Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2012, 09:25 AM

283 posts, read 666,131 times

Advertisements

Moved to new home

We moved to our new Bergen home last week. We love the home as it has 16 windows and plenty of sunshines. Our neighbors will move in couple of weeks and we will have more company.

We like the well-designed home with sunshine all around. We selected home with front facing South (for sunshine all day) and away from retention ponds (to avoid any mosquito problem during rainy season). The backside view of mountains and clouds of Bernadsville looks great. The view will be blocked when new homes come up behind.

The air is still fesh compared to Middlesex home, and the area is surrounded by fields. The fields might go away in next few years.

The home is energy efficeint, and the doors and windows are air-tight. We were asked to keep doors/widows open during daytime to let in fresh air.

Here the people have group booked homes side-by-side along with their friends and relatives. There is a group of hones with Indians, one group with Pakistanis, one Chinese group, etc. (There is nothing wrong with it). This way you are assured of help and comfort.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2012, 10:42 AM

1 posts, read 1,735 times
We are looking to buy an Atlantic Elevation A. But it looks like the dinning room and the living room are the same. In fact there is no living rooms in WARREN, ATLANTIC or BERGEN models. So, that means we have to spend ~ 500000 to get a separate living room. I was thinking if we could cover the porch area and include this into the dining room and thus making a space for a living room. But not sue if we can do this, may be after getting the home we can hire a private contractor and do this modification. I think living room is a very important part of any house. Suggestions on how you guys are managing this issue are highly appreciated.

Old 09-30-2012, 11:42 AM

44 posts, read 113,469 times
You can opt for a 9 foot ceiling in your basement and finish it for extra living space. Atlantic is a lot of open space @ 2400 square feet

Old 09-30-2012, 01:57 PM

283 posts, read 666,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mehtman View Post
We are looking to buy an Atlantic Elevation A. But it looks like the dinning room and the living room are the same. In fact there is no living rooms in WARREN, ATLANTIC or BERGEN models. So, that means we have to spend ~ 500000 to get a separate living room. I was thinking if we could cover the porch area and include this into the dining room and thus making a space for a living room. But not sue if we can do this, may be after getting the home we can hire a private contractor and do this modification. I think living room is a very important part of any house. Suggestions on how you guys are managing this issue are highly appreciated.
Mehtman:

With plot size so small, it may be difficult to require town permit for entending home behind for a living room. (We were told that even getting 10' x 10' sunroom behind the home will be problem, but one can always check with town authority). The current homes (Warren/Atlantic/Bergen) have living/dining room combined at about 12' x 19' room, with a small chandelier (provided by builder) hanging on the place for dining room. We use dinette area (between kitchen and family room) for dining. We do not want to carry food to the current dining room and spill over the carpet.

Other option is to spend $50k more and get Essex (around $464,000) model. It has smaller kitchen, but provides for a separate 12' x 14' dining room, leaving 12' x 19' of leaving room alone.

Old 10-01-2012, 10:57 PM

1 posts, read 1,642 times
Quick question - was anyone able to negotiate the list price? Other than getting the current 10K promotion - have you been able to lower the price in any way? or maybe a discount for upgrades? If yes, can you share by how much? Thank you!

Old 10-02-2012, 06:46 PM

9 posts, read 17,110 times
Is anyone in the development using a cleaning service they can recommend?

Thank you!

Old 10-03-2012, 10:57 AM

44 posts, read 113,469 times
How about a lawn mowing service?

Old 10-04-2012, 10:07 AM

9 posts, read 17,110 times
I found a cleaning service through a friend- husband & wife owned (polish descent). They do a fantastic job and are very honest. I've seen their work and its extremely thorough.

They don't have any customers out in Somerset though. I spoke to them and they're willing to come out here to clean if they're able to find another couple of clients in the area.

Is anyone interested? $80/cleaning, which is the going rate. I've met the people from Shirley's cleaning service and Sol's cleaning service- they had the same rates.

Old 10-06-2012, 09:26 AM

20 posts, read 65,866 times
Default granit counter tops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest052511 View Post
To Akboo1 -- can you provide the name of the granite place in Edison? We also went with the standard granite with the hopes to replace it as soon as possible. Seems like they offer pretty good prices...
Guest052511

The name of the business in AVL cabinets on route 1 in Edison. It's a wholesale business for cabinets that sell granite counter tops. The prices is much better than the home depot for the same exact granite. I am planning on getting my kitchen and master bath couter from them. the have a huge selection.

Old 10-08-2012, 03:22 PM

13 posts, read 107,683 times
Thanks, akboo1! We'll definitely check it out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey