramus. I think American Dream being partially closed on Sundays will give more room for the football traffic. Especially, when there is a game going on (which is usually on Sundays, right?). Triple Five has 2 years to change up and improve the roads/parking spaces over there.

The Blue Laws shall never be repelled. We will, over our dead bodies, keep it that way.
Its in Rutherford , which is Bergen County , and Secaucus is in Hudson County.

Old 05-06-2011, 03:22 PM

501 posts, read 1,429,649 times
Ack. Thanks for the correction, Nexis! ^__^

(Will fix edit that now in my other post.)

*reps*

This is sad... All this time, I always thought Secaucus was a part of Bergen... Noooooooo...

Edit edit: Apparently, I still can't rep you until I spread the "wealth". Just how many people do I need to rep before I get back to yours!? Wahh.

Old 05-06-2011, 03:40 PM

1,163 posts, read 1,995,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGOAT View Post
They have now officially renamed Xanadu as the "American Dream Meadowlands". When completed in 2013 it will be one of the largest malls in America expected to draw 60 million visitors a year. It will house the largest ferris wheel in the country, an aquarium, a theme park complete with three roller coasters, an indoor water park with a beach and North America's first indoor ski slope that will be open year round.

The $3.7 billion project is expected to generate 9,000 construction jobs and is being subsidized with $200 million in sales tax grants from the state.

Article:

New Jersey's Domed City - FoxNews.com (http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2011/05/03/new-jerseys-domed-city/ - broken link)

Slide show of attractions:

The American Dream is a Mall in New Jersey - FoxNews.com
Sounds like something that would be better suited in South Jersey...more room to build. No wait....I don't want there to be even more traffic on the AC Expressway! Driving the 50 something miles on the GSP to Six Flags is enough; I'm not driving all the way from Atlantic County to Rutherford (over 100 miles) just to go to a giant mall.

Old 05-06-2011, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Memory View Post
Ack. Thanks for the correction, Nexis! ^__^

(Will fix edit that now in my other post.)

*reps*

This is sad... All this time, I always thought Secaucus was a part of Bergen... Noooooooo...

Edit edit: Apparently, I still can't rep you until I spread the "wealth". Just how many people do I need to rep before I get back to yours!? Wahh.
Well for a while i thought Harrison , Kearny and East Newark were in Essex County , it turns out there in Hudson county...

Old 05-08-2011, 08:14 PM

74 posts, read 304,576 times
This mall will go downhill real fast once it is taken over by the illegal immigrants from union city and secaucus, as well as the trailer park trash from Moonachie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey