Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2013, 04:12 PM

5 posts, read 15,274 times

Advertisements

Thanks for your response. do you know about traffic in the morning?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2013, 04:14 PM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,387,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerNJ View Post
Those guys are driving around to make easy money. I checked myself and there is no need to get this done for at least 2-3 years and you might not need it for 5-6 years if you have a sloped driveway since water does not sit on it and just flows down. The only time you need to get it sealed is if it is turning gray or you start seeing cracks. These guys just decided to cash on new home owners ignorance.

from another source -

"Q – Should I put a seal-coating on my driveway?

A – There are differing opinions in the asphalt industry on whether or not sealer is needed. Reis Asphalt does not promote the use of an asphalt sealer because your driveway is graded correctly therefore the water is draining away. In our years of experience we have found that sealers just create a buildup that cracks and allows water to pool and enter the asphalt. If it is your personal preference is to seal the driveway, if you do, you should wait at least a year or more for the asphalt to cure."
This has been going on for years in NJ.
The contractor walks up your driveway as you are doing yard work and it's the same speil. "I just finished coating Mr.XXXXXX driveway down the street and I have a load of sealer left over. I can give you a good deal so I don't have to dump this stuff".
I'm not saying you are getting ripped off because they do coat your driveway but like Retriever and SummerNJ said It might not be necessary and it could be too soon.

Buyer beware,

Old 07-25-2013, 05:49 PM

19,125 posts, read 25,327,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neha1234 View Post
Thanks for your response. do you know about traffic in the morning?
Traffic between Summerfields and the Bound Brook station?
Not too bad, but it can be slow-going on the Queens Bridge as a result of traffic backups from that little traffic circle at the Bound Brook end of the bridge.

Old 07-25-2013, 06:08 PM

1,041 posts, read 3,012,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
This has been going on for years in NJ.
The contractor walks up your driveway as you are doing yard work and it's the same speil. "I just finished coating Mr.XXXXXX driveway down the street and I have a load of sealer left over. I can give you a good deal so I don't have to dump this stuff".
I'm not saying you are getting ripped off because they do coat your driveway but like Retriever and SummerNJ said It might not be necessary and it could be too soon.

Buyer beware,
Lets put it like this, they are not getting the screaming deal he thinks he's getting, as I actually had 3 guys stop by this week for estimates (double driveway with multiple crack repairs) and they were all in the ballpark.

Old 07-25-2013, 06:29 PM

how long does it take to go summerfield to boundbrook station in the morning?

Old 07-25-2013, 08:32 PM

how long does it take to drive summerfield to boundbrook station in the morning?

Old 07-25-2013, 11:09 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,486,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by akboo1 View Post
Sawdustmaker,

I don't know if you have noticed this about yourself but your a condescending *******. You think you get to open your fat ugly mouth in the cover of anonymity of this blog. You were not in my Foyer when a representative of the tax office came to my house. Your just some ******* giving you stupid ass opinion that no one cares about. I prefer to be civil and not have to give you a tongue lashing but you go to far with your comments. You were not at my house but yet you feel the need to not only pretend you were there but, but offer up igorance as a reader of the tax representative. Your comment about Franklin township and success. I bet most of the people that live here have more resources than you because your behaving like someone who is jealous. The next time you see my comments, keep it moving. If you decide to spit out a negative comment, I will rip you a new one again.

Akboo
Dude, knock it off.

Last edited by JerseyG; 07-25-2013 at 11:44 PM..

Old 07-26-2013, 12:42 AM

1,915 posts, read 3,486,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogesh Upadhyaya View Post
Akboo1:

Please abstain from personal attack on anyone. Everyone is stating his/her opinion on this social media site. A person can be right or wrong, but still can post, otherwise no one will care or advise for others.

Sawdustmaker is half right that the taxable rate (2.1% of property value for 2013 for Franklin Township) is same for all properties, whether old or new or whether on Schoolhouse Road or at other corner. However, what is different is the property evaluation, which is different for different areas. For new construction home, there is no choice, as the property base (value of home) is the price paid by the buyer. Example, $400k new home price (property base) x 2.1% = total property tax of $8,400 per year.
It's really not different. You will be assessed as "new construction" for now. Then when you are no longer "new construction", a year or two down the line, you'll see your taxes bumped up, b/c a new development will be reassessed faster than, let's say, Middlebush Village.

Franklin Township is seedy like that.

Don't let the assessor in your house. You are not obligated to, and the finishes you have in your house are not their business. This township will tax you higher for having granite or quartz counter tops as opposed to laminate. Got hardwood? Taxed higher than carpet or linoleum or tile.

A few years ago the township hired an assessor who took all of the businesses to town, and raised their taxes ridiculously, yet the township was giving away (selling) property for churches and mosques of every denomination to be built and remain tax free. All that did was invite more traffic from out of town. What happened to that hired hand? He got called out on his fraud and was never heard from again....and "the powers that be" in Frankin never had to answer for it.

This town is corrupt.

Watch your back.

Quote:
Municipality re-evaluates property base (value of property) every few years. The base is dependent on the location where the property is situated. For example, homes at Franklin Boulevard or Hamilton Street will have different evaluation that at Schoolhouse Road property. Many factors are considered, such as traffic, noise, fresh air, crime rate, access to school and other facilities, etc. Although the property rate (2.1%) is the same all homes within the township, the homes are evaluated for different home price, hence total property tax is different for the almost same houses, but situated at different location.
No! Fresh air, noise, crime rate, access to schools and other facilities are not taken in to consideration when it comes down to property taxes in this town or any other town in NJ.

Never, and nowhere does that happen.

Quote:
I know this, since in my earlier location (Middlesex Borough) and all other towns follow the same secret formula. First they finalize next year's budget, and decide property rate, then do exercise of evaluating different homes and arrive at the total. I heard on 101.5 radio that Jersey City is doing the same thing. Its population is 10 times that of Bridgewater town, but it has kept home base (home evaluated price) artificially low, so that it can get more subsidy from state govt. for education, meal program, etc. With view of Manhattan Skyline, Jersey City's total property base price is only about $19 billion, compared to $9 billion of Bridgewater. Hence gets much more state aid than Bridgewater for past 30 years.
Jesus Christmas Trees! There's a secret formula?

Living in Jersey City and smelling fresh air? Those two things don't happen at the same time.

I have no idea what you are talking about when you compare JC to Bridgwater. Home evaluated price?

Counties don't get more state or federal funding based on housing costs or views.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you are trying to say, so please break it down for me?

You live in Franklin, I'm sure you are all in tune with the council and the BS that Franklin puts forth. Hence to get more money from tax payers, which is why new developments keep getting built - causing more traffic, more kids in the schools, which comes down to taxes getting raised.

You just wait until your development is 5 years old and the town council/planning board gives the a-ok to take out another few acres so the "successful" can move in. And watch your property taxes go up and up and up and up and up...when the "twist" was that property taxes should go down. At least that was the BS the council got the dummies in the town to believe when all of the 55 and older "retirement" communities were being built. Didn't happen, b/c Franklin kept building mt laurel/section 8/low income housing. Got 10 kids? Kinda washes out the tax payer on your end of town, when they all go to public school.

It's not your fault, you just aren't as jaded as everyone else who has lived in this township, and cares about it, is. Give it some time, you will be, and especially when you see over 50% of you property tax bill going to the craptastic Franklin Township Public School system. Unless you're ok with that...that's good, but don't pretend it's not what it is for you own sake (and your kids). Look it up. Google Franklin High School + police sent to hospital.

Pathetic thing? There was a "hug the thugs" march down Amwell over this issue. Road was shut down b/c the idiots who send their kids to the school, and jumped in the fight and also got arrested, have no respect for authority and Buster and Booker were all over that. Because it's good that idiots jump cops and send them to the hospital....

And there is a lot more that goes on in the schools (bomb threats every other week (in the middle school)etc.) did you know any of this before you chose to move to Franklin? I knew it, and it's why my kids are in private school.

Last edited by JerseyG; 07-26-2013 at 12:52 AM..

Old 07-26-2013, 03:47 AM

19,125 posts, read 25,327,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neha1234 View Post
how long does it take to go summerfield to boundbrook station in the morning?

Since that information was contained in the first few sentences of my first reply, I thought that it had been answered, but, apparently I need to repeat what I had stated previously:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
The Bound Brook NJ Transit RR station is about 10 minutes drive from Summerfields.

I can add that this timing is contingent upon using Canal Road, which has a higher speed limit than Elizabeth Street in South Bound Brook. If you use Elizabeth Avenue/Elizabeth Street, it will take longer.

Does that answer your question?

Old 07-26-2013, 06:21 AM

ok thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey