Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 07:33 PM

431 posts, read 942,542 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTMom View Post
I worked in Newark area Legal Center building for 5 years prior to becoming a full-time mom.

The bad reputation of Newark has little to do with its multitude of skyscrapers & several newer homes such as the Hovnanian. Nor does it get its bad rep from the portugese section & its hundreds of great restaurants.

Newarks bad rep & serious problems that will not go away for many many years to come is its "Violent, Negative Element of thugs & low lifes sprinkled across various neighborhoods within the city."

No matter how many millions of dollars you pump into building new buildings & homes, its the BAD ELEMENT of thugs that cause mayhem, violence, crime, robbery that will keep Newark as one of the top 20 most dangerous cities in america.

How can you expect to attract decent, educated, professional young families in many of its neigborhoods when its public schools would scare off most average, regular people.

Try standing in front of its public high schools at dismissal time. The behavior of its teens would stun and shock most suburban parents. Try walking past 9:30pm on weeknights in some of its beautiful corporate buildings such as Prudential, Gateway, etc. after a late night at work- It will make most women & many men very uncomfortable.

If you're by the iron bound restaurants, you'll be fine. Its the less populated, dark streets sorrounding some of these corporate buildings that you will witness suburban men & women rushing to get to their parking lots during late evenings.

Lets not even get into the actual hoods by East Orange & those sorrounding Seton Hall U.

But lets get one thing straight. Majority of residents of Newark are good, decent people. Unfortunately, there happens to be a significant enough ( enough to put the entire city hostage to crime) percentage of residents, whether 10%, 15%, 20%+ who absolutely have No respect for property & human peaceful living.

AGREED!! I pass by Science park high during dismissal and guys are grabbing girls asses and shouting out ****** every other word. All that money poured into the school system and this is what comes out? They jump on cars when they cut through Society Hill until the security comes around and trash and litter all over the place and SCREAM like lunatics "HEY JAMAL whats you UP TO"... such low class people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2011, 06:44 AM

5,818 posts, read 12,624,105 times
4 more people shot in 5 hours. It's not dangerous there. That's about 20 shootings in a week. I wouldn't live there if u gave me a house and paid the rent and fed me. Theres less gunfire in Iraq now.

Old 06-06-2011, 04:08 AM

2,046 posts, read 4,951,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEY MAN View Post
4 more people shot in 5 hours. It's not dangerous there. That's about 20 shootings in a week. I wouldn't live there if u gave me a house and paid the rent and fed me. Theres less gunfire in Iraq now.
WOW really I went on springfield ave at around 2 am and nothing happened there at all then again newark has safe and well WARZONE AREAS!!!!! either that or I am just lucky

Old 06-06-2011, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by qjbusmaster View Post

WOW really I went on springfield ave at around 2 am and nothing happened there at all then again newark has safe and well WARZONE AREAS!!!!! either that or I am just lucky
Driving or walking as the police are enforcing curfews now

Old 06-06-2011, 07:30 PM

2,046 posts, read 4,951,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liamnwk View Post
Driving or walking as the police are enforcing curfews now
walking

Old 06-07-2011, 07:02 PM

Stadium Seating Arrives At Barclays Center - Fort Greene-Clinton Hill, NY Patch

Wow looking at that make the reality of NETS leaving more real. Is that a Best buy in the background?? Where's Newark's Best buy??? Or does tyrone's radio, jewelery and pawn shop == newark's best buy?

Sad the latest news is a mormon church is going to be built right across from the Broad Street Train station in Newark... such a prime piece of land and the best they can do is open a tax exempt non-revenue generating church whose belief system is that dark skin people are cursed in a city full of black people... the irony

Old 06-07-2011, 07:14 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,848,855 times
Quote:
Stadium Seating Arrives At Barclays Center - Fort Greene-Clinton Hill, NY Patch

Wow looking at that make the reality of NETS leaving more real. Is that a Best buy in the background?? Where's Newark's Best buy??? Or does tyrone's radio, jewelery and pawn shop == newark's best buy?

Sad the latest news is a mormon church is going to be built right across from the Broad Street Train station in Newark... such a prime piece of land and the best they can do is open a tax exempt non-revenue generating church whose belief system is that dark skin people are cursed in a city full of black people... the irony
LOL , why are you comparing NYC with Newark.....the 2 can't be any different. Most of Downtown Brooklyn like Downtown Jersey City was built using Tax Abatements... Newark can do the same....and develop faster.... And the Nets leaving NJ was announced years ago....before they moved to Newark....

Old 06-07-2011, 08:52 PM

1,953 posts, read 3,876,908 times
Quote:
a tax exempt non-revenue generating church whose belief system is that dark skin people are cursed in a city full of black people... the irony
Are you black?

Old 06-07-2011, 10:00 PM

28,091 posts, read 29,952,204 times
Quote:
Oh brother. Roughly one in every ten converts to the LDS Church these days is Black. There are Black men in the LDS Church's leadership. Your information is so outdated and inaccurate it's not even funny. In the event that you'd actually like to update your databank, here is some accurate information you might find interesting.

Last edited by Katzpur; 06-07-2011 at 10:39 PM..

Old 06-08-2011, 04:39 PM

2,881 posts, read 6,088,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soug View Post
Are you black?
He's Asian.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey