U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2006, 09:35 AM

21 posts, read 149,339 times

Advertisements

Hi All friends:
We have been looking for a townhouse in middlesex county. There are quite some in Piscataway and South Amboy. Would you please provide some information regarding these two towns? Is it safe in South Amboy? Is there a train to NYC from Piscataway? Both my wife and I are working in the city and we need a convenient commute to the city. I visited South Amboy twice. It seems the town is kind of old. Please provide all your thoughts. Thanks very much.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2006, 10:21 AM

1,508 posts, read 5,709,392 times
Default Quick answer

South Amboy: Lots of bars and a train station

Old 08-30-2006, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHomeForSale View Post
South Amboy: Lots of bars and a train station
Thanks for replying. Are there a lot of young people in South Amboy? When I went there during the weekend, we did see few people on the street. What do you think about Piscataway? Thanks again

Old 08-30-2006, 04:38 PM

4 posts, read 28,741 times
South Amboy is up and coming. I live a few towns away and I've been watching the improvements. It's safe and becoming hip, like a small Red Bank. I think real estate will be a great investment there. I'm keeping my eye out for a good buy.

Old 08-30-2006, 07:57 PM

Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by osborn View Post
South Amboy is up and coming. I live a few towns away and I've been watching the improvements. It's safe and becoming hip, like a small Red Bank. I think real estate will be a great investment there. I'm keeping my eye out for a good buy.
Thanks very much for the information. I am also looking for a house in South Amboy.

Old 09-01-2006, 01:51 PM

10 posts, read 77,424 times
Even I checked out south amboy. However, I am not sure about it. There was one part of the city which was really nice and if you go down a few miles it changes completely. From a long term perspective I guess it should be good.

Old 09-01-2006, 07:09 PM

2,408 posts, read 13,890,273 times
Piscataway is a very large sprawled out township. There is no downtown and really, no "there" there. There is no rail station in Piscataway and it's nearest station depends upon where in the township you live, but would either be Dunellen (to the north), Edison (to the southwest) or New Brunswick (to the southeast). It's a very quiet suburban middle-class community.

Old 09-25-2006, 01:29 PM

66 posts, read 376,577 times
Default I gotta reply

My wife and I both purchased a condo at Beacon Pointe, we are 29yrs old. I recommended the area to Kamit as well. We love the area and as the poster stated above, it is definitely up and coming. The plans they have for the community are very exciting and you are steps from the train station (or at least I will be) and it will eventually have the Red-Bank feel, once the construction is completed and all the stores are occupied. Check it out for yourself.......

Old 04-28-2007, 07:28 AM

24 posts, read 74,277 times
Thumbs up South Amboy

Agreed, South Amboy is one of the top places to live in Middlesex County. Check out Beacon Point if you are in the $350k-$400k range. Also check out Harbor Village if your budget is in the $500k-$1mm range (on the water).

Last edited by poconosfamily; 04-28-2007 at 07:29 AM.. Reason: left a number out

Old 04-28-2007, 03:49 PM

9,124 posts, read 34,605,506 times
IMO, if you're going to spend $350k+ for a condo in South Amboy, you're better off buying a house in Woodbridge- it'd be two stops closer on the train, and is already an established community. While South Amboy may be "up and coming", there's still some crummy areas and the school system isn't up to par yet.

Bob
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey