Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2010, 05:56 PM

2 posts, read 4,818 times

Advertisements

Hi folks. Just moved from one the worst cities in the state, Newa... not even gonna finish it, to a very nice town called Edison. Been here for a month now, and have no complaints what-so-ever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2010, 09:08 PM

5,251 posts, read 13,818,272 times
Best town in NJ (IMO):

1. Montclair
2. Hoboken
3. Wildwood
4. Highland Lakes
5. Cape May
6. Jersey City
7. Phillipsburg
8. Lodi (Hometown)
9. Collingswood
10. Maplewood

Old 06-13-2010, 11:34 AM

13 posts, read 32,973 times
Red Bank
Middletown (across the Navisink river from Red Bank)
Rumson
Holmdel
Ridgewood
Saddle River
Franklin Lakes
Wycoff
Spring Lake
Sea Girt
Colts Neck
Princeton
Oakland
Oldwick/Tewksbury (horse country)
Bedminster
Far Hills
Peapack/Gladstone
Far Hills
Morristown
Chester
Long Valley

Old 06-13-2010, 12:15 PM

877 posts, read 2,839,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Equan View Post
Hi folks. Just moved from one the worst cities in the state, Newa... not even gonna finish it, to a very nice town called Edison. Been here for a month now, and have no complaints what-so-ever.
I lived in Edison for a bit. Nice area, great location, schools are ranked top in NJ. Only thing about it I don't like is the traffic congestion, although they have made recent improvements to Rt 1 going toward Menlo Pk. It is a very crowded area to say the least, you still have traffic backing up at the lights like the one at the intersection of Plainfield Ave and Lincoln Hwy.

I like North Brunswick, which is where I am now. Cost of living is about the same as Edison, but MUCH less crowded and instant access to Rts 1, 130 and 27 with 18, 287 and the Turnpike very close by as well.

Anyway best places in NJ, I really can't come up with a list of towns, but anything down in southern Burlington County - Mt. Laurel, Evesham, Maple Shade, Delran etc. I love the Philly burbs, that's the first part of NJ I ever knew.

Old 04-08-2011, 10:39 PM

1 posts, read 2,059 times
Plan to move to NJ this summer. Can anyone tell me what neighborhoods 30 min from Monmouth University are great for a family with midddle school and high school kids? Safety, affordablility and good schools. Thanks

Old 04-08-2011, 11:03 PM

88,580 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2822 View Post
Plan to move to NJ this summer. Can anyone tell me what neighborhoods 30 min from Monmouth University are great for a family with midddle school and high school kids? Safety, affordablility and good schools. Thanks
You need a better definition of affordability to get an answer to that question. In numbers, and what are you looking for? Buying? Renting? An apartment? A condo? A single family house?

To some people within 30 minutes from MU, a $2,000,000 home is affordable, and to others, $1200 a month rent is affordable.

Old 09-11-2012, 10:24 AM

2 posts, read 2,174 times
Hello,

I will be staying 3 months in New Jersey next summer. I'll be there with my son who is 9 and would like him to attend a language school in summer. He also plays tennis so we're also looking for a good tennis academy or club for junior intermediate-advanced players. I've been to Princeton, Basking Ridge, Hoboken and Atlantic City. I am considering Princeton but would I be missing anything by avoiding to live somewhere by the shore like Red Bank or a town in Middletown? Safety is important. I think of renting an apartment or condo that has a pool, price range between $1000 and $1600 for a one bedroom or two.

Old 09-25-2013, 06:59 AM

7 posts, read 12,609 times
Default Best NJ Towns

My favorite towns are:

Frenchtown
Cape May
Rumson
Long Branch
Lambertville
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey