Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2011, 08:48 PM

1,548 posts, read 4,314,742 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLN2603 View Post
The only problem is that we can't check in until 2pm and we are stuck in our car until we can get in. We got there early one time and it was like teasing us with the beach right there and couldn't go see it! And leaving at 7am is just not gonna work with a teenager and a husband that is used to working the night shift and would never get up that early. LOL
I don't get it. Why would you be stuck in your car? Go to the beach! Why do you need to check into your room first?

Can't get going by 7:00? Here's some motivation... leave early and then sleep on the beach! Regarding any flack you may receive from the teenager and hubby, remind them that they are the ones making the conscious decision to sit through hours of traffic jams instead of enjoying an extra half day on the beach.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2011, 09:07 PM

84 posts, read 284,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickDD View Post
I don't get it. Why would you be stuck in your car? Go to the beach! Why do you need to check into your room first?

Can't get going by 7:00? Here's some motivation... leave early and then sleep on the beach! Regarding any flack you may receive from the teenager and hubby, remind them that they are the ones making the conscious decision to sit through hours of traffic jams instead of enjoying an extra half day on the beach.
Because Brigantine is a pay beach, you need a beach tag which I am not going to buy when we get them free with our condo. And who can relax when you have a car to unpack...

It is just not enjoyable for us to arrive hours ahead of time..... that is why I am looking for an alternate route.

Old 05-29-2011, 01:01 AM

2,046 posts, read 4,951,111 times
Quote:
I have never used public transportation in my life so, to me, using it on vacation would be a nightmare... let alone feeling like you cut my left arm off! Thanks for the info though....
Not this time around like I said the area you are visiting has super frequent transit service trust me they run like city buses!!!!! literally all hours of the day within the areas you are visiting. In addition the train again is uncontested in terms of SPEED again what will it be 3 HOURS OF TRAFFIC GRIDLOCK OR FAST TRAIN RIDE???? Take the pick even a newbe like you can get used to it the areas you are visiting have buses everywhere it will be very easy 505 is almost every 10 mins runs 24/7 les frequent at night but runs in brigantine there is a jitney and NJT 501 I can even send you links. I know you really dont want to deal with traffic right?? cmon take ur pick?? I remember my first time using SJ transit especially in AC and brigantine it gets easy to learn u will learn fast. The train is the only escape from TRAFFIC HELL its the train or just deal with the traffic

Old 05-29-2011, 01:49 AM

12,380 posts, read 26,847,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qjbusmaster View Post
Not this time around like I said the area you are visiting has super frequent transit service trust me they run like city buses!!!!! literally all hours of the day within the areas you are visiting. In addition the train again is uncontested in terms of SPEED again what will it be 3 HOURS OF TRAFFIC GRIDLOCK OR FAST TRAIN RIDE???? Take the pick even a newbe like you can get used to it the areas you are visiting have buses everywhere it will be very easy 505 is almost every 10 mins runs 24/7 les frequent at night but runs in brigantine there is a jitney and NJT 501 I can even send you links. I know you really dont want to deal with traffic right?? cmon take ur pick?? I remember my first time using SJ transit especially in AC and brigantine it gets easy to learn u will learn fast. The train is the only escape from TRAFFIC HELL its the train or just deal with the traffic
There coming from Central PA , its not like near Philly where almost everyone uses transit. If you use the back routes there should be no issues.... You don't seem to get the concept that not everyone wants to use transit and its not always the best bet. Sometimes a car wins over transit. And in the AC area i would feel better using a car then PT due to the seedy ppl living in AC. This isn't Long Beach or Coney Island but Atlantic City.

Old 05-29-2011, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
There coming from Central PA , its not like near Philly where almost everyone uses transit. If you use the back routes there should be no issues.... You don't seem to get the concept that not everyone wants to use transit and its not always the best bet. Sometimes a car wins over transit. And in the AC area i would feel better using a car then PT due to the seedy ppl living in AC. This isn't Long Beach or Coney Island but Atlantic City.
Thank you!

We are actually coming from Western PA and public transportation is not the norm here. We are suburbanites from Pittsburgh!

I don't even drive into AC due to the seedy people that are on the streets. We did that the first year we were there, thought we would go to the boardwalk, we got 2 blocks into the city and there where druggies passed out all over the place! Hookers on every corner! My son was 11 at the time and he got quite the lesson that day.... So now we go straight to Brigantine and don't look back!

I know you tried hard qjbusmaster but we are not public transportation people! Traffic will have to be traffic for us because there are too many negatives to public transportation! Who is going to take me for a sightseeing tour to check things out? What would I do with all of our luggage, beach stuff and food? We stay in a condo which requires us to bring everything with us, including our sheets! I go to the grocery store a couple of times that week and buy a trunk full of food! And I couldn't see spending half of my vacation waiting on transportation!

Old 05-29-2011, 07:39 AM

255 posts, read 535,735 times
OP, Route 40 is slow but steady. It's worth a shot.

Old 05-29-2011, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Thank you!

We are actually coming from Western PA and public transportation is not the norm here. We are suburbanites from Pittsburgh!

I don't even drive into AC due to the seedy people that are on the streets. We did that the first year we were there, thought we would go to the boardwalk, we got 2 blocks into the city and there where druggies passed out all over the place! Hookers on every corner! My son was 11 at the time and he got quite the lesson that day.... So now we go straight to Brigantine and don't look back!

I know you tried hard qjbusmaster but we are not public transportation people! Traffic will have to be traffic for us because there are too many negatives to public transportation! Who is going to take me for a sightseeing tour to check things out? What would I do with all of our luggage, beach stuff and food? We stay in a condo which requires us to bring everything with us, including our sheets! I go to the grocery store a couple of times that week and buy a trunk full of food! And I couldn't see spending half of my vacation waiting on transportation!
I would use public transit in SE PA , and Central / North Jersey , and around the big cities like Boston or DC ....but some of the smaller cities are a pain. Buses come once every 1hr. Unlike up here in the Jersey Burbs were they come every 20 mins. I don't why your going to our Dump by the Ocean , why not Ocean City or the Wildwoods?

Old 05-29-2011, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
I would use public transit in SE PA , and Central / North Jersey , and around the big cities like Boston or DC ....but some of the smaller cities are a pain. Buses come once every 1hr. Unlike up here in the Jersey Burbs were they come every 20 mins. I don't why your going to our Dump by the Ocean , why not Ocean City or the Wildwoods?
We do visit Ocean City for the boardwalk while we are there. We went to Wildwoods boardwalk last year and hated it! Just didn't like the boardwalk as compared to Ocean City. Seemed like it was mostly tshirt shops competing with each other. I don't think Brigantine is a dump at all.... the beaches are clean, not crowded.... we like a quiet, peaceful, relaxing vacation. Our condo on the beach is beautiful....

Old 05-29-2011, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phrumpster View Post
OP, Route 40 is slow but steady. It's worth a shot.
Thanks! I think we may try it.... can't be any worse than bumper to bumper traffic!

Old 05-29-2011, 09:34 AM

Quote:
We do visit Ocean City for the boardwalk while we are there. We went to Wildwoods boardwalk last year and hated it! Just didn't like the boardwalk as compared to Ocean City. Seemed like it was mostly tshirt shops competing with each other. I don't think Brigantine is a dump at all.... the beaches are clean, not crowded.... we like a quiet, peaceful, relaxing vacation. Our condo on the beach is beautiful....
What about Long Beach Island , its a nice quiet in some parts Island.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey