Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2013, 01:04 PM

19,116 posts, read 25,309,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandslam21 View Post
btw what you guys think of Master bedroom - its much colder than other bedrooms. even though they got insulation above garage i dont think its enough.
You could always add rigid insulation panels to the garage ceiling in a situation like this. However, you may be wrong about the insulation being insufficient.
After all, Yogesh has assured everyone that an Energy Star home will not need any modification in order to achieve maximum HVAC efficiency.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2013, 10:34 AM

31 posts, read 56,607 times
I don't believe the garage is your issue, our garage is typically warmer than the rest of the house

Anyone having a problem with 'stink bugs' coming in through closed windows/screens? We seem them almost every week and I'm not sure how to handle.

I have read that you can rub dryer sheets on the windows/screens to keep them away but any help would be great!

Old 04-10-2013, 02:48 PM

62 posts, read 147,049 times
hearing this first time.. garage is warmer than rest of the house.

thx retriever... will check.

Old 04-11-2013, 06:07 AM

40 posts, read 67,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
You could always add rigid insulation panels to the garage ceiling in a situation like this. However, you may be wrong about the insulation being insufficient.
After all, Yogesh has assured everyone that an Energy Star home will not need any modification in order to achieve maximum HVAC efficiency.
Retriever:
It is not fair to make fun of other member. Everyone has right to express himself, although we may not agree with Yogesh or anyone at all the times. Otherwise people will stop visiting this group. This is among the most active forums of any housing development in NJ. Let us keep it that way. No more name-calling or putting others down.

Old 04-11-2013, 07:25 AM

19,116 posts, read 25,309,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mount everest View Post
Retriever:
It is not fair to make fun of other member. Everyone has right to express himself, although we may not agree with Yogesh or anyone at all the times. Otherwise people will stop visiting this group. This is among the most active forums of any housing development in NJ. Let us keep it that way. No more name-calling or putting others down.

Apparently you didn't notice the little winking emoticon that I appended to my comment. That should have been a clue that I was saying this in jest.

However, to turn to the reason for my statement, after I earlier posted well-researched facts regarding the value of both basement dehumidifiers and attic exhaust fans, Yogesh informed me that I was wrong.

I was not wrong, and was only trying to pass along some information that would help homeowners to save on energy costs in the long run. He could have ignored what I said, but chose to state--incorrectly--that I was wrong.

Old 04-12-2013, 01:22 PM

I'm sure after reading these comments everyone will take this in good spirits and keep their thoughts going.

so some crazy wednesday night.... someone wrote earlier on this forum its windy.... damn that was something. shook all the windows... also find this place 10-12 degrees cooler...

Old 04-14-2013, 06:59 AM

5 posts, read 8,863 times
Does anyone know the reason some street lamps are yellow and some are white?

Old 04-14-2013, 08:07 PM

16 posts, read 28,808 times
Hi all - for those of you who have closed, how precise is the closing date estimation based on the eight weeks after sheetrock is done? I am contemplating on whether to lock the mortgage rate now or wait another two weeks in case the closing is delayed. Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Old 04-16-2013, 02:32 PM

31 posts, read 56,607 times
Hey Mame2013, our closing was delayed by one week from when they originally said we would close.. we had some back and forth delay waiting for certificate of occupancy.
We cut it very close to our mortgage lock in rate period ending so it was extremely stressful! Best of luck!

Old 04-17-2013, 03:21 PM

mame2013 - I would not go by that. I waited until all the kitchen, paint and carpets were done. At some point builder will lock the house in final preparation. This would be approx 3 weeks before closing. I guess keep going to your house every weekend until you see a lock on the door and sales cant arrange keys for you anymore.

It also depends how flexible is your lender. If they are accommodating than sure lock in earlier.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey